Quantcast WDW Proposal ideas

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I need some help. I have been with my girlfriend for nearly four years now, and intend to propose to her at WDW on our December trip. My problem is that I don't know how.

My girlfriend has never been to WDW an has been working hard completing her honours year at university this year. As a graduation present I am taking her with my famliy on our trip Nov 26 - Dec 5.

I think I would like to propose at MK, as this seems like the most magical place, but I don't know when or how. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some ideas! I have searched the boards and have found a few things, but any ideas (even for places other than MK) would be welcome.

Thank you in advance.

I'm so nervous
    Michael șoș

• Oct '12 Port Orleans Riverside
    • Aug '11 Disneyland (D23 Expo) / WDW Pop Century
    • Apr '10 Pop Century
    • Sept '09 Disneyland (D23 Expo)
    • Oct '08 Pop Century
    • March 2007 - Pop Century
    • Nov 2003 - All Star Movies - Honeymoon
    • Nov 2001 - All Star Movies
    • Nov 2000 - Off Site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Although it's not too private, how about first thing in the morning as you walk down Main Street. Talk quickly to one of the photographers and let him/her know your plan then as you "pop the question" they could take your picture with the Castle in the background.

Whatever you decide it sure is a magical way to propose. Best of luck!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff--

That is exactly how I want my boyfriend (oddly enough also named Jeff) to propose one day! I have a whole collection of those photos on the wall from the past many years. I think that would make a wonderful addition to my collection!
    Next trip: May 29-June 5 2007, Caribbean Springs Resort
    Previous Trips: May 2005 POFQ; May 2004 Off-site with 50 Elementary Schoolers; September 2002: Contemporary Resort; March 2002 Off-site; May 2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge; March-June 2000: Vista Way, WDWCP

Dawn Guest

How about over dinner in the castle. If you let the CMs know what you're planning they can serve the ring as "dessert" in a glass slipper.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the main street idea, but I think it might be a little too public.

A few people have suggested the cinderella's wishing well. I 've never found this, where exactly is it??

Any other ideas guys?
    Michael șoș

• Apr '10 Pop Century
    • Oct '08 Pop Century
    • Nov 2000 - Off Site

TiggerRPh Guest

Talking

It's on the Fantasyland side of the castle, right next to Tinkerbell's Treasures. In other words...go through the castle...look to your left, can't miss it!

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Actually that is not the wishing well. It is just a water well thmemed water fountain. [img]smile.gif[/img] The wishing well is located next to the castle. If you are coming up Main Street to the castle, follow the ramp that leads up to the RIGHT side of the casle. It is just a little passageway that leads to the Teacup side of Fantasyland. But just as you come up to the side of the castle is a well. There is a little sign naming it the wishing well, and saying all the coins go to charity.

It is very private. Few people take the path. Don't do it there during the fireworks though, unless you don't want to see them! It is not a good view.
    Previous Trips: May 2005 POFQ; May 2004 Off-site with 50 Elementary Schoolers; September 2002: Contemporary Resort; March 2002 Off-site; May 2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge; March-June 2000: Vista Way, WDWCP

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My husband proposed to me on the balcony of a room at the Contemporary overlooking the MK. He had champaigne, a small wedding cake with crystal Mickey and Minnie topper, and roses brought to the room right after I said yes. It was perfect and very private.

I also suggest the wishing well at Cindy's castle. We've sat there many times during crowded days at MK, and no one seems to take that path.

How about during an evening walk along the beach at the Poly or GF?

How about the rose garden in EPCOT at the UK pavillion?

What about walking over to the wedding pavilion at GF, taking a look around, and then popping the question there?

You can always arrange to ask her during dinner. Let the restaraunt know ahead of time - they can help you with presentation or bring a "happy engagement" dessert after you propose.

For additional $$, you can contact "Gifts of a Lifetime", at Disney. They can arrange anything from scavenger hunts through the parks, to a private table inside the gardens around the castle - whatever you wish for. But bring your wallet.

Good luck with the planning. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be perfect. [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    Visits - too many to count!
    DVC Members since 2010
    OKW May 2011
    BLT Jan 2012
    OKW Dec 2013
    OKW March 2015
    OKW November 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

mickeyd, all of the way from Australia to propose at WDW and your girlfriend's first time there to boot? Excellent!! I like Simba1's idea of the wedding pavillion. Kind of inspiring. Also, you could time the answer to the question with one of the nightly shows. MK's fireworks, Epcot's ROE, etc. Not sure that I would want to do it in front of the crowd at Fantasmic though. I have read here that the CMs are very helpful in creating a memorable moment for something like this. Very cool! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with dinner at the castle! We had my birthday dinner there in September and it was perfect, although there were little kids trying to pick up the mickey confetti that spilled off our table. Or Victoria and Alberts is supposed to be a wonderful dinner, kinda pricey though. Bu the castle is a special place for all who visit. Congrats in advance!

Gail

DVC Member BCV since 2002
    Next trip: 3/19/2012 WLV & 10/20/2012 BCV
    Last Trip: 11/12 WLV
    Past Stays: Caribbean Beach, PO FQ and Riverside, Boardwalk Inn, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club Villas, Saratoga Springs, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys you are being really helpful. Dinner at the castle sounds good.

Two more questions (I seem to be asking a lot [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] )

Is there a garden / secluded are next to the castle? I read somewhere that there is a special area that is roped off that can be used for such things.

Is there a special 'enagement' dept at WDW or should I just speak to a near by CM or mention what I want to do at check in at our resort? If I did the dinner in the castle idea, should I organise it in advance?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really want to get this right.

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: mickeyd ]</p>
    Michael șoș

• Apr '10 Pop Century
    • Oct '08 Pop Century
    • Nov 2000 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mickeyd:

Is there a garden / secluded are next to the castle? I read somewhere that there is a special area that is roped off that can be used for such things.

Is there a special 'enagement' dept at WDW or should I just speak to a near by CM or mention what I want to do at check in at our resort? If I did the dinner in the castle idea, should I organise it in advance?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really want to get this right.

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: mickeyd ]
    <hr></blockquote>

Yes there is a rose garden near the castle. As you head over the bridge to Tomorrowland, there is a pathway leading down to the garden. There is a covered area down there with benches. (It was the loading dock for the swan boats once upon a time.) It can be roped and reserved for engagements through 407 824 5130. Be prepared...it doesn't come cheaply.

That number handles all "official" engagement packages. Nothing says you have to use them of course. If you choose the do-it-yourself approach and need some special help pulling it off, tell a CM. Tell the front desk at your hotel. They should be able to help you arrange it.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I think that most of your questions have been answered, but I just wanted to wish you luck! Please keep us posted on how it goes!
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I was just there and as we were walking to our hotel i was reading the stones that line the walkway at the trans/tckt center and one of the stones had a proposal on it. I don't know the cost of the stones, but i must say i thought it was so cool. They have the stones at the MK too. But you could be pretending to read the stones and get her to "find" your stone!! And the beauty is you will always be able to go back and remember your wonderful day!!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Jen

Post Thanks / Like

My husband proposed in Epcot during Illuminations! It was nice b/c it was different than the castle. He intended on doing it in MK but I blew it for him b/c it was very crowded at MK that day so I decided we should park hop over to Epcot....but all in all it worked out nice..after all Epcot is the "future" right and what better way to kick off the future.....GOOD LUCK!!! and keep us posted!
    Jeannine<br /><br />**Mommy to Sydney Alyssa born 9/30/02**<br /><br /><br />*****Remember the Magic*****<br /><br />May 1997 (Engaged!)<br />October 1999 (ASMusic & CBR)<br />September 2000 (WL)<br />December 2001 (AKL)<br />January 2005 (POFQ)...3 of us :)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responces. At this stage I think I'll go with the Wishing Well idea. I won't have a ring because we'd want to choose it together - maybe a small crystal gift of some sort to mark the occasion.
    (ideas?)

ONE LAST QUESTION:
    Assuming I can't get into the castle for dinner, where would be a nice romantic spot for dinner? (can't afford anything like V&A's)

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: mickeyd ]</p>
    Michael șoș

• Apr '10 Pop Century
    • Oct '08 Pop Century
    • Nov 2000 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Close by MK and quite romantic would be Artist's Point at Wilderness Lodge (it's a boat ride away from MK) and if tell them the occasion perhaps you can get the best table (the one in the corner with the view of the waterfall).

You might also consider California Grill (at the top of the Contemporary) which is just a monorail ride away from the MK (or a walk if you choose). Great views of the MK and the castle. If it's a fireworks night, you might be able to time your meal to the fireworks (along with a request for a window table).

Narcoosee's at the GF is a restaurant that sits out on a dock. Great views. It's a boat ride or a monorail ride away from the MK.

Good luck and best wishes!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Dawn Guest

Arribas Bros store at Downtown Disney has a wide selection of crystal figures of Disney characters. I think you can also get small crystal models of Cinderella's Castle too.

Post Thanks / Like

There are also two Arribas Brothers shops right in the Magic Kingdom. One is Crystal Arts on Main Street, right next to Market House. The other is inside the castle. The store inside has all sorts of cool (and mostly expensive) items. But I believe they also carry Arribas Brothers.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

How Romantic that you are proposing at DW.

My husband proposed to me there 10 years ago. It was so romantic. All my family was there. We were all watching the fireworks outside Cinderella's castle when my husband pulled out a Prince Charming figurine on which had hanging my engagement ring.

My husband then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

Of couse I started crying...as did all my family...and of course I said yes.

It was so romantic I can still see it today.

We are now happily in our 8th year of marriage and going strong.

We are huge Disney fans and our son has become one as well.

I am taking our son to DW with my mom and nephew in March of this year. My son really enjoyed his trip last May and is dying to go back (all this at the ripe old age of 5).

Good luck and may all your dreams come true!!!

Karen Kerr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: