Quantcast Narcoossee's, Yachtsman & Brown Derby - What's good?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Narcoossee's, Yachtsman & Brown Derby - What's good?

So for our December trip we will be trying out Narcoossee's, Yachtsman and the Brown Derby for the first time. My DD has eaten at the Brown Derby and loved the porkchops...so I am considering that.

Does anyone have any favorites? I am thinking of the surf and turf at Narcoossee's. We have never really eaten much seafood before so getting the lobster tail would be way out of our comfort zone. Is it worth it and would it be enough for two?

Thanks for suggestions!!!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Aside from seafood I've had both the chicken and pork there and both were very good. DS20 loves their Filet Mignon, you may be better off with that than the Surf and Turf if you're not a seafood fan.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We were pretty disappointed with the surf and turf at Narcoosees on our honeymoon trip in 2012. It was enough for us to not return there on our next trip. The crab cake appetizer we had there was fantastic however.

Brown Derby we also did on that trip. I remember a prawn appetizer being really great and DH loved his pork chop that night. I had duck that night but it wasn't great.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

We're dining at all three of those places in December as well!!

Narcoossee's is our favorite on property! I love the surf and turf (tail is succulent, and the filet is always perfect). I also love the whole lobster, and their scallops are always to die for. If they're on the menu, they are worth every penny! You also MUST get the cheesecake for dessert! Completely encrusted with candied sliced almonds and a delicious Lambert cherry sauce. Amazing. We always have awesome service here.

Yachtsman is new to us... we've only dined there once before (last October). I had filet which was huge and perfectly cooked and seasoned. The Peeky Toe crab doughnut appetizer was excellent (and more than enough to share with 2 people). Service and food were top notch.

We haven't been to the Brown Derby in at least 10 years, so it's time to go back. Looking forward to trying it again.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forever a child View Post
    So for our December trip we will be trying out Narcoossee's, Yachtsman and the Brown Derby for the first time. My DD has eaten at the Brown Derby and loved the porkchops...so I am considering that.

Does anyone have any favorites? I am thinking of the surf and turf at Narcoossee's. We have never really eaten much seafood before so getting the lobster tail would be way out of our comfort zone. Is it worth it and would it be enough for two?

Thanks for suggestions!!!
    I have eaten at all 3 restaurants multiple times. I love seafood, so Narcoossee's is a favorite. My cousin, though, loves the chicken there. I liked the surf and turf, but prefer the whole lobster entree. Definitely have the almond crusted cheesecake. I get it without the fruit on top.

At Yachtsman, we have had the filet mignon, NY Strip and lamb chops as entrees and enjoyed them all. We are fans of charcuterie boards, and think this one is one of the best on property. We have gotten sides of the creamed spinach and truffle mac and cheese and loved both of them.

We usually do lunch at the Brown Derby and we each get the Cobb salad, but when we have gone there for dinner, we have ordered the grouper, the filet or the rack of lamb. Some people complain about the food here, but we enjoy it.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: