Quantcast Odd things you pack...and why... - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

A bottle of spirits for pre-PI parties.

Laundry detergent pellets.

My own coffee for coffee machine in mornings.

Everything else fits into a giant back-pack no matter if Im staying for a long weekend or 2 weeks. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    My fiancee and I met while working at Walt Disney World in Feb 2003. I was on the CP and he worked in the UK Pavilion @ EPCOT. We are getting married July 28, 2005 and hope to move back to Orlando after the wedding.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...these are all fabulous ideas!!

Does anyone have a packing list they are willing to share? I don't have one and by the posts here, most people do!
    "...Every hour spent together, stays within my heart..."

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked out the list on Info Central?
    It's under Misc. (what to pack)
    Enjoy your day!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to add also that we take a very, very small bottle of liquid dishsoap. that way is if we need to wash something, sometimes you will be suprised, we have it.

Post Thanks / Like

I emailed the makers of Wisk tablets the other day and they said they are discontinued. I haven't seen th ePurex ones in along time either. Darn...i loved taking those on trips. dn

Post Thanks / Like

My first is a non-practical item, but it's a little Disney Trip Tradition I have:

Before I leave home, I go to Bath and Body Works and pick out a bottle of lotion. I'll try to find something with a citrus or herbal name, because these are my favorite types of scents. However, I don't open it--not even to test it out in the store. I wait until I get to WDW, then I use that lotion during my entire trip. After I get home, I can use that lotion and instantly get a little "sniff" of Disney. They do say, after all, that the sense of smell is the one most strongly connected to memory! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

On the practical side: a roll of quarters for laundry, Purex laundry tablets, and earplugs because DH snores.

[ March 25, 2005, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Boojum ]
    1992...off site
    1996...Dixie Landings
    1997...off site
    2000...Dixie Landings
    2002...Wilderness Lodge
    2004...POR
    2004...POFQ
    2005...15th anniversary!
    2007...October trip with the DD's!
    2008.. October trip! Woooohoooo!!
    2010...April trip! DD's are marching in the MK!

War Eagle!

Post Thanks / Like

just recieved a reply to a question I sent tide corp and they stated that they no longer produce the laundry pellets but if there were plenty of people that put in a request for it they would concider bringing it back to the store shelves. so those of us who travel and need that extra space when we pack and do do laundry while on vacation e mail them with the idea that to bring the pellets back.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by faline:
    I always pack a small flashlight. You never know when you might need it! (I've even used it to read the menu at San Angel Inn and on the patio at the Rose n Crown!)
    Me too a flashlight...but for a different reason. My little DD gets a bit spooked in dark rides and theaters and her little flashlight helps her to be less fearful. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

We bring ziploc bags for all of the above reasons. But, bring a big one if you have a fairly large camcorder. It helps to waterproof it a little bit when on Splash Mountain or the River ride at Animal Kingdom.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Clothespins- I pin the housekeeper's tip to the mirror, or somewhere around the sink, they do such a great job! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Also, I have a small fridge that I got at JC Penney years ago just big enough for 6 cans of coke(POP to everyone who isn't Southern ) or a quart of milk.

Finally, a lady posted years ago that she packed an old Polaroid camera to photograph her children each morning so that she would have a RECENT photo should they be separated AND CM's would know exactly what the child was wearing THAT day.
    I don't even have children, but I thought that was the smartest idea ever! Imagine looking for a child that you don't know in a sea of people that look alike. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by sainter:
    I bring a night light so no one stumbles in an unfamiliar room, but it is not so bright as to keep anyone awake.
    Great idea. On a recent trip when returning to bed from a trip to the bathroom I thought I had the room layout memorized. It was a real surprise when I walked straight on and full speed into the entertainment center. I ended up flat on my back and sore for a couple days.
    Mar.1982 - Offsite hotel
    Dec 86 - Offsite campground
    Dec 93 - Contemporary
    Oct 04 - Vistana Resort
    May 05 - Fort Wilderness Campground
    Dec 05 - Coronado Springs
    May 06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan 07 - Beach Club Villas
    Nov 07 - Old Key West
    Oct 08 - Saratoga Springs
    Jan 09 - Pop Century

Share This Thread On Social Media: