Quantcast What snacks/food can you bring in to the parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Our 1st visit to Florida & WDW is 10 days away! What snacks or foods are permitted to bring into the parks? Snack bars, juice, water bottles, fruit? Want to save $$ where we can. I've learned so much from Intercot in the last 6 mos - thanks to all!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Last trip was in October 04/ My sister & I travel with all of our kids (3 total) at least once a year. We take backpacks with snacks like cereal in ziplock bags/crackers/trail mix/ candy (nooo chocolate-trust me!!) drinks and frozen bottled water. Even at the search kiosk, we haven't had any problems bringing anything in.
    I have seen some families with the softsided coolers with rollers on them dragging them all over Epcot with no problems from cast members.

One small tip--if you wrap the frozen water/juice boxes in a small hand towel or wash cloth it will catch the moisture as they thaw plus you have a cool, damp towel to use if needed>

Post Thanks / Like

WE WENT LAST YEAR AND WE BROUGHT SNACKS EACH DAY IN A BACK PACK THAT ALSO HAS THE COOLER IN THE BOTTOM, THIS WAS NICE. WE CARRIED IT,TOOK TURNS. BROUGHT THE GIRLS(4&7) PB& J'S ,PRINGLE SINGLES,DUNKAROOS,APPLES,AND DON'T FORGET THE GUM,NO PARKS SELL IT! OUR BAGS WERE CHECKED EACH TIME, AND WE WERE NEVER TOLD WE COULDN'T BRING IN THEIR SNACKS!
    ENJOY [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I usually stop at a grocery store and pick up bottled water, granola bars, cheez-its, etc. I bring several of the snack bag size ziplocs, and then we only carry what we need. Of course, that still doesn't stop us from buying the ice cream Mickey Ears! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

We would bring in a lot of what has already been mentioned. We would use our baby cooler (meant for bottles) with the Squeez-its and also small fruit cups...we would just bring along plastic spoons and toss them when we were finished. They were a nice change from the typical snacks (not to mention...I felt like it was about the most 'healthy' thing we ate that week!! [img]redface.gif[/img] Does that make me a bad mom? ).
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Last year i bought a large softsided ice chest"hot pink"and filled it up with drinks and snacks.Rented a stroller to cart the kids and the ice chest fit in the back.The only problem i had was my husband had to carry the bag into the park and all i heard was "i can't believe you bought a pink bag".This year he went out and bought a camaflauge one for our trip in Feb.
    GRUMPYMOMOF3

Post Thanks / Like

It's fine to bring in snacks and water, etc. As far as coolers, they're allowed too, but they are supposed to be able to be carried by one person in one-hand (and you aren't supposed to be able to bring in rolling ones (trip hazard) but they do slip through).

You're not allowed to bring in glass containers or alcoholic beverages.
    Rhonda

Vacation Dad Guest

I wouldn't recommend anything you can't keep from spoiling. You can stash a soft cooler in a locker and retrieve it in the afternoon for lunch or replenish your snack supply. Just don't overburden yourself with a load. No one will want to carry it all day.

First trip huh? Nothing like the wonder and excitement of your very first visit, except the anticipation of returning. [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

we bring water bottles in that we buy at the store. my DH is a diet MT DEW drinker and nothing else so we bring that in too. we bring in snacks that do not melt like with choc in them.

Post Thanks / Like

We brought lots of (plastic) bottles of water, crackers etc. And PEPSI, I don't care for Coke. We also had a softsided cooler on wheels that we put in one of the large lockers. We had plastic baggies with ice in them to keep the water and Pepsi at least semi cold. We had no problems going through security. But we also didn't drag the cooler around the park. We'd just go back and restock as needed. Have a wonderful time.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

On one of our trips we called WDW and asked about bringing in the cooler on wheels and we were told that yes, you are allowed to bring in a cooler or other type of pack for carrying food around and it can be on wheels. My mother always comes with us and she is the pusher/puller of the "bag on wheels". The first time we used it for drinks and snacks. The last two times we used it we didn't bring any food into the parks, but we did use it as a diaper bag and a place to put our coats during the warmer parts of the day. It came in handy when we had 3 adult coats, 3 children's coats, diapers, wipes, rain coats, ponchos, etc. It is also a good place to put park purchases when you don't want it sent back to your room. We have never had any problems with the CM's about having it in the parks. And we did get the OK when we called and asked about it. As long as you have someone in your party like my mother, who dosen't mind pushing/pulling it around it is great to have. You don't have to waste time or money using a locker.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: