Quantcast 2017 Trip Planning

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2017 Trip Planning

We are planning a return trip to WDW in 2017. Right now we are unsure of when though. Possibly in February 2017. That's 16 months away!! Time sure does fly.

Our last trip to WDW was in August 2012. Obviously, lots of things have changed since then. I've kept up with the changes and am looking forward to planning this trip. I've been wondering about a few things though.

1. What's the earliest I can book a 2017 trip? I know pricing is usually released in the summer. But I remember reading somewhere that I can possibly book a room before that and then add tickets when pricing is released.
    2. Are there any know refurbishments at the resorts in 2017?
    3. There are MANY (understatement?) changes going on in the parks. Would it be better to plan a trip later in 2017 in hopes that some of that might be complete for peak summer or holiday 2017 travel?

Is it a bit early to be thinking about and planning our next trip? I don't think so. Not when Disney Magic is on the horizon.

With all the changes going on DH suggested we wait until 2019/2020 timeframe for the next trip but we decided the kids need another trip sooner than that. It looks like 2017 is the earliest we'll beable to make it work. Then maybe we can plan again for 2019/2020.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A room only can be booked 499 days prior to your arrival. You will be charged the difference on your deposit when room rates are set for 2017. You can change to a package when 2017 package rates are set - typically sometime during the summer of the year prior.

Wilderness Lodge has a considerable amount of refurbishment that will go into 2017. Who knows what else Disney will announce for 2017 - this information might not be available until some time in 2016.

Disney has been undergoing refurbishment in a variety of areas for several years now. It will likely continue for the seeable future with a variety of things opening and/or closing as construction progresses. I wouldn't base my next trip on the changes that have been announced or on their scheduled completion dates.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank Linda!

Post Thanks / Like

As Linda said, you can book a room only reservation 499 days in advance. That means that today, you could book a room as far out at March 11, 2017.

A room only reservation requires a deposit of one night's room plus tax. If you booked today, they'd charge you the current rack rate for the room. Once 2017 room rates are set, you'd be expected to make up the difference for that deposit.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - are we almost there already - INTERCOT will be 20 years old then - so I am guessing we are going to have some sort of celebration though it will probably be later in the year around October-ish.

I gotta get planning! LOL!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

7. Likes BrerGnat, Jack Skellington liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Wow - are we almost there already - INTERCOT will be 20 years old then - so I am guessing we are going to have some sort of celebration though it will probably be later in the year around October-ish.

The last two celebrations were such a lot of fun!! Looking forward to the next one!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

I'm assuming timing will be dependent on the dates of Gartner Symposium?

Definitely looking forward to it.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like

we're also planning for 2017...the last 2 vacations we went the 3rd week in august,its fun at those times.the lines for rides aren't bad at all,we're used to the heat(hardly rained) and dont have to worry about missing school if you're from the northeast!?the only thing that would make my tripis free dining as far as refurbs&hours wouldnt know sorry
    Next Up-All Star Movies

2019-All Star Sports
    2017-PO Riverside
    2015-All Star Music
    2012-Pop Century
    2010-Pop Century
    2008-Coronado Springs
    2005-PO French Quarter
    2003-LBV
    2001-All Star Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: