Quantcast Night Before You Leave

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just for fun ... what does everyone do the night before you leave for WDW? Do you simply pack or do you do a special, fun dinner or watch a Disney movie? This time, the night before we leave is my birthday and wedding anniversary, so it's going to be fun! Can't wait! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just pack..that's usually it's own adventure -I always try to fit everything into carry on luggage-. I really just try NOT to think about it because if I do, I'll be so excited I can't sleep. like a little kid on christmas, I tell ymself the sooner I get to sleep, the sooner I'll be there!
    Jan 8-12'03 - ASMusic - First Trip Ever- Dream come true!!!!
    Jan 6-11 '04 - ASMusic - HE PROPOSED!!!!!!!June 5-10, 2004- POFQ - Hot as Hades!
    Nov 25-Dec 1 '07 - ASMusic - MVMCP, CP, Osbourne !!!! BEST time of year
    Oct 19-24 '08- PopC MNSSHP, F&W
    Dec 4-11 '11 PopC Honeymoon!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Usually I am running around like crazy trying to finish packing for all 5 of us, but this year I am determined to be done early because the night before we leave is Thanksgiving and I want to calmly enjoy the day. I only hope that someone else cooks this year!
    Kathy

Next Trip Nov. 3-Nov. 12 private villa
    Nov 2005 off property
    May 2003 off property
    May 2002 off property
    June 1982 off property
    June 1973 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

I usually finish my last minute packing. The majority is already done, but you always have those items you think of once you thought you were all done. Then I try to get at least a little sleep.
    This year, we are going in Dec. I work a second job, so I won't get out of work until about 1030pm.And that's after starting the first job at 8am. And I'll have to be up at about 4am the following morning to get to the airport on time. And I can't sleep on planes, so I'll be tired by the time we get to Orlando. But I'll be going to WDW so I'm sure I can suffer through it.
    LOL
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We spend the night at a hotel near the airport. We do a "Park-Sleep-Fly". We can leave our car at the hotel for the 8 days with no extra charge and they shuttle us to and from the airport. [img]smile.gif[/img]

We have a 7am flight so it's nice not having to get up in the middle of the night.

Not that we'll sleep much. We're terrible about sleeping the night before vacation!
    It's JUNE!!!<br /><br />Is it Saturday yet???

Post Thanks / Like

Last minute packing & double checking the TO DO list --
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Finish packing, then try to get the kids to go to sleep, then try in vain to go to sleep myself !
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Southern New Jersey ( only 1024 miles away )
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

last minute packing of our motorhome, trying to figure out what we forgot,, making sure we do not forget our d.s... d.d.. dear mother in law,,
    [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[ May 16, 2005, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: mickey98 ]
    1973,76,78,79,81,82 Off Site
    1994,96,97- ASSP
    1996,97- CBR
    1998- DCL-MAGIC (HONEYMOON)
    1999- ASMV
    2004- DCL-WONDER
    2005- CSR
    2002,03,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13, 14 F.W.
    2008-DCL WONDER (Double Dip)
    2010 DCL WONDER
    2013 DCL DREAM
    º ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Next Trip: F.W. December 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Since we have an early flight, we will be staying at a hotel the night before (was not an easy task to find a room since Indianapolis has the Grand Prix that weekend!) But, before we leave, I double check my list to make sure everything is on it. A list will really help to remember the little odds and ends! The anticipation of Disney World is a big part of the fun! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

We fly out of Indy at 9:00 a.m. so we're staying at a hotel near the airport. I figure if the grocery getter breaks down the night before, I won't freak out like I would the day of the flight. Plus we have DDs, ages 6 & 4, on their first flight and a DW & SIL who are both scared to death of flying. The night before will be spent checking and double checking everything.

LuvNDisney

BostonChic Guest

Smile

I start packing a few days before,so I'll try to remember anything I forgot or what I need for carry-on.Put kids to sleep early.We have breakfast at the airport and usually have an 11:00a flight so we get there at around check-in.Can't wait PortOrleans(fq) [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

PixieDust288 Guest

Actually, the whole week before Disney is a blur. I honestly can't remember what I do!

Post Thanks / Like

The night before I'm usually doing last minute packing also. Plus, I try to get my house picked up because there's nothing worse then coming home to a messy home! We leave a week from Saturday and this trip I want to get packed way ahead of time! I actually started laying some of the kids clothes aside today. Unfortunately this trip the night before I'll be taking my Lab to the boarder which makes me so sad . He has to go the night before cuz we leave so early the next morning.
    ~Nance~
    DVC Members since 8/01 6/85~DI, 2/98~CBR, 1/99~OKW, 4/99~OKW, 2/00~OKW, 6/00~CBR, 1/01~VWL, 2/02~VWL, 8/02~BWV, 1/03~OKW, 3/04~VWL, 10/04~SSR, 5/05~OKW, 8/05~BCV, 3/06~SSR & BCV, 8/06~BWV & BCV, 1/07~SSR & OKW

Post Thanks / Like

When my mom and I went in 2003, we flew out on a Tuesday. That Monday, we ran around doing last minute errands ~ getting traveler's checks, doing a Wal-Mart run to get autograph books, and later in the evening, cooking and packing food so we wouldn't have to buy food at the airport in our layover city. We had a fairly early flight, so we went to bed at a decent hour. I got woke up early by my mom prowling the house because SHE couldn't sleep because SHE was so excited. So I just got up and got dressed. Took us about 15 minutes to get dressed and we sat around and looked at each other for about 10 minutes. My mom looked at me and asked 'We ready to go?' I said yes and we were out the door and on our way to the airport! It was 2:00 in the morning. We had to drop our car off at an off airport parking place. They shuttled us over to the airport and we were on our way!

Angi

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by dvc4us4:
    The night before I'm usually doing last minute packing also. Plus, I try to get my house picked up because there's nothing worse then coming home to a messy home! We leave a week from Saturday and this trip I want to get packed way ahead of time! I actually started laying some of the kids clothes aside today. Unfortunately this trip the night before I'll be taking my Lab to the boarder which makes me so sad . He has to go the night before cuz we leave so early the next morning.
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one making sure the house is in order! I HATE coming home to a lot of work. It makes it even more depressing to have to clean when you get back.

As for your Fur Baby - don't worry too much. If the kennel is anything like our, he's just pretending to hate it to get you (like a kid being left in school). Our dog actually runs for the door when we say "kennel". They spoil her rotten! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    It's JUNE!!!<br /><br />Is it Saturday yet???

Post Thanks / Like

I usually do my last minute packing. Due to my recently born twins, I am now a stay-at-home mom, so I hope to have most of this done early. Working just gets in the way of packing!!

The day before I leave I have to take my twin babies to Grandma's house to stay. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] So the night before might be a bit emotional this year.
    2004 Pop Century<br />2004 Wilderness Lodge<br />2002 All-Star Sports<br />2001 Coronado Springs<br />1996 Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

The last few years we leave Christmas Day. So you all know what I'm doing the night before. All of our packing is done on the 23rd and the truck we take is packed. We get up Christmas morning and open our gifts, eat breakfast, get dressed and leave. We leave all of the gifts on the floor so when our kids come home from vacation it's like Christmas all over again. I can take off work as much as I want so cleaning up after we get home is okay with me.

Now in WDW vacations in the past we drive all night. I will back the car on Friday and order pizza for dinner. When my DH gets home we eat and the kids get into there pj's. Then we're off!
    Too many to count-my grandparents lived in Winter Haven.
    Off site 10/95, 5/98, 12/07
    CBR 5/00, 5/01
    POFQ 5/01,12/04
    FWC 12/02
    CSR 12/03
    YC 1/05
    POR 12/05
    AKL 1/06, 1/07
    CR 1/04
    ASM 12/07
    5/02 Magic Eastern
    5/09 Magic Western

McKinney, TX (1173 miles from DisneyWorld)
    Post Thanks / Like

I almost always have my packing done already, just have to throw the bathroom stuff in the suitcase. (Toothbrush, deoderant, etc...) Who SLEEPS? I am usually so excited I just lay in bed thinking about that first day in the MK.
    "Gawrsh....I can't wait till my next trip to Disney World"

First Trip: 1982 Off Site

Last Trip: July 1st - July 11th 2019, Windsor Hills Resort

Next Trip: Disney has given me no incentive to return at this time, they've become the big money grab.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Last minute laundry. (I like to have clean sheets on the beds for when we come home.) [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Since I get up at 2:00am so that we can hit the road by 3:00am, I am sleeping the night before!

Regarding the condition of the house.. my wife always has the cleaning service come to the house the day before we leave so that the house is spotles when we come back.
    1973 - Off Site
    1979 - Contemporary Resort
    1983- Off Site
    7/1994 - Port Orleans
    6/2003 - Off Site
    3/2005 - Coronado Springs Resort (5 Nights)
    April/May 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (8 Nights)
    Nov/Dec. 2007- Boardwalk (7 Nights)
    Next Trip: Nov/Dec 2010-Yacht Club (6 Nights)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: