Quantcast GATORLAND OR KENNEDY SPACE OR?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

We'll be at WDW for 7 days..thinking we'll be able to see most so my question was some place else to go..we were given the suggestion of Gatorland..then I thought about Kennedy Space Center..knowing the shuttle launch has been postponed 'til July..What-do-ya think? any suggestions. We have two boys 15 and 13..so it needs to spark their interest..thanks Jim

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If your boys like anything to do with space, they will love the Kennedy Space Center. I have two teenage boys and they thought it was great. We have been there twice and have taken two different tours. They are all very good if you are into space stuff, which we are! There is a life size space shuttle that is amazing. The best of all is the SaturnV Rocket. It is a real one and the size of it will blow your mind! They have it in a huge building extended above you. It is one of the most awesome sites I have ever seen. I am still waiting for the shuttle to launch when I'm there. I have made plans to see it three times and every time it has been cancelled. These plans aren't easy since we live in California! In all fairness, I've never been to Gatorland so I don't know what it's like, but if you look hard enough around the KSC you will see alligators. They even have one that made himself a home in there big pond by the memorial wall.

------------------
    WDW Trips
    12/1996: All Star Sports
    5/1998: Wilderness Lodge
    5/1999: Dixie Landings
    2/2000: Dixie Landings
    9/2000: Dixie Landings
    Next trip: Feb. 2002
    DL: Too many times to count!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to Gatorland 2x. When my sone was little (5) he really enjoyed it. We went again when he was 12 and it had definately lost its charm. It is a very quick attraction. I would say skip it if you have anything else that you can do. You can only look at so many aligators. Kennedy Space Center seems like a much better choice especially considering you kids ages!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We've been to both and I'd have to lend my vote to Kennedy Space Center. Our kids were bored after a few minutes at Gatorland but still talk about Kennedy, and it was years ago! And after visiting we went to the beach for a couple of hours before heading back to WDW. Nice full day.

------------------
    șoș figgie șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Kennedy is interesting, historic, educational, etc. Unlike other space museums, they actually launch from Kennedy. This is a marvel of science. However, as with most Florida attractions, the exhibits, ambience and guest relations pale in comparison to WDW. My advice would be to do Kennedy early in your trip, so you can return to the 'magic'. For us, putting Kennedy last was anticlimactic. Remember, I'm speaking of attraction value, and with respect to children. If there are any astronauts in the Intercot community, I apologize for comparing a high-tech, functioning facility with a vacation resort!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like

The Kennedy Space Center, no doubt about it.

------------------

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: