Quantcast To anyone who has stayed at an All Star resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

hi everyone,

I will be visiting DW in January with my girlfriend.
    We are trying to decide which all star resort to stay in. Each theme seems equally fun, so that really won't be a deciding factor.

So my question to anyone who has stayed at an all star resort is: which resort and building did you stay in? What did you like/not like about it?

Also, what is the preferred building for each all star resort? I assume it is the one closest to the front, but just want to make sure [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

thank you!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[ October 01, 2002, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Fil ]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

hello, and welcome to intercot! we have stayed @ sports, and just two weeks ago @ music, and the only real diffrence we saw was the pools and a little better landscaping @ music. and,yes, the front buildings are the preferred ones; you must request them in advance to be assured of getting one, and they cost about ten dollars more a night. the benefit to the sports is you are first on the bus in the morning, and first off in the evening. hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Ususally more kids at Sports. The athletic competitions they have going on most of the time all stay there. We have stayed at Music, and even though it is fairly busy have had a nice stay.
    27 time visitor to WDW - 28 I hope soon!

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, WELCOME TO INTERCOT.
    I've stayed at the Movies and Sports, and I personally like the Sports, because I'm a big sports fan. At the sports I stayed in the HOOPS building. I like it because it's extremely quiet at night. It was a little further away from the food court and main lobby and buses, but not to bad. The rooms are'nt the largest, but I'm there for the parks, not to stay in my room all day. The rooms are the cleanist I've seen. Mousekeeping does an excellent job. The CM are helpful also.
    There's NOTHING bad I can say about any of the ALL-STARS. Mcdonalds is right around the corner, which is an added bonus for me. Bus service is great, food courts are good.
    Your right, the prefered buildings are the ones closes to the front. I'll be staying in the Sports SURFS UP building this Dec.3-12. It's the preferred building of the sports. This will be my first time in that building. It's also right by the pool, which will probably be more noisey at night, but I don't care. These rooms are also an extra $10 night. Any of the ALL-STARS are good choices. This was just my preference. ALL-STARS are the BEST DEAL on Disney. Enjoy your trip. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

[ October 01, 2002, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Lyle ]

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Music in the Calypso building. It was nice bright theme. The pools were cute though the front pool did tend to get a lil crowded.
    The food court there was really good. I would defintely try the cheesesteak
    ~~The Brat~~

Adults are obsolete children. -- Dr. Seuss
    In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.
    My reality has become warped!

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at the All Star Movies twice, both times in the Toy Story building. I believe the Fantasia buildings at ASMo are the preferred ones. Personally, I don't know if it's worth the extra cost. There's a back sidewalk at Toy Story that leads you right to the bus area and I didn't think it was terribly far from the food court.

The only thing that I would say is a drawback at the All Stars is the size of the room. It is small. However, we are hardly in the room, so I would definitely stay at ASMo again!

Katmegali is absolutely right about the cheesesteaks. They are my hubby's favorite [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]
    May 2007 - WDW

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the AS Sports in Jan. las year. Our room was in the Center Court building, very quiet and about 5 minutes from main building. I would recommend the Sports over the other All-Stars because it is the first bus pick-up and drop-off site of the three hotels.

All in all, it is a great place to stay. You will love it. Have a great trip!
    July, 1987 - Disneyland<br />March, 1999 - Disneyland<br />March, 2000 -- Offsite<br />January, 2002 -- All Star Sports<br />May 25- June 4, 2003 -- Contemporary (honeymoon!!)

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at all 3, as an adult with no children I would recommend the ASMu as well. The ASMo & ASSp tend to be more children/team oriented. We stayed at the ASMu Jazz building and it was great, very quiet.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm going to move this to the Accommodations forum where our resort experts reside. You're sure to get even more opinions and information there.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed twice at Music, both times in Calypso (the preferred building now?) This was great, as long as we didn't face the pool (noise).

Twice at Movies. Once at Dalmatians, reasonably close to everything, even close enough to walk from AS Music bus stop if you were on a bus that stopped there first. Once at Toy Story...best decorations, so close, and little back sidewalk to bus stop made it seem even closer.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We have stayed at the ASMu and the ASSp and loved both of them. The rooms are smaller granted but you have to think about how much time you spend in you rooms to start with. And they are spotless and the grounds are spotless also.

The food courts are reasonable and are good when comes to taste. The buses run better at the AS resorts than at other resorts because of the number of guests they move. Everything was positive when we stayed there. In fact my two little ones like the As resorts better than the CBR where we stayed last time.
    ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We love the all-stars and stay there very often. We are actually staying at all star music on October 16 (Yay).

I like All-Star Movies the best but they are all great. I wouldn't bother paying extra for the "preferred room" we have done this at All Star Movies and ended up staying right next to where we used to stay in Toy Story. Same distance.

Dawn Guest

I've stayed at Movies in the Fantasia building before it became the preferred building. Close to food court, main pool, etc but wouldn't pay extra to stay there as the Toy Story section seemed just as close to everything.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's a strange combination, but the two hotels at which I prefer to stay are the Wilderness Lodge or the All Star Music! Go ahead, call me weird, my wife does....
    Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll put my two cents in. I stayed at All Star Music in august in the country fair building. It was too far of a walk for my taste. I personally would not stay there again. The smaller resorts like Port Orleans are more to my likeing .Have a great trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all of your replies. It's really great hearing everyone's perspective.

I would love to stay at a moderate resort, but since we are 'poor' college students, we've decided we'd rather have more days and stay at a value, rather than stay at a moderate and have the vacation be several days shorter.

I think we've decided on All-Star movies.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great choice. You will love the ASMovies. My brothers and their families went and stayed at the ASMovies this past June and loved everything about that hotel. It is where we are staying in March (could swing the finances to go in June with family).

And by the way, Welcome to Intercot!!!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed in the Sports and Music. The basketball section of sports was a little far walk but there was a nice view and very quite. Both were very nice, as long as your patient with the foriegn people at the desk.
    1997: Off site<br />1998: All Star Sports<br />1999: All Star Music<br />2003: Hopefully<br /><br />Start at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I just got back from a week stay at All Star Movies - my first visit there. I can only say positive things about the resort. They were happy to fulfill a faxed building preference (Toy Story) and check-in was a breeze (okay, it was Sunday morning in the off season). We were in our room with luggage before noon! The food court was more than adequate (get the refillable mug), the pool was good, and they had a great gift shop. Bus service was also good. And the rooms...yes, they are a little on the small side, but completely fine for a family of three. And they were clean and well-kept. In sum, I will definitely stay there again.
    AP Platinum/Florida resident

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great choice in choosing the Movies Resort.It is newer and CLEANER than Sports.We stayed 2 years ago and loved it.If I had my choice it would be the Value Resorts,but we stayed at Coronado Springs last year and the DW got spoiled.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: