Quantcast plus size friendly rides

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

HI EVERYONE I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION,FOR ANY OVERWEIGHT PERSON THAT HAS BEEN TO EPCOT. I WILL BE GOING THERE ON AUG,30 AND I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS AND RIDES I SHOULD AVOID (TIGHT SEATING,BARS TO CLOSE THAT KIND OF THING) IT WOULD HELP NOT TO STAND IN LINE TO BE TOLD I`M TO BIG FOR THE RIDE. THANKS IN ADVANCE [img]graemlins/mixed.gif[/img]
    plus size

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm overweight, but I have been able to ride every ride... Disney is a family place and they make sure all sized people can fit on their attractions...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there! I've sent you a Private Message - just scroll to the top of this page and click on 'my profile'... you should see the private message there.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot, I have also sent you a PM to explain in more detail. But I have to say I have never had any trouble at Disney, but I can not say the same for Universal.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

1) Actually, long legs are more of a problem than weight (girth).
    2) With long legs, I have a lot of knee pounding.
    3) However never had a problem at WDW with weight.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I too was wondering this, being plus size myself .
    May 97 ASSp<br />Aug 03 CB<br />Next trip Aug 2005 Pop Cen

Post Thanks / Like

The only time you really ever might have to worry is on coasters, but this is ONLY when coasters have a redundant safety feature (usually a seat belt or a belt that buckles into the restraint) and since none of Disney's coasters have anything beyond a lap restraint (RnRC doesn't matter even with it's overhead restraints, I've seen quite a few plus size individuals ride it very comfortably) you shouldn't have to worry. All the rides are meant to accommodate virtually every guest the park gets. So go have fun and enjoy your rides!
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

OK- for Princabella and others of interest, I hope this helps....
    I too am a Disney fan of plus size. I wear L to 1X size tops and 1X to 2X size pants (women's size) I have never found any problems with any of the rides at Disney and I have ridden all (I think) that are now open with the exception of Mission Space that might be questionable. Universal is quite a different experience.
    At The Disney water parks, I have had equally wonderful experiences. At Typhoon Lagoon I attempted a slide that was a little less than tame. The CMs at the top of the slide help people onto their tubes and send tham down the slide. When it was my turn at the top of the slide, " The CMs said, "Just a minute Ma'm." They positioned my tube, helped me on, and one split second later I was on my way. The people behind me never knew I was treated any differently and the CMs did not roll their eyes or make jokes, I know because I had several friends in line immedialtely behind me. Disney CMs are the best. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Have a wonderful trip. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    disneydeb

S IF you have any other questions oncerning this please feel free to ask me and I'll try to help.

[ August 17, 2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: disneydeb ]
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

INTERCOT has this subject in our archives if you would like more information:

Click here

Theme Park FAQ's
    Casey (aka DisneyWizard, Wizzy)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] Welcome to Intercot, glad you could make it! The average size for women now is 14/16 and there many more who are larger. Most people on those rides will not be small. I'm sure Disney accounts for the fact that as Americans we usually have enough food, and just aren't as scrawny as we used to be. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Sharon M.<br /><br />August 24, 2003 at the All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at past threads, you'll find the worst parts are the turnstyles!
    My girlfriend has been pretty good at feeding me the past year or two. I needed to loose a few lbs in the begining, now I'd like to be where I was before! RnR and ToT are no problem. Space Mountain is doable if I move my legs a certain way since to get them outta the way (some longer legged people might know the feeling). Not that I'm particularly tall, but I have extra cushion that puts my legs on that ride in the same spot that a taller person would be in. The only thing that I was worried about was the seat belt on Test Track. There is enough belt for some big people, I found out by pulling it all the way out to measure it when I got in and there is plenty... the problem is _finding_ the buckle under my bum! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] And then reaching it in the short time you have to load! My girlfriend reached over and buckled it for me since she could see it and reach it easier.

That's all that comes to mind right now. Oh, wait! You are probably going to have to skip TTA, which, sadly, is my favorite ride. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Ok, ok, ya got me! I was joking about the TTA. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] As if it was believable in the first place!

Post Thanks / Like

plus size,

Bonjour et Bienvenue from Louisiana!!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

Greetings and Salutations !!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Glad to have you as an INTERCOTee!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

I asked about Mission Space a few weeks ago and here are the responses.

Karen [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

I am also plus size and found only two rides to be difficult. Space Mountain - it's easy to get in, really tough to get out. Also Astro Orbitor is a challenge. Again no problem getting in it's the getting out part. Last time I was struggling and laughing so hard I literally had to roll out of the car. People must have thought I was stinking drunk or something. The only other issue I find is sometimes the theatre seats are a little small and the arm rests dig into the hips causing bruises. But these little things aren't enough to keep me for getting the most out of a trip to Disney.
    "I nearly bounced right out of the ride!"

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy Plus,

To be honest, I have ridden with many larger people and can say the rides are no problem, two turnstiles are however. Haunted Mansion and the Pirates rides have the oldstyle turnstyles, they are horrible!!! Slightly large people have problems with the bloody things all the time, let alone someone who is plus size. You can ask to go in the special needs entrance in both cases, and if the cast member asks, inform them you cannot get through the turnstile. The ride will be worth the slight ego bruising.

K
    The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives. <br />--Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

The one attraction that I find has the smallest seats is Muppets Vision at MGM. Great show, but really uncomfortable seats.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with the turnstiles! Hopefully next trip it won't be a problem! LOL (-27 lbs in 27 days! woohoo!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: