Quantcast PolyGirl40’s Escape From New York; The 2002 Sequel -- Day Ten & Summary - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Carol, thanks for the great reports! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

As you well know, the only cure for the "last day blues" is to set a date for your next trip! ... So when are you going again?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Wow Carol!!! I just got through reading through all of your trip reports and it sounds like you had a great time other than the luggage mess-up [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] . Reading your report made me a bit jealous though...we still have 3 months to wait
    Oh BTW... [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] Welcome Home!!!!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    <b>Shaughaan</b> <i>yup that's "Shawn"</i><br /><b>Keeper/Feeder of the Carnivorous Chickadees</b><br />Next up...<br />Vacation Home:11/26-12/2 AKL:12/2-12/7 WL:12/7-12/17/02<br />If you want a pretty fire, ya gotta burn a Doll!<br /><i>I wanna be a Starfleet captain...</i><br />God has given me a mind that I will use from time to time<br />And I got more on my head than what's made by Paul Mitchell

OrlandoDisney Guest

Well i am just curious...how long are you going to stay in WDW.....lol

I hope your having a good trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by hatecoldweather:
    I waited for the final day to write but I wanted to tell you I really enjoyed hearing of your family trip. Did I miss where you post your photos? I would love to see them and make the connection now that I know your family. Thanks again.
    If you click on PolyGirl40's profile ICON, you'll find a link within that will hook you up with some great pictures!
    Proud mom to Monorail_Red and goofhook and DD Jenn!
    Proud member of the magical Disney Parks Moms Panel family.

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

GREAT trip reports [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I enjoyed reading them!! Thanks so much for sharing!
    I also enjoyed your pictures....they're great!! May I ask what kind of camera you used?? Actually, that's a question from my husband...he's recently gotten into photography. He wanted me to ask what kind of camera and what kind of film.

Thanks again for the great trip reports...... [img]graemlins/mike.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone. Your comments are greatly appreciated. It’s nice to see/hear so many responses. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My next trip will not be until next year. I’m really going to try and arrange a trip around Christmas. It has always been my desire to see everything available for the holidays. I’m not quite sure if my schedule will allow - but that is the plan. [img]smile.gif[/img]

AbbyabbyAbby -- No film. I have a digital camera. An Olympus D490 Zoom. My husband bought it for me last year for Christmas. I love it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response...I thought it was a digital, but he said it couldn't be the pictures were too good. I can't wait to tell him I was right!! Thanks! [img]graemlins/mike.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

you mentioned you did not like the sink setup at AKL because it was outside the bath. Are not some of the rooms at the Polyesian the same way? Seems it was the newer buildings.

Post Thanks / Like

Sammie - The sinks are in the same room as the tub and toilet at the Polynesian. The only difference between the new and original buildings - are the sink totals. There are two sinks in the newer longhouses. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished reading your reports, Carol. Nice job! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] You are a great writer and included tons of good information. Glad you had such a good vacation. Hurry back!
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

I'm rarely able to get on the boards much anymore, but I'm so glad I was able to read your report -- it was wonderful!! Now I have to go back and read about the other nine days!!

By the way, have you started petitioning Disney for DVC at the Poly yet?
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great Trip Report and Great Photos. Thanks for sharing with all of us. I'll definitly be sure to take some of your suggestions along with us on our trip in May!

Glad to hear you had such a great time with your family. That is "Disney Magic".
    "I'm a hound dawg... WOOOOWOOOOWOOOOO!!"

Dawn Guest

No more Carol reports. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

And your photos made me go all behind schedule at work

Thanks [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Carol for reliving the memories. Each one of your reports has been so highly descriptive and informative, and I have enjoyed reading them immensely. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Martin

Previous visits - 4 Off site, then
    Dec 2006 POFQ (Loved it!)
    Aug 2008 POFQ 14 Days
    Aug 2011 Saratoga Springs
    Sept 2015 Saratoga Springs - getting close now

When hinges creak, in doorless chambers. And strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.....

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, It is always a pleasure to read your trip reports. It provides me a "little" escape from reality and gets me excited for my trip this June. I will be lighting another WDW "fire" this June with my new baby boy. He will be five months old in June and I can't wait to share the magic with him. I can't wait to carry him down Main St. for the first time as I did Peyton. Again, thanks for the little dose of magic that you provided through your trip report.
    Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas! --WDW Monorail

"No matter how the wind howls, a mountain cannot bow to it." --The Emperor, Mulan

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks for sharing your trip with us, it sounds wonderful, and now you have lots of happy memories! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

I was sorry to see all your updates end, they were fun to read
    Sheryl <br /><br />1982 - Polynesian Resort<br />1990 - Polynesian Resort<br />2001 - off site <br />April 2002 - All Star Movies <br />-----------<br /><br />Detroit Red Wings RULE!

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, your reports were so great, you really know how to put that magic in your reports! Thanks for sharing [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first time posting here and HOW FUN it has been to read the story of your 2002 DW vacation! I've not moved and I very well may need a shoe horn to aid in removing me from this chair! I've not stopped drooling (am competing with my teething 9 month old). THANK YOU for really putting me in the spirit. I am now more anxious than ever to embark on my own little adventure.

We are also flying out of Hartford, CT this coming Sunday. Staying one mile outside of Disney at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. I took my daughter to Disney last Spring too, but it was an exhausting trip. She was 20 months old and I was 7 months pregnant, journeying without my husband and with my disabled friend. Of course my daughter doesn't remember last years magic, so we are all looking forward to her reaction.

Has the Lion King show already closed? My daughter really enjoyed that last year and that was BEFORE she'd even seen the movie. Now she's obsessed with the movie. Dang!

Again, thanks for sharing all the details!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that we experienced the same luggage problem last year. A couple pieces ended up in NC and 3 days later we finally were able to obtain them. Unfortunately one of the pieces was full of our souvenirs and in all the shuffling, a couple things broke.

Tammy [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

I’m thrilled you posted for the first time in my thread. Thank you so much for the kind words.

Originally posted by Young-at-Heart:
    Has the Lion King show already closed?
    Yes it has. Sorry - Have you seen the Lion King Show at Animal Kingdom? It's wonderful.
    INTERCOT Management Team

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: