Quantcast Is this Possible?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this Possible?

Non-Stop flight is scheduled to land at MCO at 12:20. We are renting a car so we will need to get luggage from baggage claim. We then have a scooter and stroller to pickup at our resort. We wouldn't stay longer than necessary for pickup. Is there any chance we could make a 2:40 reservation for lunch at Hollywood Studios?

Thanks for your help?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you planning on checking in? Checking in online? Which resort?

My gut says not to even think about chancing it. But technically it should be possible but only if you do not have ny delays & if you do online check in and do not actually stop in the room.

I would definitely keep looking for a later ADR. Perseverance with ADRs usually pays off.

Post Thanks / Like

No, we won't check-in, just swing by and pick up the rental stroller and scooter. If we didn't need those, i'd say we would just go straight to the park. Resort is Art of Animation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kreed0504 View Post
    No, we won't check-in, just swing by and pick up the rental stroller and scooter. If we didn't need those, i'd say we would just go straight to the park. Resort is Art of Animation.
    In that case - if all is running properly you should make it but it will be tight. Does the rental car agency have a pre-checkin so you can void the rental desk - that would help.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say possible, but not likely. I travel for a living and inevitably if I'm in a hurry then nothing goes well and it ends up with unnecessary frustration and that can lead to unintentional bad choices like dangerous driving, or just simply snapping at a random person trying to help me, or just grumpy kids or wife.. which is not cool.

It will take stars aligning... but it could happen. That said we've been late for reservations a number of times and as long as it's not an unreasonable amount late they usually are really good about getting us seated anyway A couple trips ago we had multiple problems getting to the park (totally our fault) and we were over an hour late for Breakfast at Crystal Palace. They couldn't get us seated right away, but did offer to put us down for 45 minutes later for lunch seating.

Best to just take a chill and not rush. So you may end up 10 - 20 minutes+ late. That is way better than a speeding ticket delay or much worse. You don't want to start your vacation our on a bad note.
    "No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go for a later time - why stress yourself about arriving for a dining reservation on your arrival day?!! I think the timing would be very tight. Everything would have to work quite well in order to do it. On our last trip to Disney, we used Magical Express and our trip took much longer than expected as we encountered construction just outside the airport which probably delayed us by 15-20 minutes. It would only take one such hiccup in your plans to make it impossible to meet your dining reservation time.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Most flights I am on arrive early. But I think the issue will be at the rental car desk. MCO is a busy airport and a lot of people are renting cars. I have waited almost an hour before to pick up a car I had already reserved at MCO. I wouldn't risk it. I would give yourself 3 hours to be safe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, that's a tough one. Why not have lunch at the airport and then make an early dinner ADR instead. That way you can take your time and check in before heading to the parks. Seeing as how you need a stroller AND a scooter, I imagine your traveling party won't be running through the terminal to try and move quickly.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Ooh, that's a tough one. Why not have lunch at the airport and then make an early dinner ADR instead. That way you can take your time and check in before heading to the parks. Seeing as how you need a stroller AND a scooter, I imagine your traveling party won't be running through the terminal to try and move quickly.
    Haha! I definitely see your point. Here's my dilemma... we are only doing HS that one day and I wanted to get my girls into Hollywood and Vine for the Disney Jr lunch. I think the last lunch reservation is 2:55.

If we don't do the lunch, will there be ample opportunity to meet the characters inside the park somewhere? We are also staying at AoA. I thought I read somewhere that the Disney Jr. gang appear at a pool party.

Thanks to everyone for the replies and suggestions. I was able to do an online check in for the rental car but i'll still have to pick up the keys from the desk.

Post Thanks / Like

The Disney Junior gang only appears at the restaurant unless something has changed. If that 8s the point I would keep trying for a layer ADR or just do your best. There is no way to maybe switch your park days around to accomodate a breakfast or lunch a different day? Sometime calling the restaurant can help. Good luck & post your outcome. I know those Disney Junior characters are super popular.

Post Thanks / Like

Jake and Sophia the First have character meet and greets at DHS at the Animation Courtyard. I have never heard of a character pool party.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, your plan is very, very tight, with a couple unknowns that could delay you - the flight could be delayed, (as mentioned) the car rental could be slow, there might be traffic from the airport, and remember even getting into the parks these days takes longer with bag checks and random searches.

But there are a couple things you might be able to look in to. For example, can you check-in online with your car rental company, which might allow you to head right to the garage to grab a car without waiting in line?

And this is one others will need to help me answer, because we don't ever use Magical Express. But can a person tag their luggage to be delivered by Magical Express, but not physically take the ME bus - but take a rental car instead? I don't know if that's allowed. But if it would be, you wouldn't have to worry about the luggage - you could grab the car and head to the resort for the scooter. The luggage would be delivered.

All that being said, I'm in agreement with others - it's going to be very tight! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

According the resort activity schedule, there is a Disney Jr pool party that day at 2:30. I think i'll cancel the reservation and take advantage of the pool party, then head over to HS afterwards. Thanks so much to everyone for their suggestions. I appreciate it all!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    Yes, your plan is very, very tight, with a couple unknowns that could delay you - the flight could be delayed, (as mentioned) the car rental could be slow, there might be traffic from the airport, and remember even getting into the parks these days takes longer with bag checks and random searches.

But there are a couple things you might be able to look in to. For example, can you check-in online with your car rental company, which might allow you to head right to the garage to grab a car without waiting in line?

And this is one others will need to help me answer, because we don't ever use Magical Express. But can a person tag their luggage to be delivered by Magical Express, but not physically take the ME bus - but take a rental car instead? I don't know if that's allowed. But if it would be, you wouldn't have to worry about the luggage - you could grab the car and head to the resort for the scooter. The luggage would be delivered.

All that being said, I'm in agreement with others - it's going to be very tight! Good luck!
    I asked about this and they said no Told me that luggage and people had to go together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kreed0504 View Post
    According the resort activity schedule, there is a Disney Jr pool party that day at 2:30. I think i'll cancel the reservation and take advantage of the pool party, then head over to HS afterwards. Thanks so much to everyone for their suggestions. I appreciate it all!
    Don't expect characters at that pool party.
    Natalie

17. Thanks Kreed0504 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    And this is one others will need to help me answer, because we don't ever use Magical Express. But can a person tag their luggage to be delivered by Magical Express, but not physically take the ME bus - but take a rental car instead? I don't know if that's allowed. But if it would be, you wouldn't have to worry about the luggage - you could grab the car and head to the resort for the scooter. The luggage would be delivered.!
    Magical Express does not allow luggage delivery only. Those using the luggage delivery service must travel on the bus to the resort.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: