Quantcast Attraction of the Week 01/20 -- Pirates of the Caribbean

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahoy, there maties! There’s rough waters ahead!! [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]

Who does not love this attraction? Whether it be the nostalgia factor or the simple enjoyment - this is a must do for my entire family. We usually take several boat rides, while on vacation. My oldest was a bit fearful of the cannons and fire on his first ride through as a wee one - but quickly got over it. Everything/one is so realistic. Disney at its best! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

One of my favorite scenes is the pirates behind bars with the rope - as the dog looks on with the key to their cell. And one cannot forget that dangling hairy leg. [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]

What is your favorite part of the attraction?

Hidden Mickey Alert: Check out the final Pirate scene. A Mickey head is formed by three gold plates.

¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

POTC is a classic Disney attraction!

There is another Hidden Mickey in the last scene, there are some lanterns hanging on the wall, and under them there is a tri-circle mickey arrangment, which can be seen and casts a shadow onto the wall!

POTC water is Icky though, in June I was riding with Rob (mktiggerman) and our boat made a big splash and the water went in Rob's mouth, the unload CM advised Rob to get a tetanus shot! So he did ! That water has many nasty bugs
    Amy AKA Fantasmic

Let your Disney magic shine!

Mystries and Magic, visions Fantasmic!

WDW in 88,89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
    DLP in 99,00,08

Post Thanks / Like

ewwwwww!!!!Amy!! Poor Rob. We like this ride, I just asked my whole family as I read this and asked there opinion: Dad-loves it! Mom(me) its ok, I like one ride per trip, Patrick-its "cheesy" (ok, he's l3 ), Andrew- I LOVE the souvenirs!, Brendan- its just ok. He loves the shop too, we can't drag them out.
    Mar.99,00,01,02-Dixie Landings Resort; Jan,2004 (9th-18th)- First DVC trip, Beach Club Villas; April,2005 7 days Boardwalk Villas and first Disney cruise on the Wonder!; June, 2006- First time on the Disney Magic, can't wait!!!!

snmthecloser Guest

I have a confession to make... I have never been on POTC, but I know that when I go it is going to be on the top of my list. On a rate of 1-10 what would you give it. I would give it a 9.5 [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Like Carol said, who doesn't love this ride? What I love about this ride is, even though it's pretty long, it NEVER takes your attention away from the pirates and their scenes. You forget about everything when on this ride.

What a classic.... [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Casey (aka DisneyWizard, Wizzy)

Post Thanks / Like

This is DH's favorite ride in all of DW!! (I must admit, it's one of my favorites as well). It's a must for every vacation.

I think my favorite part is the beginning, before you head into the town areas. I like the ride past the beach where the skeletons lie, the ghost ship with the skeleton at the wheel, the warnings you get before you slide down, and the battle between the pirate ship and the fort while cannon balls are "landing" all around you!

There is always something to see. This is a classic ride that never gets old.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I too have never been on this ride. I have added it to my list of things to do. I hope i don't run out of space on my palm pilot to hold all the stuff i need to do.
    [*]2011 Wilderness Camp Ground Apr 17-21
    [*]2009 Pop
    [*]2007 - 2010 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2005 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2002 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2001 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2000 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1998 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1989 Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by snmthecloser:
    I have a confession to make... I have never been on POTC, but I know that when I go it is going to be on the top of my list. On a rate of 1-10 what would you give it. I would give it a 9.5 [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

How can you rank it if you've never been on it.

This is one of my family's favorites as well. Right from the beginning, in the queue, you get interested. I think it has the best queue in the park! I love the little splash, and the pirates are amazing!
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely love this ride and is a must do several times. Although, this past summer it seemed to be a bad omen for us. We were with a friend who needed to rent a wheelchair because of a work related injury. The 1st time we went on they got behind trying to park. Their DD did not stop to help unload and proceeded with us. My friend and her DH got into a disagreement about this and didn't ride. They were going to leave after that, but with some persuading from moi, they stayed and got over it. Thought we'd try it again. Everything went fine, till we got off. We went to get the wheelchair and it wasn't there. I asked CM and he said that there was an emergency right outside and they asked to borrow one of PoTC's. They took the wrong one. The CM called over to the trading post and they said they had a replacement. Did I mention that it had started to POUR BUCKETS while we were on the ride. Her DH and I went to pick it up. He couldn't be trusted to get there and back, but that's another story. We get ther and they say no we don't have any. They say they'll go get one from the front since we were told they did. Some 1 1/2 hr later they bring it. She was now boiling. I still love it though.

