Quantcast Magic, Mayhem, Wifi and more; Our Return to Disney --Day Six

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic, Mayhem, Wifi and more; Our Return to Disney --Day Six

Cast:

Husband (Me) -- 54
    DW -- 42
    DD -- 12
    DS -- 5

"Honey, do you have the packages?"

To this point, our predicted rainy weather has yet to materialize. Yesterday, it was 96 with a 104 heat index. Wow! Sweltering. If we could make up our plans on the fly yesterday would have been the swim day. But we can't. Today is the swim day and it is the first bad-looking day of the trip.

We sleep in slightly, wake and ready ourselves for breakfast at the food court. It poured overnight and the temps dropped significantly. When I planned this trip, today was supposed to be a water-park day. For us, it has always been Typhoon Lagoon. But DS saw that a "Gator" is the mascot of Blizzard Beach and decides he wants to go there. We've never been so the night before we chose that park.

The walk to the food court is pessimistic. It's overcast. It's windy. It's chilly (sort of.) It looks ominous. We eat and discuss options.

"Let's just hang at the pool that way if it rains we can just go back to the room."
    "Let's go to a park and hang out there."
    "No. We have no FP's reserved and no ADRs planned."
    "I have homework I can do."

(Who brought that kid????)

I work outside and I've become fairly good at reading radars and indicators. I tell them, we should be rain free for at least a few hours. Let's just stick to the plan and try Blizzard Beach.

When we exit the bus, only one other family is crazy enough to try a water park with us. The parking lot is mostly empty. Temps are in the mid-80s after five straight days of 90+ weather.

We enter and start exploring the park. There aren't many things more enjoyable than the first time you discover a park. Everything is new to you. New surprises. New attractions. New Disney Magic!!!

Wife finds the perfect place to "camp out" and we set up and head off. We see a chairlift (similar to a ski resort) and decide to try that first. On top of Mt. Gushmore, we all try Teamboat Springs. Fantastic!!! DS LOVES IT! We ride it two more times during the day. I'm surprised the water feels like bath water. Despite the overcast skies, we are quite warm.

We make a wrong turn on the exit and decide to take the lazy river back. DS refuses to get in a tube so he swims the river. He's 5. He "thinks" he's a great swimmer. He's merely a hacker in the water. So, if he's "swimming," then I'm swimming next to him. We are synchronized hackers. Neither of us are in tubes as we circle the park.

We exit, then go into the wave pool. Not nearly as magnificent as Typhoon Lagoon, but still a nice pool. We spend a long time in the water. Summit Plummet is closed for the day. (Drats! DD & I wanted so badly to ride that.) Around 11:00 - 11:30, the sun breaks through and it turns out to be a gorgeous day. We ride. We swim. We eat. We swim some more. DS digs a tunnel in the sand. It's an architectural marvel.

Great, great day at the water park. TL is better in my view, but this is a great park. Definitely plan to return.

Around 3:00, clouds begin to move in quickly and we decide it's time to go. We have dinner ADRs in Downtown Disney.

We rest, dress, then take the boat to DD. I let DS explore Lego store. We have a blast in there. Over to West Side. We have dinner at Bongo's. This was DW's "MUST-DO." We've eaten there twice before and neither time was I blown away. This time, our seats are on the main floor, right near the band. I never knew there WAS a band here!!! And dancers. There are "Got-To-Be-A-Man" Male dancers leading beautiful, well-arched female dancers. In between sets, they "strut" through the restaurant. Very eye-catchy. The show was very entertaining.

My meal, though, was once again just OK. DW Loved her Ceviche. It's want she's wanted since I planned this trip.

After, it's time to shop. Real Shop. DW's shop. She wants me to take kids so she can be uninhibited when she explores. No disapproving looks to ruin the fun. (Be afraid! Be very afraid!!!)

We agree to meet later and I take kids to D-Street. I don't know if you know this, but apparently there's this movie coming out called Star Wars and it's supposed to be big or something. My Goodness. Star Wars EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

We get two bags of Star Wars memorabilia, including Star Wars boxers for me. Stylin'.

We all meet up, grab some desserts, then work our way to World of Disney. DS has toys with him and wants to play. I split with him and let girls shop. We stop for a bit and he plays while I sit at a flower bed. The rain finally comes and I ask him if he want to leave.

"Yes!"
    "Let's go."

Because I did what dads do and told him the story of the Swamp Monster, we can't take the boat back to the hotel because it's dark and there might be red, beady eyes in the woods, staring back. At him!!! Instead, we take the bus. But it's raining. And he's tired. So, I carry him and stand in the rain. (Best wait ever!!!) If we had taken the bus, we would at least be dry under the canopy.

We return, tubby, snack, then he asks for his new Star Wars toys we just purchased. I don't have them!!! Text DW: "Honey, do you have the packages?"

She says yes, but doesn't have the D-Street bags. Are you kidding me? Two bags of new stuff, including Star Wars figures, SW boxers, SW T-shirts, and SW pin. Gone! Left at the flower bed. One bag still has receipt in it. We can't catch lightning in a bottle four times this trip, can we? Not bags of new items with a receipt! Have to call Lost & Found tomorrow...again!!!

Oh, well. Tomorrow is another sleep-in day and I'm already thinking of my spinach and feta wrap!!!

Mmmm. Zzzzzz!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've got my fingers crossed that those bags turn up!!!

What a lovely water park day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Other than the rain at the end, and standing in the rain holding a tired child (yes, they are much heavier when they are tired), and the scare of the lost packages, what a GREAT PARK DAY!!! And, a very enjoyable report to read. I like your humor.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

I am loving your trip reports, then.....Cliff Hanger!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

WOW. Y'all just can't stay away from Lost and Found!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09