Quantcast I dont think i have enough money....HELP!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I have a family of 4....(one's 2 doesnt eat very much)
    Unexpected things happened after already planning everything....(doesnt it always [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] )
    I'm only going to have almost $600 for food and souvenirs and i think ive read up on and got all the money saving things i could!
    Someone from experience, please tell me if I'm going to be on a street corner begging for change to feed my kids...
    or if its not bad at all cuz i dont have a clue
    Thanks guys......leaving tomorrow SO UNORGANIZED!!
    "Think, Think, Think!!"<br />"I hear a rumbly in my tumbly."<br /><br />FEB. 2003 - ASMO'S/MIGHTY DUCKS<br />FEB. 2004 - PLANNING....CAN'T WAIT!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

1) If you are staying for two days, you have plenty.
    2) If you are staying for 15 days, you're eating bread and water at the end.

3) If you are planning upon toaster-popups and PB&J, you're have plenty.
    4) If you have character meals every day, wear costumes and beg the audience.

5) If you eat at Mickey-D's each night, you have enough.
    6) If you eat at EPCOT sit-downs every night, you'll be washing dishes.

Seriously, the amount you have could be generous or woefully short. It all depends upon the length of your stay and eating habits. With more info, we might be able to help. Nothing worse than seeing Mom and 2-kids standing outside the turnstiles begging for money for Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast.

[ February 10, 2003, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: TheRustyScupper ]
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on how long you are staying...$600.00 is not a lot of money because there are many little things that "pop" up at Disney...souviners, bottles of water, munchies, etc...you probably can make do with that amount if you eat smart...take advantage of the food courts (if you are staying in a resort that offers them) and the buffet style restaurants-you can get the most for your money...also, eat a big breakfast, a lite lunch and a good size dinner...that way everyone gets full in the morning-before you attack the parks-and in the evening-when you need more energy to make it to the end of the day. Another thing we have done in the past is set a daily limit on souviners ($5-$10 per day) and allow the kids to get one "big" souvie the last day we are there. This way the kids get to see all that the parks have to offer (in the way of souvies) before making their decision. Try to stay away from impulse buying...that's the stuff that can really add up!! Good luck-have fun and remember there is only so much you can do with what you have set aside for the trip!
    ~When you wish upon a star...make no difference who you are...when you wish upon a star, your dreams do come true~

NEXT VISIT APRIL 2007!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Money saving ideas -

1) Run to Wal*Mart (or similar store). Buy a $1.50 styrofoam cooler, and some milk (and cereal), yogurt, fruit, lunchmeat whatever suits you. Use ice from the ice machine to fill the cooler. You can save $$ on breakfast, or snacks.

2) food court breakfast isn't priced bad.

3) We would usually eat breakfast in the room. Once we got busy in the park, we didn't think about lunch until 3 or 4. So a late lunch at a stand up place, then we'd be set until we got back to the room (and the cooler).

4) Avoid sit down restaurants. Doesn't mean you will suffer meal wise. But watch where you eat at the other places too. I had a very good supper at Cantina De San Angel (walk up located in Mexico in Epcot) and the prices weren't that bad.

5) Set a daily budget. Better to have some food everyday, that run out because you ate too good for a couple of days.

6) Someone mentioned McD's. If you must, make sure you get out of WDW. There's a McD's on the roads in WDW. I went there expecting McD prices. Surprise, WDW prices for McD food.

7) If you have a car, there are cheap buffets all over Orlando. They may not be the best food, but you'll get full.

8) The price of a pizza may not seem as bad if you figure it feeds the whole family.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Thanks everyone for your advise. Hopefully i'll do ok...actually I HAVE TO!!! LOL
    does anyone know how you cancel the fridge at disney or can i just go there and say i dont want it?
    I knew i shouldnt have gotten it in the first place but i have a toddler with ba ba's! lots'o'milk!
    i do have a LOT of coupons and a couple $25 gc's to restaurants. At the mc'd's down there kids eat free w/paying adult (just incase noone knew that) with coupon online BTW.
    Well thanks everyone again!

HOPE WALMART IS OPEN 24 HOURS!!! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    "Think, Think, Think!!"<br />"I hear a rumbly in my tumbly."<br /><br />FEB. 2003 - ASMO'S/MIGHTY DUCKS<br />FEB. 2004 - PLANNING....CAN'T WAIT!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked one of your previous posts and you said that you would be there from the 12th-22nd, for that length of time $600 is not very much money, the other posts have given some great money saving ideas and you should certainly think about using them, especially having breakfast items and snacks in your room. I usually divide whatever money I have into daily allotments so that I don't overspend, then if any is leftover at the end of the day, I divide it up among the remaining days.

Hope this has been of some help to you.

Have a magical time!!!!! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    "It's going to be Walt Disney World, so people will always know that this was Walt's dream." - Roy Disney

Off-Site 5x
    ASMu 2x
    AlSMo 1x
    PC 3x
    POR 3x
    POFQ 2x
    CBR 2x
    CSR 1x
    WL 4x
    AKL 3x
    Y&BC 2x
    BWI 3x
    Polynesian 1x
    GF 2x

Post Thanks / Like

We were going to rent a rfridge but $10 per night gets high. I got a folding cooler with wheels ($24 at Target) and plan to fill freezer bags with ice in the evenings/mornings. I plan to check this bag with items inside like kool-aid powder, granola bars, etc.. It is big enough for 54 cans (hold 2 gallons of milk +). This act alone should save money.Bring your own autgraph book & pen. Tell them no trinkets until last day so they can pick the one they really like. Try to request coffee maker- can create groumet can o soup/instant oatmeal with hot water
    All Star Music, March 2002
    Contemporary, Feb 2003
    SOG Dec 2006
    Pop Century April 2007
    SOG June 2009-Star Wars Weekend
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek Sept 2011-first time off-site
    Sheraton Vistana Dec 2013-second time off-site

Wyndham Anaheim Disneyland 2015-First Disneyland[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Okay 600$ dived by 10 days is $60 a day.
    I would definitely buy a collapsible cooler (we got one for around 15$) with wheels. Fill it with ice every night and it should stay cool all day for the milk.
    Buy snacks, milk, etc off site. Those things can be expensive in wdw. A trip to wal-mart is a definite. Stock up snack, breakfast food, lunchmeat or p&j. You can use the microwave and toaster ovens in the food courts if needed.
    If you want to try a character meal or two I would cut back on some days and eat from you own supplies (eat breakfast in room, head to room for mid day break and lunch, bring snacks, eat dinner in room) . It's really the little things at wdw, like snacks and water which can add up without you knowing it.
    I would budget carefully and have an exact amt for each day. It should be enough if you budget though you won't be eating at any sit down restaurants other than 1 or 2.
    Check out the menus here at intercot and other places for ideas on prices. Remember though prices do vary a bit so be ready. Keep extra cash back for emergency (I always like to keep emergency cash)
    Also as suggested hold out a few dollars for souvenirs and have everyone buy it on the last day (so they will have looked around and can get what they really want)
    Good Luck

[ February 11, 2003, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Katmegali ]
    ~~The Brat~~

Adults are obsolete children. -- Dr. Seuss
    In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.
    My reality has become warped!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

HOPE WALMART IS OPEN 24 HOURS!!!
    Not only is it open, it was surpisingly busy at 2 a.m. We went to the WM on 192 in Kissimee, at like 2 or 2:30 one night, and the place was packed.

Another money saver, avoid pop/soda. Bring a refillable bottle and drink water, it's free. And the soft drinks do not rehydrate you enough, you need water anyway. And water is free.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I had originally ordered the in room fridge, then I found a soft cooler at Wal-Mart. It will fold flat in my luggage, then I can use ice from the resort to fill it. I also have a little one who still drinks from a bottle, I will save 106.00 on the fridge! Good luck. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: