Quantcast The Hits Keep Coming On This Trip
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The Hits Keep Coming On This Trip

    At some point, you just have to laugh. It is what it is. Staying in Trinidad has been a blessing and a curse. We are close to the Skyliner, which is wonderful when it is not busy. Truly a great convenience. The buses, on the other hand, are atrocious for Trinidad. Yesterday, no Animal Kingdom buses from 7:12 until where left by Ūber at 8:23, missing the open. Today, after a few bus fails, I quickly order an ‹ber for Hollywood Studios. Disney cones the entrance road off until 9:00 am. We donít get in until 9:48 despite being at the bus at 7:30. Ok. Dinner ADRs at 8:15 at House Of Blues. I tell my son we need to give enough time for bus mishaps. We arrive before 7:00. Despite Magic Kingdom, closing at 8:00 four buses come between 7:00-7:30. One Disney Spring bus arrives, but can only take one group. Another stops, but canít take ANYONE because no one got off. 7:45 time to call ‹ber. He gets us down quick. I ask to be let off in the West End. Flashing sign: ďDisney Springs At Capacity.Ē He enters and they turn him around in the parking lot. I call House of Blues and tell them I will be late despite being in the parking lot and it is 8:03. I ask to be let out and we will walk. A Disney official says ďNo!Ē I explain what has happened and he lets my son and I cross the lot. We go through COVID protocols and are allowed entrance. We arrive late, but get a table. Not sure what to do tomorrow. It is our last day and we are going to the Magic Kingdom and we know the buses will be full by the time they get to Trinidad.

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh Wow! You're having quite the run of bad transportation luck! I hope tomorrow at the Magic Kingdom brings some magic.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Nightlife, Shopping & Waterparks, Collectibles


    Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Reading about all these transportation mishaps is making me glad we are staying offsite.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Reading about all these transportation mishaps is making me glad we are staying offsite.
    Donít be too sure. Do some homework to see if things have changed. They were preventing non-Disney vehicles from entering Disney Springs tonight when it got crowded. They coned of the Highway, turning guests around and back toward World Drive until 9:00 am at Hollywood Studios before allowing them to enter the parking lot. Not sure if that was a one-time thing or a new policy.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    Donít be too sure. Do some homework to see if things have changed. They were preventing non-Disney vehicles from entering Disney Springs tonight when it got crowded. They coned of the Highway, turning guests around and back toward World Drive until 9:00 am at Hollywood Studios before allowing them to enter the parking lot. Not sure if that was a one-time thing or a new policy.
    Probably a new policy. In my head though, at least if that happens we won't be stuck at Disney World. There is a lot to see and do in Orlando, and I am not as loyal to Disney as I once was. They no longer do what is best for their customer, so I no longer feel the need to stay only at Disney.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  7. Likes eam, texas211 liked this post
  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Probably a new policy. In my head though, at least if that happens we won't be stuck at Disney World. There is a lot to see and do in Orlando, and I am not as loyal to Disney as I once was. They no longer do what is best for their customer, so I no longer feel the need to stay only at Disney.
    It is amazing you say that because that is exactly my sentiment. I planned for tomorrow morning to express that to a manager. Not sure what affect it have. Still want it one the record that at the moment Disney World feels like its running a blatant money grab. Zero concern with the guestís experience.

  9. Likes Cinderelley, eam liked this post
  10. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Reading about all these transportation mishaps is making me glad we are staying offsite.
    I've never really felt that Disney Transportation was a "perk" of staying onsite. We stay onsite quite often, but just drive our own car. We get free parking at the parks for being a Disney Resort guest, you don't have to wait in the Disney Transportation lines, and you can just get from point A to point B much, much faster.

    Years ago, we took a Disney bus from Port Orleans to Epcot. After the fireworks, we went to catch the bus. An hour later, we got one. The next time, we drove our car. After the fireworks, we walked out, drove out of the park, and tucked the kids into bed not 15 minutes later. I have *never* ridden a Disney bus since. I have no desire to ride the Skyliner, either. We love the monorail, though.
    2002 - 2017: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, offsite x4)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - Dec 2020 OKW, May 2021 offsite

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I thought the bus was bad before now, much less now.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    I've never really felt that Disney Transportation was a "perk" of staying onsite. We stay onsite quite often, but just drive our own car. We get free parking at the parks for being a Disney Resort guest, you don't have to wait in the Disney Transportation lines, and you can just get from point A to point B much, much faster.

    Years ago, we took a Disney bus from Port Orleans to Epcot. After the fireworks, we went to catch the bus. An hour later, we got one. The next time, we drove our car. After the fireworks, we walked out, drove out of the park, and tucked the kids into bed not 15 minutes later. I have *never* ridden a Disney bus since. I have no desire to ride the Skyliner, either. We love the monorail, though.
    I'm not a big fan of heights, so I can pass on the Skyliner. :P
    We have had some really great times on the Disney buses though, and most of the time, I really enjoyed it. I would get excited about the prospect of getting off of the plane and getting on the Magical Express. I wasn't as big of a fan of getting on it to go home (), but it did extend the Disney magic just a little longer for us. A couple of my favorite Disney stories to tell also occurred while waiting at the bus stops to go to the park. I know it isn't for everyone, but some of us really do enjoy the buses the majority of the time.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
© Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site