CONCLUSION

If you have made it to this portion of my trip report, I thank you for sticking it out!
Here are my final thoughts on this vacation and tips for you. Overall we had a great vacation. For having never travelled to (mainland) Europe before, it was actually pretty straight-forward. Our “just go with it” attitude helped us to not get up-tight when we didn’t understand something or when something was not as I had planned it. It’s all part of the adventure we figured! Ignore the stereotypes and know that the French, at least the ones we encountered, were friendly and helpful and spoke to us in English. I had read that Paris is a dirty city but found it no dirtier in the touristy areas than it is in Toronto where I work.

As for the Disney aspect, if you can afford it, treat yourself to a stay in Disneyland Paris Hotel. The convenience of its location to the park is unparalleled. And if you can get a free dining plan, go for it. The cost of the meals at the sit-down restaurants will boggle your mind (check out the menus on the DLRP website). There is no way we would spend that much for our family of four otherwise. For example, my meal at Chez Remy was 62 Euros ($70 USD), but times that by four family members, it’s close to $300 USD every night at dinner! Um, ya, I wouldn’t be doing that normally. But heck, with a free dining plan, you’re darn right I would!

I want to leave you now with a final DEEP THOUGHT to give you all with a little hope for this chaotic world we share. We were standing in the queue for Tower of Terror and I took a moment to look around me. Here we were, far from our home back in Canada, surrounded by people of all different skin colours, speaking all different languages, all sharing a wonderful afternoon together. When you set our differences aside, we are all so much the same; kids giggling with their parents, teens playing on their phones, couples holding hands. We have so much in common with each other, no matter where we are from. And if Walt Disney can help us remember that “it’s a small world”, then maybe there is hope for this Spaceship Earth after all.