Fav. parts are
    1. woman chasing pirate with broom
    2. dog holding keys
    3 pirate with hairy leg dangling over bridge
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Some of you forgot to keep your bloody hands in the boat. Those playing with the water should have been admonished or ejected from the park. Being an employee of WDW does not entitle one to ignore the rules.

the talking skull before the falls is one of my favorite parts.
    <BR>

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Carol, the hairy leg of the pirate sitting on the bridge. Each time I have been that foot gets a bit more dirty looking. Always good for a real laugh.

Miss the cannon ball explosions this last time however, maybe they stopped the water air connon shots because the water is so nasty.
    From deep in the woods of Charlton, MA

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of my favorites! I had to get the 100 Yrs. Official Album when I ordered the Magic in the Streets CD so I could have the music from POTC.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

What blew me away when I first experienced this ride (way back in 1972) was JUST GETTING INTO THE RIDE was as fascinating as the ride itself. I was (and still am) fascinated with the fact that Disney (the Imagineers) were so attentive to detail and to the story from the minute you walk into the Plaza, under the huge patio area (and many of us remember when the lines at MK were so long, you actually had to wait in this area before ever getting thru the turnstyles!!!) and then into the passageways - seeming down into the dungeons of this Spanish Castillo. Amazing! Just WALKING IN was worth the price of the ticket. Yes, I remember handing the "E" ticket to the CM on the way in. In later years, we bought "Keys to the Kingdom" type tickets that you wore around your neck (anyone remember these) that allowed you onto all the rides. The Tickets were still in effect at this time. But that is really another subject...I just remember needing a ticket to get into Pirates. There is not a nook or cranny that I have not scrutinized - and I love every inch of this ride! It is great to think that it was one of the last rides that Walt had a hand in, too.

One more word....HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU GO TO THE MK AND NOT RIDE PIRATES? Someone please answer this question for me!
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PeterPan:
    One more word....HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU GO TO THE MK AND NOT RIDE PIRATES? Someone please answer this question for me!<hr></blockquote>

It could be closed for rehab.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree...this is a "don't miss ride". There is so much to see and take in on this ride that you have to ride it over and over again to take in all the scenes. I like the cannonballs hitting the water. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    "Behold, the Great Millenium Walk..." TTFN - Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I love this ride! I agree 100% saying that it is definatly a disney classic. How can you not like this ride? As for the water, thanks for the warning

[img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

As many have mentioned before, it is the little details that make this ride special. For example, the wall opposite the loading area (showing a restless sea with other ships off in the distance), really helps set the mood. When you see the "skeleton pirate" at the wheel, there is always that cold blast of air that suddenly hits you. And all the pirates and wenches (for loss of a better word) take on personalities of their own. When one or more of them are missing for rehab, people do notice (remember when the broom woman and pirate were missing a while back--I know we had a couple of threads where people commented on it!)

This ride is a great adventure for all ages!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

A classic, must-see (geez, we all sound like movie critics....) attraction while at WDW. It ranks up there in my top 5 for all WDW parks. I too love the shop - my favorite shot glass is a POTC shot glass with the infamous skull & crossbones on it...
    Matt

-Married: Awesome Wife and 2 Great Boys; Civil Engineer; University of Michigan Alumnus/Fan
    -Walt Disney World fanatic since 1971!
    -DVC (OKW) Member since 1996
    -Next Vacation: ????

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

POTC is my absolute favorite ride! I ride it at least twice a trip.

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PolyGirl40:
    [i]One of my favorite scenes is the pirates behind bars with the rope - as the dog looks on with the key to their cell. And one cannot forget that dangling hairy leg. [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]

What is your favorite part of the attraction?
    <hr></blockquote>

Love that part as well! Its great how the dog has that look on his face and the prisoners are just dieing to get that key. I used to be scared of it but now its one of the best attractions (a classic)
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: