Quantcast The Disney Dreams Giveaway / We won a Dream / Dream Squad Details - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT103
    I'm glad to see someone without children got a wish, I was sure it wouldn't happen.
    BrownEyedGrrl also posted above, that her husband was by himself when he received his Dream Ears.

The Dream Team CM that posted here made it very clear they don't pick the winners.

I have a two week trip planned in March.. I don't really care if I win or not, but my kid would be thrilled. I didn't even tell him about this. I'm hoping if he wins it will be a cool surprise and if he doesn't he'll have had his usual "Magical" Disney Trip.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i wish

I could be there now! I can't wait to go back! I'm getting park-sick (like home sick only for wdw).

I'd be happy to win anything...

my dh and I will be going in march!!!
    Sometimes you'll be Sleepy, Bashful, SNEEZY, Dopey and maybe even Grumpy; but I hope you are always HAPPY at the end of the day.

Annual Pass Holder
    AKL-10th Wed Ann Sept 08
    Offsite: Mar 09 Mar 08 Mar 07 Mar 06 Mar 04, Sept 03 Mar 02 Nov 00
    ASM Mar 05
    Magic Music Days Performer May 89

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone tell me how the mail in works?
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default I saw nothing!

Hi everyone,
    I just returned from a 3 day trip. I was there Fri Oct. 20-Mon Oct. 23. During that time, we hit all 4 parks from opening until almost close with no breaks during the day. With my luck, I totally was not expecting a wish for myself, but I did expect to see other people getting one or signs that someone had gotten one. And I saw absolutely nothing. No dream squad CM, no guests wearing dream fast passes, etc. It was a little disappointing because I do believe that it is random, but a lot of people will just think that they only give a dream away to the cute family once a week, etc. Like I read somewhere on these boards I believe, if I didn't know it was the YOMD, it would have seemed like nothing special was going on at all. I may be returning in January so perhaps I'll see a wish given then.
    Stayed at: *ASMu *ASSp *POR *POP *CBR *CSR *WDW Dolphin *CR *AKL *Poly GVC & LVC *BWI

WDWCP Alumni
    Fall Advantage 2002
    Attractions Hostess-Wonders of Life-Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sneezyone
    I could be there now! I can't wait to go back! I'm getting park-sick (like home sick only for wdw).

I'd be happy to win anything...

I know exactly what you mean!! I need my disney fix really bad!!!!!!!!!!

wonders10
    but I did expect to see other people getting one or signs that someone had gotten one. And I saw absolutely nothing. No dream squad CM, no guests wearing dream fast passes, etc. It was a little disappointing
    This is not only sad but does seem odd, I hope maybe you were having so much fun that you were to busy and just happened to be on the other side of the park when they(Dream team) were passing out fast passes.
    I know it sounds far fetched, because that's the kind of luck I have!

We'll be there in Jan with my family and my sisters too!
    So, maybe the magic will be better for us all then!
    Good Luck next year, for our Dreams and yours!!

Post Thanks / Like

We also never saw anyone win. One day at EPCOT we were in the Fast Pass line with 2 people who had golden fast passes, but that is all we saw over the course of several days.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Bluewater Beach, Wyevale, Ontario, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We where the same. We didn't see anyone win any dreams. Now knowing how they dress we may have seen a squad member or two. I only heard people talking who had won something, that they had won and their friend had won and someone eles's child had won, but we never saw anyone winning or any of the prizes. My DH kept asking if I was sure it was going on now since there was no sign of anything. We where there from Oct 3 to 13 and in the parks every day.

Keep on wishing and hoping since people are winning and you never know it could be you.
    Donna T
    Fall/2015 - ?,
    2/2011 - ASM
    1/2010 - CBR
    1/2009 - AKL, Cruise, Poly.
    12/2007 - DL
    10/2006 - POR,
    12/2005 - AKL,
    1&12/2004 - CBR,
    Many others
    Sept. 1981 - Disneyland Hotel Honeymoon,

Post Thanks / Like

Surprising to hear reports of not seeing Dreams and Dream CMs. I was there Oct 1 thru the 7th and saw people with prizes everyday.

The Prize Squad CM's are in white vests. Usually 3 or 4 to a team. If they have a duffel bag and it's not bulging, it's pins or fastpasses. If it's bulging, then they have Dream Ears.

I saw people with dream ears everyday except Oct 1. I saw Dream Fastpasses everyday. They are hard plastic cards (with FP tabs) with a gray lanyard. The Ears are sky blue with clouds and silver ears.

I don't think they'll ever award these lower prizes in a public area. The need to give them to people in lines to make it random. So the random place is usually going to be a turnstile for a ride.

Best of luck everyone! Can't wait to go back!
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

I think the reason that you saw so many that week was because that was the kick off week.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Post Thanks / Like

Kickoff week might have had something to do with it but Donna was there about the same time. I did try to hit the parks with evening EHM. Maybe they prefer those parks since it gives guests more time to enjoy the wish?

I'm curious, has anyone won a wish outside of a line?
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just back... no dreams seen!

Hi all... I am not trying to be a big baby here so please take this with the light heartedness that I am writing it with.
    My family along with a set of neighbors just returned from a 5 day long weekend at Disney World. I will start off by saying that we had an AWESOME time! The kids all got along and we did 4 FULL days of parks and there was very little whining. I guess that is a mom's dream right there
    I have to admit that I was a little bit disappointed with not seeing any Disney dreams come true. Yes, I would have LOVED for it to happen to my family, but I would have been happy just seeing some of the Dream Makers that I have read about here at intercot. And believe me... I was looking for them! I thought it would have added a little bit more excitment to the trip if I saw a dream come true. Oh well... we will be back in March and maybe I will get to see it then.
    October 2009 All Star Movies with Dance Troupe
    dancing at Downtown Disney
    Mothers Day weekend 2008 All Star Music- Daughters danced on Tommorrow Land Stage
    July 4th 2007 Off property
    March 14-26 2007 Off property and Wonder Cruise
    1971-2007 Wonderful Memories

Post Thanks / Like

First hidden mickeys, now hidden Dream Squads.

The best place to see a Dream Sqaud is at a turnstile.

That is good and bad.
    It's good because if you see them they are just about to, are in the process of, or just finished handing out dreams.

The bad part is that Disney does a great job of "hiding" the turnstiles.

We got our prizes on Aladin's Flying Carpets and Triceratops Spin. Both are probably the most open rides the DS will award on. I saw a couple boats worth of people coming out of POTC with brand new fastpasses. I'm sure they were awarded deep in the depths on the ride. Same with Soarin. I was waiting for some riders at the end and a pack of people came by with new Dream Ears. Again, probably given away far away from the mayhem at the front and right at the turnstile to get the proper "random" effect.

Some earlier posts talked about a CM seeing a cute kid or nice family and giving them a Dream. That will not ever happen. It's illegal.

So my advice is to get in a lot of lines and look for the white vests. Also, look for the older CM's. The Dream Squads seems to be made up of the seasoned pros.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM
    So my advice is to get in a lot of lines and look for the white vests. Also, look for the older CM's. The Dream Squads seems to be made up of the seasoned pros.

Good luck!
    Probably true, but just for reference, a CP friend of mine from 2002 stayed with the company and is now part of the Dream Squad and he is just 27. It is a temporary promotion from his usual Guest Relations job.
    Stayed at: *ASMu *ASSp *POR *POP *CBR *CSR *WDW Dolphin *CR *AKL *Poly GVC & LVC *BWI

WDWCP Alumni
    Fall Advantage 2002
    Attractions Hostess-Wonders of Life-Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I got the Pin and Lanyard set. I think it was on Monday the 2nd of October, though it might have been on the 1st. We were coming back over from Tom Sawyer island, and as our raft docked, the TOMD CMs came over and asked everyone getting off to stand over to the side, as they had a surprise for us.

So, it was sort of in line, but also sort of not. Either way, I was really excited to get a Dream! I have a good friend who I converted to the ways of Disney a couple of years ago, and who loves the pins, so my wife and I are doing what we think should be done with a dream - we are sharing it with others. For his birthday in December, my friend will be getting one of our sets.

Post Thanks / Like

This proabaly doesn't apply much to this thread but my boyfriend and I just returned from our first trip to DLR and we got the Dream Fastpass! We were not in line for any ride. For any that are familiar with DLR we were standing by the exit of BTMRR in a very quiet shady spot arguing over whether the fish jumping through the pond were real or imagineered,lol. It was kind of hard to tell at first but I insisted they were imagineered. As we were standing there alone my boyfriend said to me "Aren't those the Dream Team you told me about?" I look to my left and there they were to my surprise. We had been there four days and I had not seen any of them, but then again we were too busy enjoying the park for the first time. There were two of them and a very business like man standing near them. So I walked over to ask them about the fish in the pond to settle the argument and hope for a sweet surprise in return. They handed over a Dream Fastpass before I could even ask them my question! We went to the business looking gentleman to ask about the fish and while we were talking to him hordes of people starting coming over. They just gave the Fastpasses to anyone who had their hand out, I would say at least twenty were handed out while we were talking to the other guy but we also left before the mob cleared. It may have not been my first "dream choice" (cough.. grand marshal..cough ) but for us on that day it was indeed a dream come true, after three days of next to no waits Friday brought in wall to wall people and fastpasses were going quickly. Just thought I would share my experience with the Dream Team, hopefully I will have another when I get back from WDW next month.
    May 1998 Poly
    May 2000 POFQ
    May 2005 WL
    May 2006 POR
    Oct 2006 GC/DLR Hotel (1st DLR Visit!)
    Dec 2006 AKL
    May 2007 CB
    Dec 2007 CS WDW/ PP DLR
    May 2008 POFQ
    Dec 2008 FW Cabins
    May 2009 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerfan
    We went to the business looking gentleman to ask about the fish and while we were talking to him hordes of people starting coming over. They just gave the Fastpasses to anyone who had their hand out, I would say at least twenty were handed out while we were talking to the other guy but we also left before the mob cleared.
    Yikes!

Hordes and a mob doesn't sound too dreamy to me. Hopefully no one will get hurt if they keep that process going.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well???

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerfan
    So I walked over to ask them about the fish in the pond to settle the argument and hope for a sweet surprise in return.
    What did the suit say about the fish? DH and I always tease each other over whether they are real or imagineered. lol

Congrats on the Dream Fastpass!
    Disneyland - Only 70 Miles from the Original
    Too many times to count, but at least once a year since 1970 (AP 1995 and 2004)
    2007~We're AP holders again!

WDW

May 1990
    Surprise the kids Trip - June 2005 Grovesner
    Last Trip - May 8-16, 2007 Surprised the kids AGAIN!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our family's 2 magical moments

We were in the world 10-28 to 11-5.

First moment, we were standing waiting for the doors to open for "Little Mermaid" when a CM approached our 6 year old daughter and asked if she would like to be the "first mate". Then, once the CM was ready to open the doors, she brought our daughter up on the "pedestal" where they do their speil before opening the doors, announced my daughter's name, location, and asked everyone to say Hello to her. Then my daughter was instructed to say "Welcome to the Little Mermaid" over the PA. After that, another CM came out and announced "on behalf of the Walt Disney Company, we would like to present this special gift to (daughter's name)". It was a Platinum Edition DVD of The Little Mermaid. Daughter was thrilled.

Second moment, we were having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern on 10/31 (before the Halloween party). We finished dinner, and out comes our waitress with a cake, and asks, "is it anyone's birthday here". We said, "no". And she said, "good, we would like to wish you all a happy UNbirthday" and had the entire staff sing, "happy UNbirthday" to us.

We saw many wishes/dreams being given out. Also many "dream ears".

Post Thanks / Like

hi ,
    we just got back from a 2week visit to DW. just to let you know that our daughter won a dream. she was chosen during the afternoon parade to enter a competition with some other kids. it was a huge thing staged in front of all of main street. it was organised by an ordinary cast member then a different cast member took over to run the game. he wore smart clothes and seemed in charge. he played mickey says with the kids...and our daughter won. he made a huge fuss of her, gave her some pretty disney necklaces then asked to see mom. he came over to me and asked her if her dream would be to not have to wait in a queue for her fave rides..she said yes and he said that she had won fastpasses to 2 rides of our choice for the whole party. along with ice-creams for everyone. she talks about it all the time...especially how she skipped a 60mins wait for the haunted mansion. these little dreams are what make kids memories ..well done to disney
    1997....disneyland paris
    2002.....disneyland paris

2004...disneyland california
    2005....disneyworld orlando
    2006....disneyworld orlando

2007.....disneyworld Orlando..Caribbean Beach Resort
    december 2009...villa for christmas
    Disneyland paris October 2013 ...sequoia lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry DMApixie the suit said that the pirhana (sp?) were as "real" as they could make them. Although they looked like regular fish to me and not pirhana, maybe he was confused and meant in the Jungle Cruise.
    May 1998 Poly
    May 2000 POFQ
    May 2005 WL
    May 2006 POR
    Oct 2006 GC/DLR Hotel (1st DLR Visit!)
    Dec 2006 AKL
    May 2007 CB
    Dec 2007 CS WDW/ PP DLR
    May 2008 POFQ
    Dec 2008 FW Cabins
    May 2009 Boardwalk Inn

Share This Thread On Social Media: