With the increase in the cost of the Memory Maker option (PhotoPass) I am thinking of upgrading my tickets to a full Annual Pass (Disney Platinum Pass)...Although I only have a 7-day hopper currently, I am not sure if I could, or would, make another trip in a calendar year.

Does it make sense to upgrade tickets on the off chance that I WOULD make another trip before the end of the pass year? I am going in November (right after Thanksgiving) and could see myself going back in late-September or October of next year if Toy Story Land (or whatever the name will be) is fully operational by then.

I purchased a discounted 7-day hopper right before that prices went up this year, so know that I would have to enter a park before upgrading to make sure I got the current value for the MYW ticket toward the upgrade. It would be a $286 (plus taxes) upgrade cost, but if I added the Memory Maker option before I went down, that would only be a $125 difference. (Surprisingly, the difference between the annual pass and a 10-day MYW with Hopper and Memory Maker would be $95)

I'm really torn about this...Some of the AP discounts and offers make this seem like a 'no brainer,' but I know that could change at any time.

Just looking for some feedback....

Thanks!!!