I have adult-onset asthma, diagnosed about 30 years ago now so not new to me. For the first ten years, I was not very well controlled and reached for my rescue inhaler many times a day. More recent medications work much better at controlling my symptoms, though, and it really doesn't bother me much at all. I rarely use the rescue inhaler.

The downside of my main control medication (I'm on two, the main one is a corticosteroid, inhaled, and the other is a pill) is rapid heart rate and frequent urination. The heat and humidity of July doesn't really bother me in FL any more than it does anywhere else. It does bother my non-asthmatic husband. I just know where all of the bathrooms are now. Once you get used to your meds and how they affect you, you will have an easier time of it, I think. It becomes more second nature and you learn to avoid triggers, like overeating or exposure to irritants/allergens.

Our plan for the heat/humidity works well for us. We take it slower and don't stress. We do one or two parks a day, not all day in one park, that way we get to repeat favorites in parks on other days and are not cramming everything into one action packed frenzy day. We make sure we stay hydrated. We'll have a light breakfast early before hitting the parks, get to parks for opening and make the most of the early hours before the sun reaches peak. We make sure to alternate hotter attractions with AC attractions when possible, and we don't do meals at any outdoor locations. We take a long afternoon break with lunch and some resort time (bigger meal at lunch, lighter meal in the evening). And then hit a different park after four or five and stay for the evening hours. Sometimes, we will sleep late instead of rushing out in the morning and just enjoy a long past four pm day at a park until close. We're a lot more spontaneous now and less rushed, not due to any health conditions but the fact that we've been a few times and don't mind missing things here and there.