Quantcast Hurricane Frances Updates & News - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

At the moment, the best guess from the Hurricane Center puts Frances just a few miles North of my home on Saturday morning. The chances of Orlando suffering a direct hit as Frances moves across the state is still pretty good.

We still wanted to get a couple of last minute supplies, but the store shelves are bare already in my area. Growing up in Florida, we've been through a few of these, including Andrew. We're just hoping for the best.
    Last trip: May 26-28, 2006
    DVC Members since 2001
    "When you imagine, time becomes timeless..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We had plans to travel up there this weekend We live in s. florida and people everywhere are putting up their shutters, just in case. they still don't know WHERE this thing is gonna go.
    șoș25+ Visits!!șoș
    WDW Passholder: 4 Years
    VMK Alias: wdwMarly

Please stand clear of the doors.
    Por favor, mantenganse alejado de las puertas
    -The Monorail<

WE WANTS THE RED HEAD!!!
    -Pirates of the Caribbean

Disappear disappear! Back! Back! Over the falls!
    -Maelstrom (EPCOT)

Post Thanks / Like

I am once again setting up storm teams to assist with the Hurricane. Our storm restoration teams have been placed on standby. I have been following the news and it is looking like a rough ride. All of you that will be in the potential path of Hurricane Frances, please keep alert and take precautions.
    Nana to Brad, Alex, Dustin and Connor

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on hold with my travel agent and US Airways to get my flights and reservations moved to next weekend. Hopefully I can get everything shifted (hotel/flights/preferred seatings at character meals) [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

US Airways posted their weather alert and offer to change dates a little while ago.

I am not putting my 2 little boys and my wife in harm's way with a Cat 4/5 baring down.
    "Jelly-man offspring. Offspring, Jelly-man" - Crush<br /><br />9/04 - Doubletree Suites Lk BV<br />4/02 - offsite<br />5/97 - offsite<br />8/88 - offsite<br />8/82 - Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

For those of you wanting to leave late this week or this weekend I will send all my pixie dust (and prayers) your way. I am leaving with my brother late Monday night and I am due to arrive on Tuesday morning. I hope that it clears up a bit by then. For those of you down there, good luck. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Off Site - Summer '89
    All Star Movies - January '03
    Port Orleans Riverside - September '03
    Pop Century - September '04
    Fort Wilderness Resort / Campground - September '04
    CP / Vista Way - March '06 - September '06
    Caribbean Resort - August '06
    All Star Sports - September '08

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and Pixie Dust for everyone in a possible affected area and all of you with plans to head down this weekend! [img]smile.gif[/img] Let's hope it poops out in the Atlantic! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

Post Thanks / Like

Use your head. I understand your frustration in having to cancel or change, but this storm is much stronger than a normal one. People in Mississippi refused to leave the beach; some decided to ride out Hurricane Camille (a Category 5 storm) in 1969. Their house was blown away and they died. At the time, I lived about 60 miles away in Louisiana and the damage was overwhelming. Take my advice; go another time. You don't want to be there when it comes ashore.

Post Thanks / Like

According to NWA there has been no designation as to the Orlando Airport closing, However they are rebooking flights for Airports allong the Altantic coast with no charge through Sept 8th.
    Right now Orlando is not included in this list but he is still trying to change my flights....
    "May Walt Disney World Bring Joy and Inspiration. A magical place were people of all ages can laugh, and play, and learn together."
    6/95, 6/99 Poly, 6/01 YC/Poly
    10/02 Poly/YC, 6/03 YC/GF, 4/04 YC
    9/04 YC, 4/05 Poly/YC, 4/06 YC
    4/07 BC, 8/07 Poly, 10/07 YC
    4/08 YC, 8/08 P/YC
    Next 10/09/Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I wouldn't come down here right now. I wish I could leave right now. The current map shows the path right by my house , maybe slightly north. Of course that could change at any time and of course I keep wishing it away and blowing it away as hard as I can. Good luck to everyone in the path, I'm going home to batten down the hatches [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    Married and Honeymoon at WL 1998
    To many other trips to list

Post Thanks / Like

I am watching the Weather Channel and things aren't looking good for Florida. Prayers and pixie dust going out for anyone who is in the path of Hurricane Frances.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

hope things are ok for all of you...i have vacation planned for there Monday, but i just hope everyone who lives there is ok.
    keeping an eye on things.

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished getting all of my reservations moved!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

I got the exact same character breakfast priority seating times and everything. It is just going to cost me a little more because the airline claims there are no seats left in the price bracket that I originally paid. But, we get down there by 9:00AM instead of 8:00PM (hence, an extra day in Orlando!!!)

Good luck to everyone else already there, those planning to still go down, and those trying to change their plans.
    "Jelly-man offspring. Offspring, Jelly-man" - Crush<br /><br />9/04 - Doubletree Suites Lk BV<br />4/02 - offsite<br />5/97 - offsite<br />8/88 - offsite<br />8/82 - Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Frances, please please please miss Castaway Cay!(and skip between the rest of the Bahamas too).
    Disney Future
    Jan 2009 My dream family vacation for my 40th - 5 days at BC, 5 at WL (then a cruise? hehe!)

Keep me sane... when have I been again?
    PORS 2006, 2007
    DCL Magic 2004, 2005
    WL 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
    CR 2005
    PC 2005
    Wyndham DTD 2001, 2003, 2004

imported_dpamac Guest

Sorry guys. My mistake, I misread the info.

The report is that it will close FRIDAY at 5 . And this is still UNCONFIRMED . We're keeping up with everything we can, we have people on the ground (some stranded there already) who are finding out all they can.

Post Thanks / Like

My plane is leaving 7 a.m. tomorrow. I called the resort where we're booked, and the CM said that the resort is booked. She says they have supplies and everything is up and running. However, Disney is offering a full refund for cancellations.

When I asked her about Hurricane Charley, she said the resort experienced only a few downed trees/branches. The parks closed early on that day.

I'm watching the weather channel and will make a decision based on that. Since I'm leaving tomorrow so early in the morning, I have to make a decision soon.

[ September 01, 2004, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Patti ]
    Nov. '98, DxL
    Nov. '00 DxL
    Nov. '01, ASMo
    Nov. '02, WL
    Dec. '03 PO-R
    Sept. '04, SSR; Nov. '04, OKW
    Aug. '05, SSR; Nov. '05, SSR
    Aug. 06, SSR; Nov. '06, OKW
    June '07, VWL; Nov. '07, SSR
    Aug. '08, AKV; Oct. '08, SSR
    June '09, OKW & AKV; Oct. '09 SSR
    Aug '10, SSR & AKV

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and Pixie Dust for all those in the path of Frances.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is looking more and more like I may be stuck here. My flight was scheduled to go out on Saturday around lunch time. I tried to re-book on Friday to leave, but was told it didn't look good.

So, I will be your on the scene reporter unless my flight somehow makes it out...

Anyhoo, I can tell you the mood on the scene here is anxious. It looks like it's gonna be a direct hit again on Orlando.

Disney has been very accomodating and has agreed to extend my stay till monday if need be. I have hear on the radio now that lines are growing at grocery stores and at gas stations. We'll see how that is when I go out and about again tomorrow.

I'm also considering heading out to see if I can find a webcam to hook up and broadcast live from the hotel here for as long as the power lasts.

I'll keep monitoring this thread. We'll see how it goes.
    John Y
    Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer
    INTERCOT, Mousehut & Webdisney

At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.

-Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, here we go again! Another one of these headed our way! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] We down here in So. Fla are all preparing, schools are being canceled, grocery stores are full, and I've got to go start putting up shutters soon. Please being praying and thinking of us here in Florida. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by TinyTink:
    Oh no, here we go again! Another one of these headed our way! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] Please being praying and thinking of us here in Florida. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
    You got it, TinyTink! Prayers have been rising up from South Texas since Frances started heading your way. Everyone PLEASE KEEP SAFE as you possibly can.

John, you be careful out there too. Don't venture out with your webcam if it's not safe Yes, it is a very surreal feeling preparing for a major storm.

[ September 01, 2004, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Donalds Duckie ]
    Nancy

DL - May 6-9, 2012
    DL - July 19-23, 2012
    CBR - Sept. 1-9, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Sept. 29-Oct. 11, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Dec. 8-17, 2012

Feb. 3-5, 2013 - AoA Cars - Anniversary
    Feb. 5-9, 2013 - The Poly - Anniversary
    Feb. 23-Mar. 1 - 2013 - Disney Magic - DH's 60th BDay

Post Thanks / Like

We changed our reservation to next Friday the 10th. We just decided it just wasn't worth the risk. We had to pay a bit more for the flight, but for safety and peace of mind, its defintely a relief.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all in Florida. Hopefully it will miss the coast and go out to sea.
    May '94 Offsite
    Sept '03 Honeymoon at CS
    Sept '04 Pop
    Dec '04 Caribbean Beach
    Sept '05 POFQ
    Up Next.....Feb '08 first trip with DD!!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: