Quantcast Best Disney Resorts for Couples

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

I am planning a trip next Dec. 2004 or early Jan. 2005. What resports are best for a newly married couple without children.
    Thanks. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    1984 - Off Property
    May 2002 - AKL
    May 2003 - DL - One day
    January 2006 - One day
    March 2006 - CSR
    March 2008 Swan/Dolphin
    December 2008 - CBR/AKL
    November 2012 - AoA Lion King
    March 15-22 2014 - Swan/Dolphin
    Nov 13-22 2014 AoA Cars

DVC Owners @ GF
    Up Next:
    Sept 4-12 Poly Villas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Depending on what you what to spend and do, I would say:

Grand Floridian: Quiet, luxurious, and very romantic

Polynesian: A quintessential tropical resort. Lots of fun stuff to do like drink tropical drinks on the beach and watch fireworks

Yacht Club: Great pool and location, yet still very grown up. Lots of nice restaurant options on the boardwalk.

These are some of the most expensive resorts on property. Cheaper options would be WL, AKL, or one of the moderates. There will be kids everywhere, but I think these resorts have what you are looking for.
    Next TripDec 10-17!Can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Great question, I couldn't resist giving my humble opinion. I think WDW offers a lot of great resorts for two newly married adults without children. My wife and I had the exact same dilemma when chosing a honeymoon spot in 1998. I think the best thing to do is to chose the theme that best suits your personalities (and budget!). My wife and I chose the Wilderness Lodge because we love the outdoors, but we aren't exactly rustic, whic is why we chose WL over say, Fort Wilderness. We like quiet over action, which is why we chose WL over say, the Boardwalk. I think you can do the same!

Assuming romance is a priority as was with us, I was happy to see that WDW offers a plethora of romantic spots! Here's my assessment of the different resorts and what makes them romantic or not romantic in my opinion, keeping in mind that I've only visited most of these:

All Stars: NOT romantic, better for families.
    Caribbean Beach: Colorful and tropical, but not too quiet.
    Dixie Landings(Riverside): Sounds quiet and romantic.
    Port Orleans(French Quarter): Sounds cool, but less romantic than DL
    Coronado Springs: Very romantic, exotic feel, and pretty quiet mostly. Underrated!
    Wilderness Lodge: Extremely quiet and romantic, especially if you love nature.
    Contemporary: I'd say it's best if you had a view of the Magic Kingdom.
    Grand Floridian: Extremely romantic if you like upscale.
    Polynesian: A tropical paradise
    Boardwalk: Romantic if you like the action
    Yacht and Beach Club: Close to the action, but quieter.
    Swan and Dolphin: Elegant, but a less "Disney" feel to it.

I hope this helped [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Darth assumed up your choices quiet well - it depends upon what you think is romantic.

don't mark out the deluxes because of costs - the DVC resorts can be rented from a DVC members and that can bring your cost down alot - BCV, VWL, BWV and OKW -

I happen to love the setting of VWL/WL - I think these are some of the most romantic places at WDW - so do alot of honeymooners they were second place after the Polyn. the Polyn is very romantic - the torches are lite at night and they go through out the resort and on the beach.
    Pat<br />DVC Owner OKW 93, BWV 95, VWL 00<br />too many off site and on site hotels<br />DVC resorts visit:<br />OKW 93 thru 2004 /BWV 95,97,99,02<br />VWL 2000 - 2003 /BCV 02

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

All of my most recent WDW visits have been as part of a couple. Our first trip together took us to the All Star Sports Resort...inexpensive, but not romantic in any way at all. Lots of families and lots of noise, which is fine, but not if you want a little romantic couple time.

The next two visits we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and it was wonderful!!! Isolated couches and fireplaces offered themselves to us above the lobby, where we kicked back together, relaxed by the fire and listened to the music from below us. More than a few times, we would grab a couple chairs on the beach at night and just look up at the stars. There are two primary restaurants at the WL: Whispering Canyon Cafe and Artists Point. WCC is a wonderful place to eat. Very fun! AP is VERY nice and VERY good!

For our honeymoon in 2001, we stayed at the Beach Club Resort and loved it there too!!! The absolute best thing about it was its location. Walking distance to Epcot and short boat ride to Disney Studios. Also, the Boardwalk Resort was just across the way. The ambiance of the BC is very soothing. The pool is great. And at night, everything there is so beautiful.

If you are going in December, then my vote is for the Wilderness Lodge! The decorations and the overall ambiance is amazing.

[ June 04, 2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: gregf71 ]
    Disneyland - Too many times to count
    1993 - WDW
    1994 - EuroDisney
    1997 - WDW
    1998 - WDW
    2000 - WDW
    2001 - WDW & Disney Wonder
    2005 - Disneyland Paris
    2011 - WDW & Disney Dream
    2013 - Disney Wonder (Alaska)

Post Thanks / Like

The Animal Kingdom Lodge! The cuisine, the quiet savannas, the lobby, the REMOTE location... Very romantic, warm low-key lighting in the rooms. Low key lighting all around. Pleasant evening strolls.

Jiko. Boma. Need I say more?

Why does everyone always forget about this extraordinary resort!
    <b>Wilderness Lodge</b>, <b>11/03</b> <br />Past WDW Trips: French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge<br /><br />Tale as old as time/Tune as old as song<br />Bittersweet and strange/finding you can change<br />Learning you were wrong. ~ Howard Ashman

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said - many resorts have a romantic feel. It's the feeling of being blissfully happy without concerns that just brings out the romance in everyone!

When my DH & I were looking for a honeymoon spot, we had a hard time choosing between the Polynesian, WL, and the AKL. I've never been to the moderates so I can't help you there. We ended up at the WL but visited the AKL. It definately had more kids, but was VERY romantic. You can't go wrong with either of them. We also had dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and so we visited the Beach & Yacht club resorts too. Very romantic, but again, lots of kids (at least at Beach club). I vote for the WL - especially in December!
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

I would go for anything but the All Stars. Port Orleans is a nice moderate with a romantic feel.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Until this trip, we've always gone as just a couple (we're older first-time parents of a now 4-year-old).

We love the Grand but of course it's right next to the MK. As a couple, we spent very little time at that park so it really wasn't as convenient as it might have been. But it is lovely and you'll find lots of other honeymooners there as well as an older adult crowd. (In fact I was in my early 30's when we went & I remember feeling almost too young there!)

We also stayed at the Yacht & really liked it. We spent lots more of our time at Epcot (especially the Rose & Crown!) and it was wonderful just to be able to walk around some hedges and be right there! That was really wonderful late in the evening.

This trip with our little guy we stayed at the Poly. It was very nice, too. There's also a "quiet" pool which didn't have as many children. The walks & beach are really lovely at night--though it may be a bit chilly in January.

Our favorite stay was several years ago at the Institute. At the time there were no kids there under 12 (pretty wild for WDW, huh?) I understand that's being refurbished now and isn't available.

Anyway, have a wonderful honeymoon!!

Debi
    1989 - Off Site<br />1989 - Grand Floridian <br />1993 - Caribbean Beach <br />1995 - Yacht Club <br />1996 - The Institute<br />May 2003 - Polynesian<br />October 2003 - Beach Club, Concierge

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by ColorAndLight:
    The Animal Kingdom Lodge! The cuisine, the quiet savannas, the lobby, the REMOTE location... Very romantic, warm low-key lighting in the rooms. Low key lighting all around. Pleasant evening strolls.

Jiko. Boma. Need I say more?

Why does everyone always forget about this extraordinary resort!
    I totally agree with this post. Get a Savanna view room and it is very romantic. My wife did not want to leave the room or the resort. It has an exotic feel to it and all I can say is awesome. Disney really out did themselves with this resort. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Hi-

I agree with everything voted for The Wilderness Lodge. It is very romantic and relaxing.

My boyfriend (27) and I went in February and are headed back in October. There is nothing better than relaxing in the hot tubs at night, then finding one of the hidden fire places throughout the lodge and relaxing with a glass of wine on a very comfortable leather couch!
    Contemporary 10/82
    Polynesian 12/89
    Off-Site 2/02
    Port Orleans Riverside 5/02
    WL 2/03
    WL Concierge 10/03
    AKL 10/04
    WL 11/05
    WL Concierge 12/07
    WL- 11/08

Next trips
    WL - 11/11

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from an anniversary weekend w/o the kids. We stayed at Riverside and it was very romantic. Yes, this is WDW so there will be kids there but you really didin't notice them except at the main pool and the food court. We took nice long romantic walks throughout the resort and loved it! We even decided the kids would love it too, so we will be taking them soon!!
    Robyn

First trip 1990 Honeymoon
    2000 Florida Resident
    2001First Annual Pass Multiple day trips since
    2004 Rode out Hurricane Frances Allstar Sports
    2005 -Coronado Springs- 15th Anniversary
    2006-moved back to NJ
    Next trip ??? :(

Post Thanks / Like

The Beach Club would be a good choice; we stayed there for our honeymoon. We'd stay there again, but it's a little out of our budget. Port Orleans French Quarter is nice too, but but Riverside offers more stuff.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say the Yacht Club. For our honeymoon, we debated between YC and GF, and ended up choosing a suite at YC and loved it! We walked to the Boardwalk and Epcot almost every day. And we even walked to MGM pretty quickly. Having no kids, we didn't spend as much time at MK and it was nice being able to take our time and have so much to do so close. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

My first choice would be the Poly - torchlit walkways; white, sandy beach with views of the Magic Kingdom; and lush, tropical vegetation everywhere you look.

My runner up is Wilderness Lodge - soaring fireplaced lobby; quiet nooks and crannies to sit; and deep woods atmosphere. Especially lovely in December when the holiday decorations are up.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We stayed at the WL for our honeymoon and loved it. I can't think of a place I would have rather been.
    DisneyKim<br /><br />"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all"

Post Thanks / Like

I would say anywhere but the All Stars. Though my boyfriend and I stayed in All Star Movies and got the Herbie the Love Bug building-- that's probably as romantic as you can get!! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't stayed there (but I'm staying for 7 nights in Sept 2003)- in one of the books I have on WDW it says that PO- Riverside is the "Grand Floridian for lovers on a budget" (or something close to that). It is supposed to be one of the most romantic resorts (as far as a moderate resort) unless $$ doesn't matter and then I guess I would choose the GF.
    ----------------------------------<br />"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." <br /><br />Spring '89 Grand Floridian<br />Spring '98 All Star Sports<br />Winter '00 Caribbean Beach<br />Fall '03 Port Orleans- Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: