Two year's ago I embarked on a weight loss journey. I had bariatric surgery, the Duodenal Switch. It's a sleeve and rerouting the intestine to cause malabsorption. The main reason was to get off insulin and put my T2D into remission. I have not had insulin in two years now. Off all Rx meds except potassium. My BMI was morbidly obese at the beginning and is now in the normal range. I'm winning the battle of the disease of obesity.

I started out at my highest weight of 260 to my current 130. I can shop in the junior section and sometimes the kids department. I just got tired of my body controlling my health and took back the control. It's not easy, I need to take vitamins for life. Have to limit carbs and sugar the rest of my life. For me it's a no brainer and so worth the results of better health. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

To celebrate yesterday's milestone, I did the Walk from Obesity 5K with my bariatric center. I'm also getting into public speaking which terrifies me to no end. I'm the guest speaker at this Wednesday's information session. While I'm nervous, I'm passionate about my journey. This will be my third time speaking. Yesterday I was the first to share my story at the walk. It's getting easier.

I have pictures posted on Instagram under Marciuniversal if you want to see my journey. They are mostly Disney pics with photopass.