Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bird Street View Post
Eh, I think people are conveniently nostalgic when it's consistent with their preconceptions of "good" nostalgia, and then cling hard to Disney's notion of "it's never finished" when changes are the same "good" kind of progress. There were already tonal changes to the ride: who's getting chased by what, for example. Substantive changes, too: isn't a movie character based on a ride being in the ride the very definition of a snake eating its own tail?

It's a change that doesn't necessarily alter the theme of the ride: the pirates are there, and they're behind some silly mischief, including widespread arson. Carlos will still be entreated to not be a cheeeecken. A pirate will still be so drunk, he sleeps in pig spoor. Dead men will continue to not tell tales. The sky didn't fall when Captain Jack turned the ride into a companion piece to Pirates of the Caribbean 9: A Long Wait At Lenscrafters Me Hearties. This is making Space Mountain out of Space Molehill.
Actually, I disagree with this statement. I did not like the changes they have done so far, such as making the women chase the men and adding Johnny Depp. I liked the ride the way it was. That is why I rode it.
I think the "mist screen" in the ride is a pretty awesome idea, but I would have been much happier if they left it out of Pirates and used it in another ride. I like mermaids, but I don't think adding them due to them being in one of the movies is a good thing.
It doesn't have anything to do with my perception of what is morally "good" and what isn't.