Quantcast Crowds?!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Crowds?!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crowds?!

Just spoke to a friend who was inDisney World last week. She is a DVC member and actually left a couple of days early because the crowds were crazy eveywhere and also said some cast members were not quite as "magical"as in the past. Say it isn't so!!!! Anyone have any experiences to share traveling in the past couple of weeks? I am taking my niece and nephew for their first Disney trip on Oct.24. I hope I will not be disappointed!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps they were busier than they might have expected for this time of year. Looking at MK wait times right now on the MDE app, aside from 7DMT and Peter Pan, most waits are 35 minutes or less, with most less. Maybwe it will be busier Halloween week, but certainly not summer busy. Good luck!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately October has become quite crowded. I've been shocked the last couple of years at just how crowded it is. Lots of schools doing fall breaks, plus the F&WF and MNSSHP all equal to lots of folks coming. And Disney is heavily discounting tour packages to South America so lots of those groups are coming almost year round now. Expect it to be pretty crowded, especially Halloween week. Just have a plan and go with the flow.

As for the CMs, I still find them to be excellent. You might catch one here and there having an off moment or stressed by people acting exceedingly selfish/stupid (it seems many guests think Disney exists for them and them only and act accordingly. Very frustrating) but for the most part I've been very pleased with the CMs on recent trips.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We were there Sep 28 - Oct 3. We did Epcot F&W on Tues and Thurs, DHS on Wed, and MK on Friday. The only day which seemed really busy to me was MK probably a 6 or 7. We got there at 9A and left by 1P because of the crowds. DHS wasn't that crowded people wise but since there's not much left the lines are long.

The only rude CMs we encountered were at VGF, one in particular was so snooty and condescending and we were not the only ones complaining about her.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned home on Oct 4th from our trip. MK was busy as usual but manageable with FP's. Mornings were still decent there to get a bit done. We didn't have FP's to Mine Train and rode it each evening with about 20 minute waits and Peter Pan's Flight was only a 15 minute walk on. The new que for PPF was awesome and worth every minute of it.

We didn't visit AK but Epcot was decent. Of course the F&W will be packed in evening and weekends.

The big surprise was Hollywood Studios was great. Such a relaxing day with moderate crowds. We were there for Dapper Day so that was the biggest crowd and it made getting seated at 50's Prime Time rather late but it was perfect.

The CM's were really nice. My DD and Niece has their Bday buttons on and got "Happy Birthday" the entire time of the trip. We had great service at all of our restaurants. I saw more rude guests more than anything and children that were left to run around and scream at the top of their lungs (encouraged by their father) on the bus we rode to CBR, which did NOT make me want to return back to CBR any time soon.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Probably also depends on what you are used to. We've gone in the summer and know what kind of special level of purgatory that is. Anything less than that seems nice.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned home today from a week in wdw. If you compare it to summer or spring break, the place was dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Probably also depends on what you are used to. We've gone in the summer and know what kind of special level of purgatory that is. Anything less than that seems nice.
    It all depends on what you think it should be and what your previous crowd level experiences are. All is doable with FP+ and EMH.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: