Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
Lets see here.......... WDW...... one of the "premier" theme parks in America, if not the world. Magic Kingdom $110.00 per day. Others... $102.

Oh... looking at last year's 1 day prices for skiing for a single day at some of the better resorts in America Vail - $160 Aspen $129 Breckenridge $145 Deer Valley $120 Park City $ 115.

Play golf? .... Pebble Beach $495 Spanish Bay $270

Disney is not so "out of line" for a one day, same day, kind of purchase. And like the ski areas and golf resorts, buy multi-day passes ...and lodging packages... the price goes down. For the same reasons... incentives to stay longer and spend more (overall).

Not saying it is not expensive entertainment. Just saying..... they are a for profit business in the entertainment field. The whole "pixie dust in one's eyes" argument that pops up sometimes when people say that they like Disney, well.... that stuff works both ways; believing that Disney should have low-ish prices because they are ... well... DISNEY for crying out loud...... this also is a "pixie dust" viewpoint.

It is a for profit business... in pricing line with other venues. Not off in la-la land.

YES... the pricing will be pricing some folks out of the market. That is a function of other forces in the US/world as paychecks are impacted relative to the costs of things. Political stuff that we can't get into here. Sad.... yeah.

best,

...............john

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
The bottom line is, vacations are a luxury expense. If it is really important to you, you find a way to fit it in the budget. I expect Disney to raise prices every year. Just means a few less dinners out over the course of a year for us to make up the difference.
Natalie is right, being able to go away on vacation is a luxury, not a right. No vacation destination, including Disney, has any sort of obligation to keep prices at the same level. When I was young, my parents were just starting in their careers or finishing their degree (in the case of my Dad), so money was tight and being able to go to WDW for the day was a treat and we lived 90 minutes away! There were things that were of a higher priority to them, like sending me to Catholic school and investing for my college education. A few years after my sister was born (we are 9 years apart) we moved to Philadelphia with both my parents obtaining much better paying jobs, so there was extra disposable income for week long vacations, but I try to always remember that earlier time so I don't forget that vacations aren't an automatic thing.