Quantcast Bus vs Car - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bus vs Car

Post Thanks / Like

Although I have used the bus system and not had a problem, I always rent a car. We even rented one when we stayed at the Poly. We didn't use it alot but used it to go to AK MGM and DTD. I find the car most helpful when traveling with young kids. I think it is an individual decision. Some people like to leave the driving to someone else and some prefer to do their own driving.

------------------

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Virginia coast, located in the US last time I checked.
    Post Thanks / Like

We're driving down because we wanted the flexibility of having a car at our disposal.

BUT, since we're staying on-site and this is our first time there, we're going to give the WDW transportation a try. If we feel as if it's too inconvenient, we'll stop using it.

AND FYI, this is something the lady told us on the phone when we made our PS for the character breakfast at Cindy's table; she made our PS for 8:20 because the buses started running at 7:00 am and we should allow an HOUR'S travel time from our resort (the CBR).

I personally thought an hour was a bit long for such a short trip, even if it is the first thing in the morning.

BarBelle
    I do anything I want with my time...except make it stand still.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like

One of the many things we love about Disney is being able to park your car and not touch it until it is time to get home. We always take full advantage of this and have never had a problem.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Do BOTH! Each has their pros/cons--you just have to know which way to go when.

Taking the bus saves long walks into the parks. EX: MK...if you drive you have to take the monorail or ferry over, which takes a lot longer than the busses pulling right up front. And traffic there can be terrible when parks close, much worse than long lines to get on busses.

However, a car has come in handy in situations. If you want to go from one resort to another it can take forever with the buses because you often have to transfer at least once or even more

TIP: Drive to boardwalk or swan/dolphin to go to EPCOT in the eve....after EPCOT closes, avoid the crowds by taking a leisurely stroll along the boardwalk.

Just ask around and find out what the crowd patterns/bussing schedules are like and you'll figure out when it's best to drive/ride

------------------
    Going on 25+ visits
    1980-1999
    Villas, Contemporary, The Dolphin, Carribbean Beach, All Star Sports, ALM, Dixie Landings
    2000 All Star Movies
    2000 Dixie Landings
    2001 Disney Institute Villas
    2001 Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: