Quantcast PreBaby Family Vacation April 2016 Day 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default PreBaby Family Vacation April 2016 Day 7

April 15th

Friday morning we slept in a bit and let DS wake up on his own. We packed a little and then got to Magic Kingdom at about 10:30. We took a spin on Buzz where "we got all the bad guys" according to DS. He asked to ride AStro Orbiter again, but the line was posted at 40 minutes, so we went and got muffins for a late breakfast at Galactic Goodies. We were off on the rockets after, where DS was excited to go "up and up and UP" again. Then DS and Daddy went for another spin in the cars. DS wanted to ride the Magic Carpets so we did that and then took the Ferry (DS had asked to ride the boat) to the Transportation and Ticket Center and then the monorail to Epcot for lunch.

We had planned on doing the Outdoor Kitchens for a late lunch, letting DS play on the Cactus Rally Graden playground becaue we hadn't gotten to see him on it, finding Nemo and then heading back to Magic Kingdom, but it kept looking like it might rain, so we were indecisive. We ended up in the butterfly garden at DS’s request and then decided to chance the rain showers and made our way around the world showcase snacking. We found Nemo, but by then it was getting pretty late and starting to rain a bit, so we decided to pass on the playground head back to Magic Kingdom. We wanted to get Tinkerbell's signature for DS’s book, so we went to visit her again and had another really awesome interaction with her. DSleft with a kiss print on his forehead. :-)

We rode the carousel and it began dripping rain. We were off to Dumbo after that. Unfortunately because it was raining, the play area was blocked off (to keep it from getting wet). That sparked a tiny meltdown on DS’s part (given all the excitement and late nights, the fact that this was pretty much our only actual meltdown of the trip is pretty amazing)...and guilty feelings on mine since we had held off on Dumbo until the evening...but he got LOTS of Dumbo time on Monday and spent a lot of time in the play area...just sad to wrap up the trip that way. He did enjoy his ride on Dumbo, and got over it pretty quickly. When we got off he asked to go on the Barnstormer again. This time he got off saying he had "SO much fun". He asked to ride the cars again, so we made our way to Tomorrowland. I used my phone to make a fastpass for the cars 20 minutes later, we rode Buzz in the interim and then the boys went for another drive. DS asked to stay for the fireworks, so we watched them again, this time from Tomorrowland for most of it, and then from near the Plaza restaurant for the rest.

As we walked out towards the buses, Henry was falling asleep on Joe's shoulder, saying "Good night castle. Goodnight big tree (AK). Goodnight Epcot ball." It was adorable. We were in line for teh bus by 1020. DS slept the whole way and slept through the night while DH and I packed up, since we needed to be dropping of our luggage early in the morning and at our Magical Express bus by 6:20.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

2. Thanks Mackflava99 thanked for this post
    Likes honeybear liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Your son is definitely, and officially, a Disney fan!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

5. Likes burrsace liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He most definitely is. We've been back for a month now, and yesterday he found a toy envelope in his toy box, came and told me he'd gotten a letter and when I asked who his letter was from, he told me "Disney World!" The other night as we were putting him down for bed, he looked up at me and said "I miss Harambe." And I figured he didn't really know what he was saying...and said "Oh, you do?" and he said "Yes. I miss Harambe. I like the drummers. I took a picture with the drummers."

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

7. Likes burrsace, honeybear liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How cute!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I loved reading your reports! I love how you allowed your son to direct the vacation. It makes for a lot of fun for everyone: character interactions, shows, rides....building memories.
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

10. Thanks snowflakegirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reports, it seems your little guy was a trooper to me.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Very good report. Glad you had a nice trip. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

I so loved reading through all your reports today! How fun to really let your son call the shots) esp bf he's about to become a big brother. Congrats on the last minute Spring Break trip and going with the flow. I'm such a control freak but I did a last minute trip over the holidays and it was really fun not to be quite so planned out and structured. I ended up doing/seeing a lot of things I had never done before.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Terrific last day post... "Goodbye Castle"
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: