Quantcast Jericho [Merged Threads]

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Jericho

Anyone else looking forward to this new series?

I had to write it down in my planner so I wouldn't forget , but I am really looking forward to watching tonight. Looks really good. Time will tell.

From CBS.com
    JERICHO is a drama about what happens when a nuclear mushroom cloud suddenly appears on the horizon, plunging the residents of a small, peaceful Kansas town into chaos, leaving them completely isolated and wondering if they're the only Americans left alive. Fear of the unknown propels Jericho into social, psychological and physical mayhem when all communication and power is shut down. The town starts to come apart at the seams as terror, anger and confusion bring out the very worst in some residents. Jake Green (Skeet Ulrich), prodigal son of the town's mayor, becomes a reluctant hero when a school bus crashes as a result of the explosion. Mayor Johnston Green (Gerald McRaney) is conflicted with the return of his estranged son, but is called to action when the town begins to riot. Johnston's wife, Gail (Pamela Reed), is the strong, savvy first lady of the town who runs interference between her husband and her favorite son. Attempting to usurp the mayor's power is Johnston's political adversary, Gray Anderson (Michael Gaston), who is not above putting his personal agenda before the welfare of the very community he wants to lead.

Though the cloud appears in the distance, it affects all the residents in Jericho, including Dale Turner (Erik Knudsen), the 16-year-old trailer park kid everybody picks on, who finds himself in a position that could change his status; Robert Hawkins (Lennie James), a mysterious stranger who seems to be a jack-of-all-trades as he steps in to help restore order; Heather Lisinski (Sprague Grayden), a pretty young schoolteacher on the bus with her students returning from a class trip when the glare from the explosion causes a terrible accident; Emily Sullivan (Ashley Scott), Jake's high school sweetheart who lives outside of town and innocently goes about her business unaware of the catastrophe, Bonnie Richmond (Shoshannah Stern), a pretty 17-year-old who is hearing impaired; and Bonnie's older brother Stanley (Brad Beyer), Jake's best friend from childhood and an avid car lover who works on the family farm. In this time of crisis, as sensible people become paranoid, personal agendas take over and well-kept secrets threaten to be revealed, some people will find an inner strength they never knew they had, and the most unlikely heroes will emerge.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Skeet Ulrich.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears
    Skeet Ulrich.
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse

Ditto for me too! He's the main reason I want to watch.
    *Melissa*

CBR-Aruba-June 1995
    Pop Century-July 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MScholl13
    Ditto for me too! He's the main reason I want to watch.
    And me too!! Looks like Skeet has a fan base here at Intercot!!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Watched this last night for a while. The premise is interesting. I am anxious to see how they work out their issues to survive.
    The only thing that might be a red flag to me involves their glimpse of next week. They said that there are other survivors and we'll learn more next week. That seems like a spin off of LOST. Couldn't they drag it out a while longer before bringing in survivors?

Post Thanks / Like

I am so bummed--I missed this show last night. My son had a spur-of-the-moment Little League practice that was supposed to be over by 6:30 p.m. (the show was at 7) and they didn't let us out of there until after 7:30!!! I was not a happy camper last night....
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the show, it kinda reminded me of a Stphen King mini series.
    Did I miss it or did they not say where Skeet Ulrich's character has been for the last 5 years?
    Paging Mr.Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived.
    Please give them a ring.

Post Thanks / Like

They did not say. He told the first person that he was in the Army. His mom he told something else. His ex girlfriend he said Air Force and then changed it when she questioned him. One time he told someone the Navy. So maybe it is some type of military thing. Nice secret at the start. He apparently learned some type of military training.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I really enjoyed the show, I'm hooked. I felt so bad for the young man whose mother was in Atlanta, especially when he kept playing the tape over and over again.
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Advnt05
    They did not say. He told the first person that he was in the Army. His mom he told something else. His ex girlfriend he said Air Force and then changed it when she questioned him. One time he told someone the Navy. So maybe it is some type of military thing. Nice secret at the start. He apparently learned some type of military training.

Thanks
    Please give them a ring.

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the second episode and I have to say I really like this show. My favorite character has to be Robert Hawkins. He definitly knows more about all this than he is letting on. I know up to this point they have made 5 episodes it will be interesting to see how it turns out.
    Please give them a ring.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I watched all of the first episode and I thought it was really good ... very suspenseful.

Unfortunately, the 2nd episode competed with the premiere of Biggest Loser and DW wanted to watch that, so we swapped back and forth and I missed quite a bit. It looked good, though.

This is definitely going to be on my watch list for as long as it's on!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Jericho and Heroes are my 2 new must-see shows (along with Lost). I too luf Skeet Ulrich. Does anyone remember a TV show called Miracles he starred in that was cancelled?
    DL 1976, 1984, 1989
    WDW 08.2006, 10.2008, 12.2010, 10.2015

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone out there that has mixed one of the episodes - I believe you can view them online at CBS.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else watching this show? I have to say that the hairs on the back of my neck stood up at the end of tonight's episode when it shows bombs being launched.
    DL 1976, 1984, 1989
    WDW 08.2006, 10.2008, 12.2010, 10.2015

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't watched the latest episode yet. Much as I love Skeet, I am thinking about dropping this show. I want to know what is up but the show is not keeping me as interested as it did the first couple times. If it doesn't pick up for me soon I think I am done with it.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal
    I haven't watched the latest episode yet. Much as I love Skeet, I am thinking about dropping this show. I want to know what is up but the show is not keeping me as interested as it did the first couple times. If it doesn't pick up for me soon I think I am done with it.
    I have been watching this show regularly, but I agree that it is not as enthralling as it could be. They need more ominous twists (like the missiles at the end of this epidsode). And I find some of the storyline unrealistic. If they were on the brink of a nuclear world war, would all these people really be sitting in the town bar, drinking and chatting about "world events"? Would teenagers who seemingly lost family members really be having parties? It just seems to me that the writers are not taking the show's concept seriously enough.

Hopefully the show will improve soon, because the idea behind it had potential.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX
    I have been watching this show regularly, but I agree that it is not as enthralling as it could be. They need more ominous twists (like the missiles at the end of this epidsode). And I find some of the storyline unrealistic. If they were on the brink of a nuclear world war, would all these people really be sitting in the town bar, drinking and chatting about "world events"? Would teenagers who seemingly lost family members really be having parties? It just seems to me that the writers are not taking the show's concept seriously enough.

Hopefully the show will improve soon, because the idea behind it had potential.
    You nailed it for me Beth. It is very unrealistic. The way they are squandering resources. You would think some sort of rationing would have gone into effect right away. And the whole thing with the rain and the nuclear fallout is strange. If the rain was toxic, you come out minutes after it is done raining and everything is wet and you are all okay? It just seems too far fetched.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jericho tv show..anybody?

I am so cofussed, who is the guy w/ the lap top. and what did the mayors son do before he came home? any guesses???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: