Quantcast Magic, Mayhem, Wifi and more; Our Return to Disney --Day Five

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic, Mayhem, Wifi and more; Our Return to Disney --Day Five

Cast:

Husband (Me) - 54
    DW - 42
    DD - 12
    DS - 5

"It's Like Africa Hot!!!"

Yesterday, at Epcot Disney was hitting on all cylinders. It was exactly the type of day we wish for when we plan these trips. Could today continue?

For back-to-back days, we had before-park-open ADRs, this time at Animal Kingdom. We had never eaten at the Tusker House for breakfast before, but many here HIGHLY recommend it. (We had done Donald's Breakfastasauras years ago in Dinoland and it was just OK.) I expected the same fare just in a new location.

We wake early, ready ourselves, and head out. For the first time all trip, we do NOT pack our rain gear. It does not look like rain. It's sunny and hot already! Sunglasses at 7:30!

Bus comes fast and we are at Animal Kingdom very quickly. Despite some hiccups, trip is going very well so far. We pass through the gates and -- this is our first pre-open visit at AK -- find they let you up to the Tree of Life Area before rope drop. OK. Where do diners go? It's not very clear where we check in. Our backs against the left storefront, we make our way through the crowd. It is not clear if we are cutting through other breakfasters or if the crowd is just waiting for park open. Slightly uncomfortable. (I think this could be done better.)

On the way, DW says, "I need a REAL coffee," and we hit Starbucks! We check in at Tusker House. "SMILE!" We are quickly seated. This place is deceptively large. From the outside, the facade belies the actual size of the restaurant. We snake our way to our seating and are quickly served.

THIS HAS NOW BECOME MY FAVORITE CHARACTER BREAKFAST! InterCotees were correct! This place is great. I LOVE the variety. Spit-Roasted Bone-in ham, coconut sweet potato casserole, potato & leek frittata. Mmmmm. So many delicious choices. I try nearly everything.

Characters are animated and fun! This is a great way to start a day. We exit, shop a bit in Harambe, then head to FP entrance for Kilimanjaro Safaris. The line snakes all the way to Kusafiri Bakery! CM says, "It's much shorter than it looks." We get in line and it does move very fast. There are CMs with portable devices, checking Magic Bands. In less than 10 minutes, we are on the loading platform. Wow! Just an average Safari this time. Good. Not great. We want to do the trail next, but DS is DYING to see the bats so we walk to Asia for the Maharajah Trek.

DS goes nut at the Fruit Bat exhibit. "Mom, take a picture of that one. And that one, too. Did you get that one?" We spend at least 20 minutes or so there. While viewing, a woman realizes there's no protective screening and "Freaks out!"

"Disney should be more responsible! There's Nothing Here!!!"

She is not pleased. We leave, walk through bird sanctuary, then make our way to tigers. I don't know about you, but I've never had a great experience with the tiger exhibit. They're always, sleeping by wall, sleeping behind the tree, or off out of site. This time it's no different.

"Where are they?"
    "He's sleeping near the wall, behind the tree."
    "Oh, yeah. I think I see something orange and black in the distance."

Figures. We exit, walk past Flame Tree Barbecue (looks like it's expanding,) and go to Nemo the Musical! Great show (as always.) DS loves it. DD loves it. DW loves it. I love it. Plus, it's cool inside because it's blistering outside. Afterward, we get in stand-by for Tough to be a Bug. 10 minutes. We are inside quickly and ready for my favorite of the 3D attractions. Unfortunately, there's water spray on this ride, and DS gets mad and sits on the floor the remainder of the show. He's still fuming on the exit.

We funnel out and go for our lunch ADRs, the Yak & Yeti. For me, it's just ok, but DW and DD really like this place. We have a great seat and they enjoy their lunch. Mine is good. (I'd prefer Flame Tree, but DD freaks out at birds and last time, birds were hanging around the seating area, "stalking her.") Geez!

After dinner, our second FP is nearly ready for Expedition: Everest. Only DD & I will ride. DW gets motion sickness; DS is too frightened. On our way, the Siamang Monkeys are making their way along the rope-way to their stage area. Fascinating. We talk to the Animal Expert for an extended amount of time. She is impressed with how much animal knowledge my DS5 has. He can't get enough information from her. She gives him (us) web sites to visit for more adventures.

DD & I enjoy E:E, but wonder how good it will be when the Yeti finally works properly. (No bird effect this time.) DW & DS are in shop, tucked away in a corner. I need a need backpack and DW points one out. Not too overpriced and we replace the one we've used for Disney trips since 2002! (Goodbye old friend.) The hole in the top is getting too large.

We leave and start our way to Festival of the Lion King. Heat index is at 104! If my family were cartoon characters, they would start melting into puddles. The sun is affecting them and I begin to worry about kids. Sun and heat doesn't bother me, but they look flush!

"Let's go back to the room, rest up, and get ready for tonight!" FOTLK will have to wait.

We have tickets for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and they agree to return. DS "gives up" walking and I have to carry him to bus stop. I have hip-replacement surgery scheduled for later this year and took a cortisone shot to get through this vacation. It's a long walk, carrying a 5-year-old when your gait has a "giddy-up." Back in our room and everyone's out.

We wake around 5:30, ready ourselves, and head to Magic Kingdom. Originally, we were all going to be Star Wars Characters. Then, we were going to be Peter Pan Characters. We finally settled on wearing "Haunted Mansion" T-shirts. Still cool though.

Party is sold out and we arrive around 7:00. I love the atmosphere here. We ride Monsters, Inc.: Laugh Floor first. We rode this attraction last Friday, and Mike's "nephew" Marty Wazowski asked my DS (who became extremely embarrassed) what he wanted to be when he grows up.

"A Dinosaur."

Marty was speechless. His face expression was hilarious. The audience erupted.

This time, DS sits on the floor so he's not put on the spot again. We assure him, he won't be asked, but he doesn't believe us.

This time, show has EXACT SAME JOKES AS FRIDAY! EXACT SAME!!! Great first time. Lame second time.

We get in our first candy line (by Stitch) and it's very long. It moves fast, but the CMs seem a bit "stingy" with the candy. Still, DS gets a charge from getting candy. Buzz Lightyear. Then we make our way through Fantasyland to Frontierland. The line for the parade is already stacked six deep so DW says, "Let's find a place and watch it here."

This parade is great (as always.) We work our way down to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. 20 minutes, but it moves fast. More enjoyable at evening, I think.

We eat at Pecos Bill's Tall Tales Tavern. I love the fixin' bar! After, we find an out-of-the-way place to watch the fireworks. When the crowd thins a bit, we move near the Castle Stage to watch Hocus Pocus Villian Spelltacular!

I've seen a few of these "Castle Shows" and they're usually aimed at kids.

"If we all believe in the power of dreams..."

Blah. Blah.

This show is magnificent. Characters are "dead on." Performances are theater-worthy. Likeness to movie characters is eerily "possessive." It's shoulder-to-shoulder, but we are close to the stage and we all enjoy.

We shop for some MNSSHP memorabilia, grab some snacks, and exit at park close.

Buses are very efficient, getting a packed house back home quickly. MNSSHP was good, but so crowded it was not nearly as enjoyable as I remember previous trips being. Still, all-in-all, not a bad day.

Tomorrow we sleep in...again.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

HI-HO, this is DD12 from 'Magic, Mayhem, WI-Fi and More' ! My Dad's stories match the days perfectly. This was such a fun night. Plus, we saw this scary-cool ghost lady in front of the Haunted Mansion ride (which is my favorite!) CM was so cool! My dad forgot to mention that, but she was fantastic (I think she was a street-mosphere player from Hollywood Studios.) But I love hearing these stories, because it's like I'm living through the memories again.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure you could have a better day!! Everything seemed to work out perfectly!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day - despite the heat!

I'm glad you enjoyed the party, even though it was sold-out.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    HI-HO, this is DD12 from 'Magic, Mayhem, WI-Fi and More' ! My Dad's stories match the days perfectly. This was such a fun night. Plus, we saw this scary-cool ghost lady in front of the Haunted Mansion ride (which is my favorite!) CM was so cool! My dad forgot to mention that, but she was fantastic (I think she was a street-mosphere player from Hollywood Studios.) But I love hearing these stories, because it's like I'm living through the memories again.
    I hope you keep making sure your Dad is telling the right stories ... 'cause sometimes they like to leave things out.

I like the Haunted Mansion lady too ... we were wearing tie-dye shirts during our party, and she LOVED them ... 'cause they were "died".
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post

I like the Haunted Mansion lady too ... we were wearing tie-dye shirts during our party, and she LOVED them ... 'cause they were "died".
    Ha ha ha!!

Great reports thanks so much for keeping us in on the action!!! Making me excited (11 days and counting!)
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: