One of our favorite places to go since moving to PA 6 years ago is Longwood Gardens. This year their Christmas display is incredible. If you live anywhere close to Phiily or plan a visit this December, be sure to add a visit to Longwood to your list.

The theme is waterfalls and a color scheme of blue,green, gold, silver. Of course lots of red and white with all the holiday blooms. The indoor fountains are really fun with a lot of movement and creative designs. My favorite are a trio of volcanic stone from Washiington state - they drilled holes in the long columns and water trickles over the top. I want those in my backyard!

The music room has beautiful furniture they brought out from the Duponts personnel collection and every piece is so pretty. The trees in the music room are decorated with glass balls and inside is a water lily bloom harvested from the summer lily ponds at Longwood. They picked the blossoms when they opened, preserved them and they look like they just opened. Also a small garden area not normally seen is now seen through a large window and doors. Very nice seating area that was hidden by normally drawn curtains.

The room with cactus has a very pretty fountain/plant display that is overflowing with colorful plants.

It is refreshing to see other colors used in the displays. Just a red/white theme gets a little boring room after room.

The outside grounds have lots of holiday lights and we were very lucky to have a warm night to explore.

Don't miss this beautiful display at Longwood this holiday season. We also enjoy the cafe.