Quantcast Disney World 2005 Vacation Planning Video - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I received mine today- we were all so excited! We sat down (me DH and DD) and to be honest, I was a little letdown!See we have never been and am planning our first trip over Christmas. We were looking for a bit more about the parks and to be honest, they all just moved around way to fast! My DH said he thought they all acted like maybe they all had a sugar buzz or something? We tried to use the planning video tonight and it doesnt work with aol when you try to access the internet-Aol claims it cant open the files they are too large--After all the hype we are disappointed to say the least.
    Does anyone know if we can get a copy of last yrs anywhere? Thanks--Lucinda

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I ordered the new one, and got last year's also. Perhaps they've read everyone's comments and pulled the new one??? [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

OK this is one of those where I got to hold myself back.

This dvd is to me a perfect example of how the Walt Disney company is forgeting that its called the WALT DISNEY company. First off, we get a a female bimbo host. In which to me looked like her bra straps were showing. Maybye that was just me. Anyways Mr.Disney was always making sure that any promotional piece sent to the mass media and public advertising his parks, was hosted by a castmember to my knowllage. Lately as Iam sure you all have noticed it seems that the company has been going downhill. Theres the Savedisney.com campain and many others. Now Iam not really on etheir side. I just belive that the company needs to expand and grow but yet keep the vision of Walt had in mind. Even with the fast paced world we live in today, a video like this should have never been made. We have a "Teenager" representitve of all the thrill rides. I mean Disney give me a break, you all are so key on keeping your castmembers Immaculate and you cant even get that kid a hair cut. People please dont try and explain to me that thats a style, because Iam a 16 year old guy and thats not style. Thats I just woke up out of bed. By the way has anyone noticed that the female host could not say anything other than awesome. Then we have that guy that was supposed the be the comic relief and he was more of acting like he was bored all the time. The when he went all around world showcase he drank and then he acted like he had a hang over. Iam 16, I dont drink, and I dont even buy the fact he was "sleeping" on the video. He was acting drunk. From Disney thats just rediculous. I mean sure you all including me are sick of hearing the Mom on the old planing videos say "And my daughter cried". But I would take that over this stuff any day. Look at the facts folks, Disney changes the Tv in the rooms with Krista and take matt of the monorails, put stitch in Alien Encounter and make it Stich Escape, and Now they try and make the vaction planning videos "hip". Disney is a place that stands for timeless wonder and classic childhood memories. Not teenagers trying to get wild with bed hed, and dumb women who think they "Know" how to do Walt Disney Word. I tell you what they should do, get some of the annual passholders and get them to do a video(because AP's dont get much other rights anymore). I gaureentee you they would make one with the heart and soul of a childs heart that WALT wanted.

Oh yes and another thing,Someone explain to me why that teenage kid interviewed that Punk kid in MGM studios section of the video when up until the late 70's anyone with the punk look was denied at the gates of Disneyland. And theres a Famous picture and its on Ebay alot of several punk girls doing obsence gestures directly at the Disneyland sign. Why as Disney stooped to Inteviewing punk kids with mohawks and not your AMERICAN family.

On a final note, last time I check Walt Disney World was a family place. WHERE WAS THE FAMILY ON THIS VIDEO???????

Disney stands out from all the other theme parks, Six Flags, Universal, Sea world, and Bush Gardens. And they do it by being a "Family" place not a place that Aims for teenage sillyness and overpaid perky women.

Just trying to keep Disney the way Walt would want it, to the best of my obility.

Surely someone who belongs to Intercot, belives Disney can still be that wholesome place it always has been

Kingdisney.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by kingdisney:
    OK this is one of those where I got to hold myself back.

This dvd is to me a perfect example of how the Walt Disney company is forgeting that its called the WALT DISNEY company. First off, we get a a female bimbo host. In which to me looked like her bra straps were showing. Maybye that was just me. Anyways Mr.Disney was always making sure that any promotional piece sent to the mass media and public advertising his parks, was hosted by a castmember to my knowllage. Lately as Iam sure you all have noticed it seems that the company has been going downhill. Theres the Savedisney.com campain and many others. Now Iam not really on etheir side. I just belive that the company needs to expand and grow but yet keep the vision of Walt had in mind. Even with the fast paced world we live in today, a video like this should have never been made. We have a "Teenager" representitve of all the thrill rides. I mean Disney give me a break, you all are so key on keeping your castmembers Immaculate and you cant even get that kid a hair cut. People please dont try and explain to me that thats a style, because Iam a 16 year old guy and thats not style. Thats I just woke up out of bed. By the way has anyone noticed that the female host could not say anything other than awesome. Then we have that guy that was supposed the be the comic relief and he was more of acting like he was bored all the time. The when he went all around world showcase he drank and then he acted like he had a hang over. Iam 16, I dont drink, and I dont even buy the fact he was "sleeping" on the video. He was acting drunk. From Disney thats just rediculous. I mean sure you all including me are sick of hearing the Mom on the old planing videos say "And my daughter cried". But I would take that over this stuff any day. Look at the facts folks, Disney changes the Tv in the rooms with Krista and take matt of the monorails, put stitch in Alien Encounter and make it Stich Escape, and Now they try and make the vaction planning videos "hip". Disney is a place that stands for timeless wonder and classic childhood memories. Not teenagers trying to get wild with bed hed, and dumb women who think they "Know" how to do Walt Disney Word. I tell you what they should do, get some of the annual passholders and get them to do a video(because AP's dont get much other rights anymore). I gaureentee you they would make one with the heart and soul of a childs heart that WALT wanted.

Oh yes and another thing,Someone explain to me why that teenage kid interviewed that Punk kid in MGM studios section of the video when up until the late 70's anyone with the punk look was denied at the gates of Disneyland. And theres a Famous picture and its on Ebay alot of several punk girls doing obsence gestures directly at the Disneyland sign. Why as Disney stooped to Inteviewing punk kids with mohawks and not your AMERICAN family.

On a final note, last time I check Walt Disney World was a family place. WHERE WAS THE FAMILY ON THIS VIDEO???????

Disney stands out from all the other theme parks, Six Flags, Universal, Sea world, and Bush Gardens. And they do it by being a "Family" place not a place that Aims for teenage sillyness and overpaid perky women.

Just trying to keep Disney the way Walt would want it, to the best of my obility.

Surely someone who belongs to Intercot, belives Disney can still be that wholesome place it always has been

Kingdisney.
    So, what are you trying to say?

hehe Just kidding, I think it's awful! I'm tempted to send it back with a note, "This is garbage!". Actually, come to think of it, I think I will.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not recieved mine yet but now I am dissapointed.

I was going to use it to try and sell DH on a trip.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine yesterday and I have to agree...way too fast! Not really a lot of information, just gave me a headache. I was really looking forward to it getting my husband as excited as I am for our trip in April. Didn't really work...
    November 04 - Pop Century<br />April 05 - Pop Century - No Kids!<br />November 05 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really understand all the critisizm. How many ways can you repackage the same information year after year? Granted this dvd was not the best production Disney has put forward, but it was still enjoyable. To a family that has never visited, I believe it sells the experiance. Lets face it, it's the new visitor that these things are designed for and I believe it is a successful marketing tool. Sometimes I believe we are all too quick to focus on the negative. If you don't don't like this years, be patiant, next years is only 10 months away!

[ February 10, 2005, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Magic Fanatic ]
    "Why is the rum always gone?"
    Jun 09 - Old Key West
    Apr 08 - Disney Cruise
    Dec 07 - Ft Wilderness
    Feb 07 - Animal Kingdom
    Apr 06 - Disney Cruise
    Dec 05 - Wilderness Lodge
    Mar 05 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 04 - Car. Beach
    Aug 03 - Car. Beach
    Jun 02 - Port Orleans
    Oct 98 - All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that I really didn't care for was one of the video host. The guy that did the dining segments at Epcot was disgusting. Each time he took a bite of a new food, he shoved so much in his mouth it kept falling out. As if that is not gross enough, he answers his cell phone and talks to the person on the other end, allowing us to see everything in his mouth. [img]graemlins/ack.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sick.gif[/img] . That is one visual I hope not to remember while dining at WDW.

I haven't yet gone through all of the extra features, but what I have seen so far is not really all that bad. It's not like I had to pay for if I didn't like it anyway.

[ February 10, 2005, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: mamacon67 ]
    Sharon
    * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * *~ ~ * * ~

Get me there soon or I might just go nuts!

1981 - Polynesian

2002- Wilderness Lodge

2005 - Port Orleans Riverside

2010 - POP Century

2017 in the works

Post Thanks / Like

I also got mine yesterday, and was not happy with it. The female hostess was another Samantha Brown wannabee. I really like Sam, but she's an original and can't be duplicated.

Yes, the guys were almost disgusting, and there wasn't enough park previews - it was more about "them" - WAY MORE !!!!!

Last years was one of the best. We've been there enough times, that I didn't need a planning video - I just like to have the new one to add to my "sugar bowl". I feel bad for a first timer that only has this to go on. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and received it today.
    Squeaky Mouse

Too Many Trips to List (PAP holders)

Upcoming:
    Spring Break -- POP
    May -- AKL ???

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed the attempt to imitate Samantha Brown too. But there lies the big mistake. Like a great dancer, Samantha is a real talent who works very hard (including writing her own witty scripts) and thus makes it look like a walk in the park. It takes a lot more than forced mugging and "It's amazing" to be a Samantha - natural talent, a great script, and, no doubt, loads of practice at making it seem so all so natural.
    Forever let us hold our banners high
    Trips:
    78, 85 - Holiday Inn Main Gate
    86 - Days Inn International Drive
    87, 88 - Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00 - Fort Wilderness Homes
    Dec 02 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    2009-2010 Disneyland, Paradise Pier and Candy Cane Inn

Post Thanks / Like

There is so much DVD controversy! I am excited to get mine - but i'm canadian so disney will probably just send me a recycled old version
    A dream is a wish your heart makes

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by princess_lorbie_white:
    There is so much DVD controversy! I am excited to get mine - but i'm canadian so disney will probably just send me a recycled old version
    Yeah, you are one of the lucky ones...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: