Quantcast Whats your 1st day consist of ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

17 Days and counting,we can hardly wait. I got a quick question. What does your first day of arrival at WDW consist of ? We usually take it easy by either having a nice dinner and then going to Downtown disney to walk around or just by hanging out at our resort. Im looking for some new ideas, [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] Thanks [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    DVC Member 97 OKW,HH,VB <br />Last Visit 02/03 Boardwalk Villas Next Visit 12/03 Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We usually leave after work on Friday to maximize our Disney time, so the first day consists of getting to our hotel room and making sure the bed is actually under us when we fall flat on our faces.

When we arrive at a more human time, we either do a park day (usually Epcot, as it happens) or get a leisurely lunch and wander around, just happy to be there!
    "Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas"
    "Go out there and kick some alien butt!"
    "That looks like water, but really it isn't."

DVC Member at Boardwalk
    84, 90, 92, 96, 94, 97 - off site
    98 DL Paris
    Many since then at BWV, OKW, and WLV.

Post Thanks / Like

On our most recent visit we got settled at the WL and took a nap first (we had been up since 3:30 A.M.!) [img]graemlins/sleepin.gif[/img] Then we went to the Contemporary and watched the MK fireworks, then had a PS at Chef Mickey's for dinner. It was a great way to start the trip! Have a wonderful time! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Lori<br /><br />07/88 - Contemporary<br />06/91 - Grand Floridian (honeymoon)<br />08/92 - Fort Wilderness Homes<br />11/02 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on what time we arrive. We always unwind first and have something to eat before we go off and running! Now, for upcoming trip, which is starting on Thursday, we won't be arriving at our resort until around 5:00. We are going to settle in and unpack a bit then we have dinner reservations for 7:00 and off to the parks which are open until 11:00!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] I don't know why but we seem to jump right in beginning with our first day.
    June 1987 - May 2017
    Upcoming visits - Solo trip November 2017 and daughter's sweet 16 in February 2018 º0º

Post Thanks / Like

I would take the first day as relaxing.
    On our next trip .. we will arrive , unpack , look around the resort.
    Planning Hoop Dee Do and a hayride for the eveing
    ~~The Brat~~

Adults are obsolete children. -- Dr. Seuss
    In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.
    My reality has become warped!

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

We usually show up about noon. We have a lunch at the food court, check out the resort, take a swim and maybe go to shop at DD. Then in the evening we go to Epcot and have a [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Long Island, New York- studying in DC at GWU
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I usually have an early flight into Orlando so by the time I get there, I do the check in at the hotel and grab a bite for lunch.. then I explore the hotel (even though i have stayed there numerous times) and relax by the pool. Then I go up to the room, unpack and then maybe head over to downtown disney for dinner Next day.. I am wide awake and ready to go to MK!
    (I wanted a name change. You can now find me as: ImagiAsh) ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

That's normally what we'd do too. However, since on our next trip, we're a little pressed for time, we'll be going to Animal Kingdom our first day. We have a flight that arrives at MCO at 10am. We hope to be off to Animal Kingdom by 12. That night we'll probably head over to Downtown, do some shopping, or head over to the Disney Studios for Fantasmic. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

For us too, it depends on when we arrive. If it's afternoon, it's a nice relaxing lunch then to a park that's open late, typically Epcot when we go to WDW. Then come back and unpack.

This time, we arrive late and we'll probably just check in unpack and maybe head to the pool.

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

This will be my Mom's 1st trip & my 10th plus so after we leave the airport we'll make a stop at a store to load up on bottled water & snacks then to POR for what I hope is a "early check-in". After that we'll unpack and head off to check out the Christmas decorations at the resorts followed up by dinner at Ohana's. Then an early to bed for MGM the next day.
    Oct 86, off property - Feb 92, off property
    Nov 94, All Star Sports - Dec 95, off property
    Dec 98, CBR - Dec 99, PO
    Dec 00, All Star Movies - Oct 01,All Star Movies
    Nov 01, All Star Music - April 02, All Star Music
    Dec 02, POR - Feb 03, POFQ - Nov 03, AKL
    April 04, POP - Dec 04, ASMu - Nov 05, POP
    Dec 05, POR

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

We usually end up at DW about noon and it never fails we head straight to the MK, our favorite park.

We are going at the end of May and I am sure will go to the MK first.

rj
    [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    2008 - Poly
    2005 - Beach Club (Nov)
    2005 - Wilderness Lodge (Feb)
    2003 - Wilderness Lodge (Awesome) Nov
    2003 - The Dolphin (never again)- late May
    2002 - Offsite - Holiday Villas
    2000 - Dixie Landings
    1998 - Port Orleans
    1996 - Dixie Landings
    1994 - Port Orleans
    1992 - Car. Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

This year we will check-in, then go over to the cruise desk to see if anyone has gotten sick on the Wonder! (we end our trip on the 3 night cruise)

Then, relax at the pool, check out the resort, then 8am PS for Donald's Breakfastosauraus the next day!

Post Thanks / Like

I will be arriving December 10 at about 2 pm with my mom and dad. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for 10 nights. Last year my mom over did it the 1rst afternoon and wound up very dehydrated and had to stay in the room the next day she was so sick. We are vowing this year to just enjoy looking around the resort, possibly going for a swim if it is warm enough and having dinner at either Whispering Canyon or Ohana. I'm also bringing a small Christmas tree and decorations so I have to decorate my room the 1rst day I am there too. [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

cosmic ray Guest

normally we go to epcot on our first day. we normally arrive around noon and check in. after that we goto the world showcase for two reasons:
    1. we want to avoid crowds at the mk (we go every summer-peak season)
    2. its the world showcase!

cant wait for july 2003!
    contemporary tower bound!

Post Thanks / Like

MGM is always our first Park.

However, this year we arrived at 5 PM instead of our typical 10 AM arrival time. We got settled, had a nice dinner and relaxed for the evening. We started our MGM venture the following morning. It worked out great.

Next year we are planning on adding an additional day for travel again. --- [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We try to arrive by 1PM,(actually did it once) but usually end up pulling into Ft Wilderness around 3. My wife checks in the dog at the kennels while my son and I back the trailer into our spot. I usually get stuck setting up camp (my son helps a lot now) while everyone else goes to check out the trading post. Then it's a quick dinner and a relaxing evening under the awning with a hot cup of coffee and some good conversation. Or is it a good cup of coffee and some hot conversation?

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Jim

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Post Thanks / Like

We usually arrive at around noon, check in (sometimes we can get to our room immediately, most of the times not!), eat at the resort, then head to DD for shopping and dinner.

This year we are just going to relax around the resort until 4pm, then head to Cape May for dinner, then the Christmas Party at MK! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

We plan to arrive around 4 p.m. after driving about 11 hours from New Orleans, check in, get settled in our room and then go eat. This year, as per our 9yo DS suggestion and seconded by our 7yo DD, we plan to head over to the largest McDonald's around and eat there, then use our free passes to head over to the Winterwonderland mini golf course and then get a good night sleep and hit the Studios the next morning. At least, that is the plan as of right now.
    ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, We always get to the hotles by 12:00 pm. I love to take the early flights out. We usually check in and have lunch then even though I try and relax.........We always wind up heading to MK for the the afternoon. We like to PS at Chef Mickeys for our first night because of the great buffet and the charector interaction to get us in the Disney mood. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Betsy
    Off Site 1981,
    Shades of Green 1996, 2006, 2012
    Coronado Springs 2000,
    Contemporary (SoG) 2002 & 2003,
    Yacht and Beach/Animal Kingdom 2003, 2006
    Boardwalk 2005 & 2008,
    Wilderness Lodge 2009,
    Disney Fantasy 2012,
    Pop Century 2014
    Wilderness Cabins 2018

Post Thanks / Like

It's about a twelve hour drive for us to get there, so we are usually arriving in the late evening. As soon as we get checked in to our resort, we usually hop on a boat or bus and go to the Magic Kingdom. Since it's usually a couple of hours before closing, we can knock out a few rides with no problem. As soon as we step foot in the MK, the howling wolf at the Haunted Mansion draws us to it first.
    Summer 1990-Polynesian<br />Summer 1995-Wilderness Lodge<br />Summer 1998-Grand Floridian<br />Summer 2003-Port Orleans Riverside<br />Christmas 2003-All Stars Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: