Quantcast Intercot Team Ride Competition - Page 19

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been promising Genie, I would get the ride pictures up. Last night I uploaded the slide ride pictures up for Team 1 (DotRocks') and Team 2 (Padme's). Tonite I will load up Team 3 (Monkey's) and Team 4 (chescat).

What I have done is each room has two pictures. The first is the room. The second has the room title up and the description. At this point it will be a long time before I can change the titles on the pictures since I'm behind on the other rides, but at least I'm putting them out to be seen. I rode each ride on August 6th while the ride event was still going. So each of these rooms were the ones judged.

Team 1 - Fun in the Sun (DotRocks Life Guard)

Team 2 - WDW Tour (CL_PadmeNaberie Life Guard)

Team 3 - Believe! (MonkeyBoyJoe Life Guard)

Team 4 - VMK Surf School (chescat Life Guard)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Cat!Very well done.

I have larger images of DotRocks' team ride. If anyone wants to see them, just pm me.

Thanks for all the hard work Cat!
    "Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Still. Where I have my pictures they won't let me get bigger, but what they hay, its free and unlimited amount of pictures.

This reminds me, DotRocks have you been able to get Padme or Monkey's team starts working from your hub? Erin should be able to help us with Monkey's. Cita should be able to help us with Padme's.

Also for everybody with a ride room. If you are taking your room out of the ride for some reason, please let somebody on your team know and make arrangements to give the slide teleporters for entrance and exit to somebody.

I know some of us where going to take some stuff out of some rooms. The only thing I ask is don't mess with your track. Or if you have to, make sure you test it that the track is still working.

Also please give us a few weeks to get our breathe after the ride and all this questing. If anybody wants to add a room to one of the rides let us know. We still have 2 other rides also that can be added to depending on your theme (river and everest).

I am also updated the first post here to what the order of the ride is. I still need to complete Team 3's tonite. If we start making changes to the ride, what I will do is change Post #2 in this thread to the current version of the ride. So that way we preserve the original teams.

Post Thanks / Like

All of the pictures have now been uploaded for all 4 teams. Each start room proudly has its blue judging flag in it.

I have changed post #1 and post #2 in this thread. Post #1 will always have the current status of the Intercot Slide Team Rides. Post #2 is the listing of everybody that was judged in the ride event. This way we have a history of all the hard work people did for their ride teams.

I have been overwhelmed the last few weeks with different things and wanted to share my feelings about the rides.

Looking at all the pictures and the ride rooms that were done. The Intercot people on all four teams did an awesome job and I wish that all had won something in the ride event. I am so proud of everybody that worked so hard on their ride rooms. Our rooms have evolved over the 3 events and we still seem to get better and better with experience. I just wish we didn't have to compete, or if we did all four teams had won.

I gave DotRocks (and when I find Monkey finally can give him his) a green crate and a blue blizzard chair for all the hard work they did in planning their teams and coordination. They should at least share in the win and a lot of hard work. Also to the co-captains thanks (Still, Erin, Cita, and JP) for all the hard work they also did. By breaking it up into four teams with four captains it made things a bit easier for me this time. We still wanted to all kill each by the time this was almost done, but somehow we always fight through the problems and make it work.

I don't even want to think of another event in the future, but I do think a lessons learned here was, we need to downsize these teams again. 15-20 was still too many people. Its hard for people coordinating so many people.

Anyway, I'm glad its over and hoping this darn quest month is over soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe I'm doing this...

-shakes head-

Post Thanks / Like

Actually this was the thread for the slide event. Another one should be started for the next one. I don't want people getting confused.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a little challenging coordinating a team, especially if you don't know or are not familiar with everyone on that team.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chescat again for all her hard work & organizational skills. What would we do without you?
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

It came to my attention from BrerFan and QueenThump that Team 2's ending was broken. We later discovered a bunch of rooms have been removed or status unknown from the ride for one reason or another.

So I talked to DotRocks and she has replaced the Team 2 start teleporter with another teleporter. She gave me the other piece and we plan on putting that one in DisneyDreamin first room until I can find SparkleMeTink. Tink's room will then start the ride. I have a message out to CL_NASAMan to determine if he still wants to be involved, if so his room will be the exit to the ride. If EricsGirl and FireworksMonkey want back in we can also adjust accordingly.

I love the rooms that we have done there and I don't want them going to waste. You guys are important to us. You did some hard work there.

Erin, for Team 3, at some point, I still need to exchange two teleporter with you for ChevelleFan.

Post Thanks / Like

Somebody on VMK saw my top ten pin from the ride competition and was asking about it. They then wanted to see the ride. I took them through and the were very impressed. ( I was happy it was still there!)
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

...the next trip is...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes a couple weeks ago we realized that several rooms were missing in our ride so Pad ended up taking down the start room. We had yet to get messages out to everybody on the team, sorry about that.
    Laura
    AKA Mamacita in the VMK
    Past trips:
    WDWx7 (CBRx2, ASMx2, POR, Poly, FW)
    DLx7
    Next up, who knows!
    No time for goofin off, I got dawdlin to do!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, both of my ride rooms have been dismantled. I only have "Pardon our Dust" signs up in them and you travel by those quite fast. You can remove me as I doubt I'll ever get them back to their original glory.

I have left all the choose your own ending rooms in place.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries Patti. If you want your rooms back let me know and we'll get the teleporters out so you can have your rooms back.

DotRocks and I got Team 2's Slide ride back up and going other than the exit. But its rideable again from DisneyDreamin's room on (SparkleMeTink I still want you back in, once we see you).

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: