Quantcast Yacht Club Food\Refurbishment

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yacht Club Food\Refurbishment

Hello!

We just booked a room at Yacht Club for June. Wife was wondering if it had gone through a refurbishment here recently. Anyone know?

Also, we have a 10 year old son who is a very picky eater. We've stayed at many of the other resorts, but never the Yacht Club.

I've looked, but I'm not finding any place where they serve food like the food courts at the moderate or value resorts or the Roaring Fork at WL. He'll eat Mickey Waffles, PB&J and chicken nuggets. That's about it.

Are there any quick service places at either the Yacht Club or Boat Club that have this for us?

Thanks in advance!
    '96 Hilton Head
    '98 Caribbean Beach
    '99 Hilton Head
    '01 Port Orleans French Quarters
    '03 Animal Kingdom
    '04 Pop Century
    '04 Hilton Head
    '06 Pop Century
    '08 All Star Music
    '10 Pop Century
    '12 Hilton Head
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Art of Animation
    '14 Pop Century
    '15 Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Beach Club just went through a refurbishment but I think the Yacht's Club last one was in 2009. I have stayed there quite a bit and it is usually very well kept up.

I have a picky eater with similar tastes as yours and although we love the resort eating there can be challenge.

The Beach Club Marketplace is the official quick s. Its a bit weird because it is inside the store in the Beach Club. I find their menu lacking compared to other quick serves. There are no waffles or pancakes there. The lunch/dinner menu is mainly sandwiches/ flat bread pizza. They do sometimes have the Smuckers PBJ available

The next choice is Hurricane Hanna's at the pool. They have mainly burgers but they do have chicken nuggets.

Beach & Cream is a sit down burger/ice cream shop. Last time I was there , they did not have chicken nuggets.

Over at Boardwalk , there is a pizza window and the Boardwalk bakery but the bakery also tends to have sandwiches

For Mickey waffles, we general either do the character meal at Cape May or end up getting room service.

Depending on the type of passes you have another option is walking into Epcot to eat.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Yacht Club is supposed to get its room refurbishment soon. Not sure on the timeline though.

My kids are super picky! Captains Grill is our go-to for breakfast when we stay at Beach Club. They have a great buffet that is VERY well priced and it has mickey waffles.

Hurricane Hannah's is a great spot as well. We use it often. In addition at the Boardwalk there is a quick serve location outside that has chicken nuggets as well.

It's easy to walk into Epcot or to the Dolphin resort, both of which have extensive food options.

You can also do room service.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the info. Really helpful.

Yeah, the whole eating situation is making the Yacht Club undesirable unfortunately. Because everything else about it looks wonderful. We're really on the fence.

We may end up at the AKL although my wife and I have stayed there before, my son has not. But really wanted to stay someplace new. Oh well. If this is the toughest decision we have to make in our lives right now, I feel really fortunate.

Thanks again.
    '96 Hilton Head
    '98 Caribbean Beach
    '99 Hilton Head
    '01 Port Orleans French Quarters
    '03 Animal Kingdom
    '04 Pop Century
    '04 Hilton Head
    '06 Pop Century
    '08 All Star Music
    '10 Pop Century
    '12 Hilton Head
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Art of Animation
    '14 Pop Century
    '15 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

There are no sit down counter services at either the BC or YC...the pool bar has food and minimum outside tables, and the quick service at the beach club has tables in an atrium. It you looking for similar counter service options like the value or moderates, or even at AKL you won't find it at this resort.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a problem eating at eh yacht club galley for breakfast, you can also pick up a fast muffin, bagel and juice in the lobby of the yacht club and take it outside to eat. I am going in april for my 4yo son's first visit, I've been many times, and he is also picky and a nugget fan.. I was more worried that the restaurants in the parks now have that new kids menu, where the chicken is grilled and you get rice and stuff.. I know it's healthier but its vacation!! I don't want to be stressed over food, so I had to look into the menus at various restaurants where I would usually dine and see if the kids menu was different. Check that out too I suggest to avoid problems, for example, I usually love to do dinners in epcot at the various countries, well, the only one that still offers nuggets and the like is Chefs of france. Other places like canada and england only offer the new kids menu items, so check into that too. I'm lucky that he will eat pasta with butter, grilled cheese and hot dogs too so I can go a little past the nuggets, but it's a concern thats new to me in my vacation planning.
    I love the AKL, the only thing that bothers me is the transportation, I can't imagine why you even have to bus to the AK.. I like the convenience of BC/YC to DHS and Epcot. Have a great trip!
    Howard Johnsons 1982,Guest Quarters 1989,Guest Quarters 1990,YC 1995,BC 1997, BC 1999, BC 2002, BC 2005 May, Sept., BC 2006 Oct, BC 2007 May, BWI 2008 May, YC 2009 April, YC 2010 December Honeymoon, YC 2016 April, BCV 2017 January, BC 2018 May, BC CL 2019 March

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: