Quantcast Question about Disneyworld with side trip to Universal

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about Disneyworld with side trip to Universal

We will be at Disneyworld in November. While there we are going to do one day at Universal and will be at Disneyworld the rest of the time. We will be purchasing a 1 day park to park Universal ticket with ground transfer. Our question is.....what time should we arrange for our ground transportation to and from Universal. We have no idea how to schedule this because this is our first time going to Universal. We are mostly interested in the Harry Potter areas.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is exactly what we are doing too! Most of our time at Disney, but a trip over to Universal, mainly to see the Harry Potter stuff.

Early would be my answer - maybe 75 - 90 minutes before the park opens for the day? I'm thinking it is about 30 minutes to universal (depending on traffic) and then you'd have time to get sorted and be right at the gate for opening. The Harry Potter areas will already be somewhat busy though, since the on-site people have extra access hours (like at Disney), but like with anything, earlier and later are better than the middle of the day for crowds.

Enjoy! I know I'm really looking forward to it too!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

4. Thanks Genie1953 thanked for this post
    Likes Genie1953 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently on the tram into Hollywood studios right now and did the same thing yesterday spent all day at Universal

First thing is MAKE SURE YOU GET EXPRESS PASS. There's simply no other way to do universal, it's so hot and lines can be 50 min waits. Nothing better than an express pass

Harry Potter world is awesome you will enjoy. Make sure if your going to do water ride me you go at the end of the day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by burrsace View Post
    I'm currently on the tram into Hollywood studios right now and did the same thing yesterday spent all day at Universal

First thing is MAKE SURE YOU GET EXPRESS PASS. There's simply no other way to do universal, it's so hot and lines can be 50 min waits. Nothing better than an express pass

Harry Potter world is awesome you will enjoy. Make sure if your going to do water ride me you go at the end of the day
    Thanks! Will we still need the Express pass if we are just doing Harry Potter attractions? The only other one we are interested in is the Jurassic Park attraction. What time did you request pickup for going to Universal and when did you leave to return to Disneyworld? From what I understand I have to request a specific pickup time for going to and also for returning back to Disneyworld.
    1958 DL-Off property
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genie1953 View Post
    Thanks! Will we still need the Express pass if we are just doing Harry Potter attractions? The only other one we are interested in is the Jurassic Park attraction. What time did you request pickup for going to Universal and when did you leave to return to Disneyworld? From what I understand I have to request a specific pickup time for going to and also for returning back to Disneyworld.
    Unfortunately for both Harry Potter rides there is NO express pass, but, if you want to go quickly the best solution is to go as a single rider at Islands

And if you want to kind of skip the line at Gringots escape in universal tell any of the workers at the ride that "I don't like the lifts and want to skip it" they will walk you thru back doors and you'll skip up to the immediate line. In this ride they have an elevator illusion similar to Haunted Mansion at MK so you can skip it and go right thru

Jurassic Park has express but I don't think it will be worth the extra money of an express if you're only interested in Harry Potter and Jurassic Park

I would definitely recommend you try and go on the Mummy and Minions if you can

Can't really help with the pick up questions, I drive to both parks myself since with my AP I have free parking and I like kind of being in control of when I can leave in and out

Post Thanks / Like

Also at the time you go King Kong will have just been open a few months and it's next to Jurrasic so I would recommend that as well!

Hope you have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

If it's really true that you need to schedule way in advance what time you want to go and when you want to be picked up - perhaps consider scheduling the ride to Universal in the morning (I agree with the idea of being there an hour or so before opening), but just plan on catching a cab back. It'll be a few dollars, but cabs are pretty easy to get at Universal - and then you don't need to feel pressured to leave at a certain time. If you're having fun and want to do more than HP and JP, then stay all day! You certainly don't get there very often! And if you find that's all you want to do and you're done by noon, head back early.

Post Thanks / Like

We are going in 5/17 and planning to do 1 day Universal as well. I have not heard about the "Ground Transfer" mentioned. Can someone elaborate on what it is, how it works, etc? Thanks!
    Sharon
    * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * *~ ~ * * ~

Get me there soon or I might just go nuts!

1981 - Polynesian

2002- Wilderness Lodge

2005 - Port Orleans Riverside

2010 - POP Century

2017 in the works

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mamacon67 View Post
    We are going in 5/17 and planning to do 1 day Universal as well. I have not heard about the "Ground Transfer" mentioned. Can someone elaborate on what it is, how it works, etc? Thanks!
    I am not sure....but I think I remember it being something in the area of $350-$375 for two tickets for 1 day park to park including ground transfer. I am not sure we want to go with it though now that we think about it because from what we understand you have to schedule specific times for the ground transfer ahead of time. What if we get there and we get through what we want to see and then have to just kill time waiting for our scheduled ride back....or worse....what if we want to stay later than our scheduled pick up and have to leave before we are ready. I think I will check out taxi costs and may go that route instead.
    1958 DL-Off property
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: