Here's a minor case in point, somewhat relevant.

Over night my adult daughter woke up in a frenzied panic because something crawled in her ear. I know this sounds seriously insignificant, but she was having a panic attack and wouldn't let anyone touch her. At any other time we may have rushed her to an ER (again, I realize this isn't a life threatening situation), hoping that at least a medical professional could talk her down. However, I had to remind her that NOW is not the time to go to the ER unless it's life or death because you don't want to risk exposure.

My sympathies are completely split. On the one hand, I have a daughter out of a job because of this. She's extremely fortunate that she lives at home and can depend on us for now. But what about those that have no one and no where to turn?

Look, I'm an introvert. I was a fan of social distancing, long before that term was trending. In fact, this is an introvert's utopia right now. Clearly it's not a struggle for me to do my part. Not everyone was made that way, certainly our economy wasn't meant to exist in that bubble. And since this is an unparalleled situation in our current society, we're going to make mistakes and people will pay the consequences.