Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
True, but my point was that we are all used to prices for entertainment and lodging to be higher when demand is higher (whether its the time of day or the time of year). I'm not happy about it either; as a consumer, I wish movie tickets and hotel prices were the same all the time. But it is not realistic to expect that. I like college football, and on home game weekends, All the hotels in my college town charge three times their normal rates with a three-night minimum and every room in town is booked a year in advance. I don't like it, so I don't stay overnight, but they sell out every room available for miles around. So a lot of other people obviously think it's worth the money.

Disney is in the same position. They have found themselves (or gotten there in purpose, i should say) in the enviable position of being able to sell as much as they have of something (entertainment) at prices that many find too much to bear. Yet others willingly take those disappointed buyers' places. Until that changes, expect more price increases. Disney didn't invent this concept. It's basic economics. And they are taking advantage of it. As a result, we'll be voting with our wallets, and going to WDW less often. I'm sure some other family will take our place.
Exactly. I guess I understand some frustration and knee jerk reactions, but quite frankly Disney should raise prices more. It's supply and demand. Yes, they have raised prices at a MUCH higher rate than inflation. They also continue to have MUCH higher attendance than in the past. The prices are well in line with what the market will bear.