Quantcast WDW TFS (Tired Feet Syndrome) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

My feet and calves were so sore on our last trip. since we are driving down next week I am taking a small rectangular pail perfect for a foot soak in the hotel room!

I rarely buy Avon but I noticed in a recent book they have a citrus foot soak, I have purchased the foot soak and lotion; they should arrive just in time for my trip next week!

I also noticed in the Avon book that they have an inflatable 'bath' that is portable and would hardly take up any room - it would be perfect for someone who is flying!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's time for this one again

badshoe.com

[ April 24, 2003, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Beast_fanatic ]
    My son is a Henry. I never had a Willie or a Sam.

Post Thanks / Like

I have experienced all of the foot problems (except breaks) known to man while at Disney World. It doesn't matter what I do, my feet hurt at the end of the day.

My remedies to relieve the discomfort are filling a zip loc bag with ice for my feet while taking over-the-counter pain relievers that decrease swelling. I also like to go to the pool at the end of the day and try to find a pump in the bottom that acts as a massager for my tired feet. A swim always helps with all muscles problems.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

We made it a habit to massage each other's feet every night before bed using some peppermint foot lotion. The kids got a big kick out of it (no pun intended!) and it really helped the soreness. Also, Birkenstocks - all the way! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    DL '89<br />DL '00<br />DL '01<br />WDW - All Star Movies '02<br />DL '03<br />WDW '04 - Can't Wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

A good pair of walking shoes is essential. The shoes should be about halfway worn out, so your feet and the shoes are well adjusted to each other. You should have two pair, alternating between them each day. When you shower or bathe, dry your feet thoroughly and generously sprinkle on the foot powder.

When you go back to the room for a midday break, change your socks. It makes a world of difference to put on fresh, dry socks.

Tim

[ April 24, 2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: cloudcroft ]
    May 1993 - off property<br />May 2003 - FW 900 Loop

Post Thanks / Like

Our big family group has never had blisters. Tired feet and legs but not - touch wood - blisters. We have folks who like sneakers, flip flops, Hush Puppies, and just about everything you can think of. Cotton socks and wicking socks and no socks. I don't know why we have no blisters unless it is because we take a midday break and most folks go swimming. In the 'ain't no justice' department, our son buys new shoes right before we leave and never has blisters. Some folks are just lucky, I guess.

Along with J.C.&Ali's Mom and WDW Rookie, I am a Birkenstock fan. This last trip I wore my Birks all day, every day. Just regular Arizona sandals. I had sent them in for recrafting in October and our trip was in December, so they were broken in but corks were still springy.

On previous trips I had tried really good walking shoes and had such bad leg pain I couldn't sleep. This last trip I figured the Birks couldn't hurt. And they didn't. It was one of the most enjoyable trips - foot wise. [img]smile.gif[/img] I have wide feet that are high volume - high arches and thick through the arch area. My flat arch-low volume husband doesn't care to wear his Birkenstocks when doing that much walking.

I also put either an extra pillow or a folded blanket under the mattress to raise my feet. On previous trips I would take plenty of ibuprofen and iced tea. That seemed to help. I have also found a really good massage from rolling my foot back and forth on the shampoo, lotion, & conditioner bottles that are supplied in the resort rooms. They really make a foot feel good, once you get the hang of keeping them together. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

This last trip I did have hurty feet after being at Blizzard Beach all day. Next time I hope to find something better than water shoes to walk around a water park all day. Either that or don't plan an evening at Epcot afterwards.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Hearing about the Birkenstocks for the first time. I was wondering where can I shop for these great sounding shoes? I too have the wide, high arch and so on, feet. It is so hard to find shoes that fit good.
    Off Property--Aug.1978
    Fort Willderness Campground--April 1997 & May 2000
    Port Orleans French Quarter--July 2002 & July 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Vic, I bought my first pair of Birks at the Navy Exchange in San Diego, 6 or 7 years ago. And my second pair, maybe a year later. Still wear them.

You can do a search on the internet for Birkenstock. I have bought from, and had my first two pairs recrafted, at Birkenstock Central, in Connecticut. Mailed my shoes in and they were back in less than 3 weeks. Have also bought Birkenstocks from Sierra Trading Post, by mail.

They are expensive and some folks think ugly, but I don't care what my shoes look like as long as my feet are happy. I have 4 pairs that I wear regularly and haven't bought any new ones in several years. Perhaps the price per year makes them worth it.

I still like to drool over the catalog.

Maybe the other Birks fans will post where they get theirs from.

Jan

singermom4 Guest

Most major shoe stores carry Birkenstocks. While they are not cheap, they are not as expensive as some other makes. The start at around $70.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I have bought mine in different places, but the catalog has the best selection. I would also check QVC.com. They show them sometimes on air and I have seem some pairs priced around $60. Some styles fit my feet better than others. I would suggest that your first Birkenstock purchase be a pair that has adjustable straps and you must wear them for a while before they are really broken in.
    Poly: 00, 03 x 2, 04, 05, 07 x 2, 09 x 2, 10, 11
    CR: 01, 02 x 2, 04, 06 x 2, 10, 11, 12
    GF: 01, 04
    F.W. Cabin: 07
    S/D: 01, 02 x 2, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09
    WL: 16
    POR: 14, 15
    DLR: 08, 13

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much everybody! I will do a search, look for them at QVC and also at a local shoe store. I hope I can find a pair in a shoe store so I can try them on.
    I agree Jan! As long as my feet are happy who cares if thier not so attractive.
    Off Property--Aug.1978
    Fort Willderness Campground--April 1997 & May 2000
    Port Orleans French Quarter--July 2002 & July 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Walking for long hours in the heat can be painful and extremly annoying but I love being in Disney World so much that the long hours of walking and the heat doesn't really bother me that much.Plus as soon as I get back to the hotel I sleep like a baby! Nothing can heal you faster like some good [img]graemlins/sleepin.gif[/img] So its all worth it to me!

Post Thanks / Like

I would also jump on the bandwagon that says lots of walking before you arrive is a real plus so your body is used to it is a real plus. The other major thing I swear by as many others have said is taking more than one pair of shoes along and switching out each day. That way your feet won't rub in the spot the same way each day.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: