Quantcast 29 forever PP Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy 29 forever PP Day 1

After a crazy drive through the night with a lot of wet conditions, we finally made it to the property around 9am. We unloaded the car and were not able to check in to the Contemporary that early and they took our info to text us when the room became available. We watched Inside Out on the IPad for awhile before having to leave for our lunch reservation at Beaches and Cream.

Beaches is the same as it has always been, good burgers with better than average French fries with enjoyable ice cream. We got the angus burgers and shared a banana split. The enjoyable atmosphere and reasonable prices for Disney standards is enough to return. The side portions have always seemed small to me though I only got about 8 fries. Banana Split Excellent as always.

We returned and were able to check into our room at 1pm. We are on the 9th floor with a theme park view. As far as views are concerned, it really is top notch. I never go out of the way to really pay a premium for what's out my window but there really isn't a better one on Disney world property in my opinion. The ability to have a walk out balcony is an added bonus. Hallowishes was different and fun with the audio playing through the rooms televison and the ability to see everything from even the 2nd bed near the window without even being outside. The room itself is a standard contemp style hotel room with swivel flat panel and a bit larger than normal bathroom. Probably 4 max would be comfortable spending a large amount of time in there.

Before return for the fireworks, we had the early seating for Victoria and Alberts. Yes, it is phenomal and is worth one visit at some point in your Disney travels. We did not do the wine pairing as 8 glasses is a bit much for. There was a welcome lemon and champagne cocktail which was very delicious and refreshing. The bision starter was excellent and in a tasty sauce. We both had the shrimp which was prepared extremely well followed by the scallop for me and a grouper. The ability to make split decisions allow you to really try a lot. The grouper was from the keys and was one of the highlights. One of us got the duck and other the pork, these two were tasty yet not as good as the other courses the duck was very gamey and the sauce not to my liking. The main course of lamb was exquisite and the veal 3 different ways was also delectable. Obviously if you go the coffee is a must and the service can't really be beat. There seemed to be 8 dessert courses as you start to mentally wear down from 2 hours of food. I don't know how people do the 10 course one. The pear gelato is refreshing and not overtly sweet while the banana gateau is tasty but a bit heavier. The Grand Marnier suffle is clearly very rich but different I only had a small bite. The after dinner chocolates I'm sure are good but we took them to go as we were pretty indulged at that point.

Overall, arrival day was fairly laid back trying to recover with a quick nap and such. The hotel has a lot to offer but the pool appeared only to be about average compared to other pools on property although they do have a 24 hour pool as well. The access to recreation is about the same as other monorail hotels with a little bit more in some instances. The nightly movie spot is not as good as say yacht and beach club but still enjoyable I'm sure.

1st day in the park is up next. I also have no idea why there is a sad face next to the topic subject nothing sad about it haha.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an excellent start to your trip. Thanks for the report!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whew

Ok good, I was worried when I saw the sad face! Glad you had a bit of a recovery day. Victoria and Albert's is on my bucket list!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, was wondering what would have caused the sad face - glad to hear it was a good day!!

Victoria & Albert's is such a wonderful experience - glad you were able to go!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Victoria and Alberts sounds amazing! One day...
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!