Quantcast Dining advice please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dining advice please

So I admit, I've gotten rather used to adult Disney trips. Plus, when my kids were little (20 odd years ago) and I took them, I couldn't afford fancy stuff. Now my financial situation is better and I will have to take a 6 month old into consideration. At the same time, I will have two adults who have never been to a Disney Park, and I want to show them all of the magic. There are also four adults who have become accustomed to one table service meal per day. Any ideas for places that are a happy medium for everyone? I love Blue Bayou. Do you think that is really stretching it with a 6 month old?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Blue Bayou should be okay. They tend to kind of rush people through there. The only thing is it is really dark in there and the tables are close together. It makes it hard to get out quickly if the baby starts acting up. That is the key to dining with a baby that age...the ability to leave so you can walk around if baby gets fussy.

When my kids were little like that, we stuck to places in Downtown Disney for the most part. Many have outdoor seating which provides stuff to look at and allows the baby to get loud and it's okay. We love Naples, ESPN Zone, Tortilla Joe's and Uva Bar. I haven't been overly impressed with the in park sit down places for the most part, except for Carthay Circle, which is NOT baby friendly at all. I prefer the restaurants at GCH and DL Hotel overall. However, even to this day, we usually just do CS because there are so many good options and many of them are huge, filling meals that feel like TS. Flo's V8 Cafe, Plaza Inn, French Market, Rancho del Zocalo, Paradise Garden Grill...all of these have excellent food and atmosphere.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We took our boys to Blue Bayou when they were little. Sometimes they fall asleep as it is dark. An extra bonus.

Sept. 2019 Disney Dream
    Feb. 2016 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
    Nov. 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2008 All Star Movies
    Nov. 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
    May. 1999 Off Site
    Sept. 1997 Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

If you are trying to think of a few table service restaurants that would be workable with a six month old you might try Cafe Orleans at Disneyland. Honestly I have had good and not so good food experiences there. Service always great. Food hit & miss for me. I see they have the fried green tomato sandwich now. It used to be served at Hungry Bear for about half the price. Not making a very convincing sell on this one am I?! But they do have outside seating which would probably be a plus with the young one.

I agree with Natalie about hitting Uva Bar and ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney for table service. We seem to have bad luck at Tortilla Jo's and it has been quite a while since I've eaten at Naples so can't comment on those. If the menu at Jazz Kitchen looks interesting to those in your group I would once again suggest the outside seating for the baby.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

If you time a dinner reservation to when the baby usually sleeps, I see no reason why you can't do any nice restaurant. Go to Napa Rose and let the baby sleep in the baby carrier or stroller. If it turns out that the baby is awake at your reservation time and you are worried about disturbing others in the main dining room, no problem -- just tell the person at the host stand that you'll take one of the more casual tables in the bar area which is directly to the right as you walk in. Tons of more casual tables with comfy chairs and the same menu as the main dining room. Not a big deal there if the baby is making some noise, and right next to the door so you can walk out for a few minutes with the baby very easily.

I'd also suggest Wine Country Trattoria. My family really likes it there, both for the food and the ambience. If you ask for an outside table (which most are), you are part of the ambient noise of DCA anyway, so it's a nice restaurant where it is no big deal if the baby makes some noise. Plus, if the baby is awake, there is lots to see with people watching on the walking path right next to the restaurant and views of some attractions and pretty flashing lights which babies love.
    "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here, and welcome to Muppet Vision 3D."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. These are all great suggestions. Plus there is hope for Blue Bayou!

Post Thanks / Like

Thunder Ranch BBQ would be a good option because it's outdoors there's tons of room to move around if the baby gets fussy. I love the atmosphere there!
    1986 & 1990 - off-site
    1988 - Dixie Landings
    1995 - Euro Disney - Hotel New York
    2001 - CBR
    2008 - POP
    March & May 2016 - POP
    July 2016 - CSR
    Sept 2016 - CSR
    Nov 2016 - POFQ & WL
    March 2017 - POR
    May 2017 - POR
    Upcoming trip: Nov 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeOfTheJungle View Post
    Thunder Ranch BBQ would be a good option because it's outdoors there's tons of room to move around if the baby gets fussy. I love the atmosphere there!
    This place is closing forever in early January to make room for Star Wars Land.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    This place is closing forever in early January to make room for Star Wars Land.
    True, but the OP didn't say when they were going to Disneyland. If they are going before it closes, they could go.
    1986 & 1990 - off-site
    1988 - Dixie Landings
    1995 - Euro Disney - Hotel New York
    2001 - CBR
    2008 - POP
    March & May 2016 - POP
    July 2016 - CSR
    Sept 2016 - CSR
    Nov 2016 - POFQ & WL
    March 2017 - POR
    May 2017 - POR
    Upcoming trip: Nov 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeOfTheJungle View Post
    True, but the OP didn't say when they were going to Disneyland. If they are going before it closes, they could go.
    They are going in April. She posted that on another thread.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm kind've sad that we won't see it before it closes. My family is sooooo excited about Star Wars though that I guess it balances out.

Post Thanks / Like

It feels really weird to be going to Disneyland without our first night dinner being at Rain Forest Cafe. It has become a tradition for me, but I've been going with the adults as noted. Do you think the noise is too much for an infant or will all the sights and sounds keep her distracted?

Post Thanks / Like

Scratch that last post. I looked over the menu at the Uva Bar. It looks perfect!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Scratch that last post. I looked over the menu at the Uva Bar. It looks perfect!
    It's really good!
    Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: