Discouraged & heartbroken. After a visit with the hematologist and his latest CBC, the Doctor is pretty certain that he is not responding favorable to the chemo :/ He said that usually if it's going to work, you will see a small rise in the platelets during the first 4 weeks.
Unfortunately David's platelets were 50K during his last round, and have steadily fallen over the last 4 weeks. Now they are at 24K, near critical-low level He hasn't had one rise since his chemo completion. Though the doctor did say that it can take up to 12 weeks, however statistically the odds are not in his favor.
We can either do another round of chemo, or go onto a different treatment. But of course the "higher" you go, the more severe and often lasting side effects there are.
We don't really want him to go through chemo again. So the hematologist said that we can treat with IVIG as needed.
The hard part is that basically he still can't do the "full fledged" kiddo thing.
Who knew over a year ago that this would still be going on.
This is all so draining on him, on me, on the family. Combined it with his ASD, SPD, and anxiety and.....I don't know. I'm just weary.