Quantcast Room for a family of 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

We were in WDW three years ago and stayed at Dixie Landings with a trundle bed. Now that the youngest is 10, not sure if the trundle will still work and also wanted to try a different resort. Any suggestions in the moderate and luxury categories?

Also, did I miss the Fairytale Package extension deadline?
    caw

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome.

Port Orleans Riverside is the only Moderate that accommodates 5 people.

The only Deluxe resorts that does not (in a standard room) is the Wilderness Lodge & the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I'm partial to the monorail resorts. [img]smile.gif[/img] Have you considered 2 connecting rooms at a Value Resort?

EDIT:
    I'm sorry. I didn't answer your other question. Yes - the Fairytale Package expired on June 29th.

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

[ July 05, 2003, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

This is a subject that REALLY bugs me there are sooooo many families of five and with only ONE moderate resort and NO value resorts it puts a damper on families with 3 kids!! I think if they would build a value resort that held 5 it would be booked solid ALL the time!! I'm grown now but I come from a family of 5 and a moderate resort was not always in the price range for us!! Wouldn't a full or queen bed with a trendle and bunk beds be nice? Then you wouldn't really have to have some Giant room and it could still be a value resort!!! Just my opinion though!! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    "Pudge controls the weather" -Lilo

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Look into the Home away form home resorts.

Old Key West 1-BR are very spacious, and not too expensive (compared to doing two standard rooms).

You may also want to look at my favorite- Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Can't wait to get back to the magic...

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Can you ask for a roll-a-way bed? I've never tried it, but it might work. If you want to consider staying off property, look into the Holiday Inn Family Suites. We stayed there and it is very convenient to WDW and has plenty of room. Check out their website for more details.
    Homeschool Mom
    WDW Trips '76,'80, '81, '83, '91, '94, '95, '96, '97, '00, '01-'02 with AP's, '03-'04 with AP's, recently many visits with CM Mom!

Post Thanks / Like

We (fam of 5)stayed at the Contemporary, and had plenty of room. Just request a roll away bed.
    Enjoy!
    PROUD NAVY WIFE!!!!!<br /><br />way too many trips to list!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

We are planning on doing the Ft. Wilderness Cabins specifically because of this problem. I know it's not a Moderate or Deluxe but might be something to think about.

One thing that we liked was 'no one on top of you or beside you' like a regular hotel room. [img]smile.gif[/img] That ended up being the "sold" point for us. Along with having a full kitchen and mousekeeping service still! We were going to be a family of 5 so that is what I was checking into at the time (we will now be a family of 6 when we go, even though the baby won't "count" as he'll be under 3).

Just thought I'd point that out as another possibility.
    Becky
    Contemporary - 7/05
    Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 7/11 with extended family (15 of us in all!!!)
    ME, DH, DD-17, DS-14, DS-10& DS-7

Post Thanks / Like

Growing up in a family of five, we always stayed at the Poly or the Contemporary and had plenty of room. As we got older we stayed in two rooms at the POR and Boardwalk or a villa. Either way we never felt cramped with five people in those hotels.
    1982 - Offsite
    1985, 1988- Cont.
    1990, 1992- Poly
    1994 - OKW
    1996 - BWI/OKW
    1998 - AS
    2000 - DL
    2001 - POR
    2002 - BWI
    2005 - DL GC
    2005 - BC
    2007 - BWV
    12/2008, 11/10- BCV DVC
    12/2009- Dolphin Honeymoon
    10/11 DL GC!

Next Up: 12/30/13-1/4/14 BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed the night before entering WDW at the Holiday Inn Family Suites. It is a kid's dreamland come true. Awesome pool. But I would have hated the commute back and forth. When we got to WDW we stayed at the Poly which has HUGE rooms PLUS a daybed! We are only a family of 4 but my 2 year old was fresh out of his crib and he loved sleeping in "his" daybed. There are so many Suite-type hotels now in moderate pricing that WDW should jump on the bandwagon before it becomes a better deal to stay offsite.
    CBR '93 Honeymoon
    POR '95 Anniversary
    Poly '03 Family Vacation
    FW Cabins '04 with 13 teens!
    POP '04 Family Thanksgiving
    FW Cabins '05 with 19 teens!
    Pop Century '06 with 15 teens!
    Pop Century '07 with 19 teens!
    Pop Century '07(one day later and really tired) with family.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the deluxe rooms at AKL have bunk beds and a daybed. We enjoyed the theming and the animals.

[ July 06, 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: MrBubbles ]

Post Thanks / Like

One of the problems with a one bedroom is that they only accomidate 4 people in the villas
    Contemporary 1976<br />Poly 1981<br />Poly 1983<br />Hilton @ Downtown Disney 1992<br />One Day Trip from Hell 1998<br />All Star Sports 2001<br />Carribean Beach 2001/9/11

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

DisneyorBust Dad here,
    We (my family of 5) is staying at the Beach Club this December. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] A room with a day bed has been reserved. The day bed, according to earlier posts, will work for either a small adult or a teen. We will find out!! [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    Good luck with your search! You'll get plenty of help here on INTERCOT!!!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks for all the information. This is my first time posting on Intercot and the response has been great. Also, I've seen alot of other useful information on this site. I'm sure I will be checking it daily before we go to WDW in November. Thanks again.
    caw

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: