Quantcast Split Stay with Cheer Group

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Split Stay with Cheer Group

Good Morning!

So, my DD's cheer team received a PAID bid to compete at the Varsity All Star Summit that will be taking place 4/29-5/2 this year! Very excited for her and her team! They've worked so hard for this! Anywho, my family (my DH, DS and my parents) decided to make this a week trip around this competition! WooHoo! So, our plan is to be down there from 4/28-5/5. For part of that trip (4/29-5/2), my DD and I will be staying with her teammates at the Caribbean Beach Resort. My DH, DS and parents will be staying on points at Saratoga Springs for the entire trip. My question is this - can the magic band I get open both my room at SS and CBR? If not, will I just get a key card for the CBR room? How should I book my FP? I have booked the CBR through the cheer company who is putting it all on.

Hopefully there is someone on here who's been and can fill me in on the details of it all! Our gym is fairly new and no one knows a lot about it!

Thanks!
    ~Sonya~
    WDW Trips:
    01 - Contemporary
    02 - Disney Cruise
    09 - OKW
    11 - AKL-Kidani
    12 - AKL-Kidani
    12 Christmas - Boardwalk Villas
    13 Halloween - Contemporary
    14 - Bay Lake Tower
    15 - Vero Beach & AKL-Kidani Village
    16 - CBR & Saratoga Springs
    17 - Saratoga Springs
    18 - Bay Lake Tower

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could help with your questions but I wanted to just congratulate the girls on their achievement - awesome for a relatively new gym.

4. Thanks sonamae80 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have done the UCA Thanksgiving All American Tour through Varsity so I might can help a little or at least give you a few things to check or watch.

First, they tend to do the reservation in the Child's name since they are the participant. This results in the reservation being in a minor's name rather than an adult which used to not be a problem but now with the new Magic Band system, FP+, etc. it results in issues. We couldn't get online check in to work and charging privileges and to make a couple of visits with guest services that took a fair amount of time and then still had to call tech support to get it fixed.

The next problem was we didn't get our reservation details and ticket numbers to link to MDE until right at the 30 day mark and it was a day or two before we got them linked up and made FP+ reservations. Soarin and 7DMT was gone at that point and we never were able to get them. Popular times were also scarce. This was very irritating. Anyway, once you get your tickets (they will probably email you images of them) you can scan them with the MDE app on your phone, get them linked up and then do FP+. If you are wanting to do FP+ for the same rides and times for your entire party, you will have to link your accounts and then select everybody you want FP+ times for and you can't do this for anybody until everyone has their tickets linked.

As for the Magic Band opening both rooms, technically it should be able to be set to work both rooms but whether or not they have built in that ability I do not know. They may not be able to do this because the two rooms will be on two different reservations and I have a feeling they do not have the ability built into their system to link your magic bands to two different reservations at the same time. As messed up as everything else has been, this seems like a long shot but you might want to call guest services and ask. If they can't link both to your magic band, you will probably get a key card but they also have the RFID chip and work the same as the Magic Band. Another option would be if you have a Magic Band from a previous trip, you could link it to the other reservation and use it to open that door.

You might try searching on Facebook if you use it for a page dedicated to the event you are attending. There is one for the Thanksgiving tour we attended and I was able to find some tidbits of info there that helped with planning. We never posted on the page asking any questions but you could probably do that and someone that has been before might chime in and help.

6. Thanks sonamae80 thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: