Quantcast AK Awakening

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: AK Awakening

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    Could somebody tell me if the Animal Kingdom still does the Awakening? I want to be sure that Disney hasn't cut it before I bust my future hubby out of bed [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] Also, Do you think it would be a good idea to eat breakfast at Boma and then head over to Animal Kingdom for awhile? Thanks!
    Em

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes -- The Awakening takes place 15 minutes before the scheduled park opening time.

Boma begins their breakfast at 7 a.m. If you could snag an early time, Yes! The food is wonderful. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Question

What is the Animal Kindom Awakening?
    Thank You
    Nov./Dec. 1993 Off Site<br />July 1995 Off Site<br />August 1997 Dixie Landings(Honeymoon)<br />Feb. 1999 All Star Music<br />Nov./Dec. 2000 All Star Movies (my sons first vistit 4 months old)<br />May 2002 All Star Movies<br />Oct. 25 -29, 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge ..... Just back, had a great time, and it was HOT.<br /><br />New disney baby due date 1-27-03

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by michaelandmommylovedisney:
    What is the Animal Kindom Awakening?
    It's Disney's way of saying "Good Morning" to the Animal Kingdom.

The Awakening takes place 15 minutes before opening. Rafiki comes out and welcomes visitors. Thereafter, other characters arrive all dressed in their Safari attire. Some of the characters include; Rafiki, Mickey, Minnie, Baloo, Louie, Timon & Terk. Cast Members also come out with a variety of little animals.

It's a nice way to start the day, before entering the Park.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much PolyGirl40 !

Post Thanks / Like

buzzmle - we just had breakfast at Boma on Sunday and went to the AK from there (only 5 min away). Depending on where you're staying, you may have to take a cab (or drive your own car) to the Lodge if it's early. We took a cab from the Polynesian at 6:45am for our 7:00am PS and it took about 15 minutes to get there.
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last Sat. at least 1/2 hour before opening, we were in line about 1/2 way between the gates and the ticket buildings. The most fun we had was seeing "Wes Palm"?! at about 20 'till. The "Awakening" happened at 10 'till and all we saw (and we had a good view of the whole area inside the gates- I have it on tape) was a little music, an announcement, and then a few (I think 4-but one was a kinda-cool AK puppet type bird- kind of like EPCOTS Tapestry butterflies, but not that neat) characters came out from the paths, but were still inside the gates. Then they opened the gates and we were by the characters within a minute or two (went to the rope drop down the main path). Didn't see any CM's with animals. It was kind of dissapointing I thought. If your going to try it, go really early and be at the front of the line, maybe there's more to see up front? I remember our last trip there being several Cast Members in cool AK animal costumes; one was like a lizard and he was perched on a rock near the entrance. Several other ones about. Nothing like that this time.
    WDW:
    '71 Off Site
    '78 Fort Wilderness Campground
    '85 Off Site
    '92 Carribean Beach R.
    '97 All Star Sports
    '99 All Star Sports
    '02 Port Orleans Riverside
    '05 POP Century
    '08 POFQ

DLP:
    '08 Paris Apartment