Quantcast Scrapbooking our trip.... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff
    The link didn't work for me??? Said "Uh Oh, something bad happened" when I tried???

Darn I wanted to get some more ideas!
    '

I just signed myself out of Yahoo! and tried the link - you're right - it won't work for someone who isn't signed in to Yahoo! Sigh...

I'm going to try again with a different site... I'll re-do the link once I figure it out!!

sorry!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it won't work.

I will look forward to seeing your pages!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Update...

Okay, I'm trying again... here is a link to pictures of pages I have done... the last link website I tried didn't work, so let's hope this one does!! I'm so computer illiterate at times, when it comes to stuff like this!

Wish me luck... and if it works, hope you all enjoy the pages!! I'd love to see more of yours...
    Last edited by Dsnygirl; 10-13-2006 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Update
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl
    Okay, I'm trying again... here is a link to pictures of pages I have done... the last link website I tried didn't work, so let's hope this one does!! I'm so computer illiterate at times, when it comes to stuff like this!

Wish me luck... and if it works, hope you all enjoy the pages!! I'd love to see more of yours...

Love your pages!!! You gave me some ideas for my next album!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe!! I am blown away by your pages - they are awesome! Have you been scrap booking long? Your pages look so great - I'm wondering how you get past the "staring at the page" stage, which is where I am tonight!! I swore I was going to work on my album tonight, but I just keep staring at it! So, where does everyone get their idas from - or does it just "come" to you??
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe, Ellen and Jen! Your pages are all beautiful!!!!!! Very, very nice!

I'm a scrapbooker too. I'll take pics of mine from last year and post them tomorrow.

Funny thing. My first book was WDW last year. I started it a week or two after we got home and finished in about a month after I started. But, now I'm still working on DD and DS baby books . I have a lot of trouble finding exactly the right stickers and stuff. I guess I'm too uptight about it

I already a ton of stuff for my book for this trip and I know I'll end up with a ton more!!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

dsnygirl you go girl I look at your link your scrapbook is great. I'm still working on my books I when in 2003 when my boyfriend and sister surprise me and my son with our first trip to disney world. I had a great time there. I have 6 books to still to do. When I was there I take 40 rolls . thats about 1,108 picture then I when in 2004 with my best friend will another 20 rolls about 540 piture for that trip

all star movies 2003
    pop century 2004

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Blythe, your pages are beautiful!

I am so inspired by you guys! Do you go to crop nites at local stores? I haven't been to one in a LONG time and need to badly when I get home from this upcoming trip in two weeks. ( )
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff
    Do you go to crop nites at local stores? I haven't been to one in a LONG time and need to badly when I get home from this upcoming trip in two weeks. ( )
    My friend who got me into this goes to the one the creative memories rep has - usually twice a month. I haven't been able to make one yet due to our schedule. But, she loves going and says she gets so much done that way!! Hopefully soon I'll be able to go!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in awe of everyone's pages - thank you for sharing.

I think I'll do my autograph books first before I tackle the full on Disney album. I started out thinking I would pre-make an autograph book using an 8x8 scrapbook and decorate it for the character that would sign the page. I was making 2 books - 1 for each DD, but with identical layouts it wasn't really that much more work. I did about 10 characters before getting overwhelmed and deciding that I would need to just get the autographs and then scrap them later. I think the books will turn out gorgeous when they're done, and they'll be fantastic memories for the girls.

For the autographs that I got in a traditional autograph book, I've decided that I'll scan them on the computer and print them on vellum and incorporate them into pages with pictures of that character and the girls.

Of course - we're all digital - so our pix from our recent trip are still not even printed yet (we've been back 1 week today). That will be a project for this weekend.

I am a HORRIBLE scrapper! I get the itch and do a few pages here and there, but I have a lot of unfinished projects. Hopefully Disney will be different!!!
    Kim1st
    1982 & 1985 Grandma's house
    10/2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Wow, everyone - thanks for you compliments on my pages... I'm glad you like them!! I've been scrapbooking since I got married, 12 years ago... but not like the pages you saw - I was mostly just putting pictures that I'd cropped on pages and adding stickers, trinkets, etc.

Even last summer ('05) I wasn't doing that much - I had 3 yrs worth of family pics to catch up on and literally just sat down and cropped them and stuck them in albums - just to get them out of their boxes. Now, when I get the chance, I go back and decorate the pages - sometimes, if I'm really inspired, I'll actually "lift" the pictures and put paper behind them - but mostly, I just try to write about the pictures and try to remember what was going on then!!

I really started doing pages more like the ones you've seen last fall... I started with our '05 family album and went from there... my family album pages aren't all as decorated as the Disney ones... depends on my mood and the pictures, I guess!!

My Disney album has probably been the most fun album I've done - just the pictures themselves are fun to work with b/c of the memories, and how can you beat all the fun Disney stuff out there that there is to use???

Jen, you asked how I get past the "staring at the page" phase... believe me, I've stared at many a page, too!! I guess I usually just start to crop the pictures after I've sorted through them, and pick a background color for them, or for the page... then as I begin to lay them out, ideas come to me as I see how they fit on the page. I have friends that are WICKED creative - you should see their pages - I don't know where they get their ideas... they'll take pictures of something and create a design that has to do with what's going on... (i.e. cutting pictures of their kids @ swim class into the shape of water droplets and making the droplets all form into what looks like a big splash on the page... you get my idea...) I rarely come up with great ideas like that, and I use books to get ideas, too. (And I admit... I did borrow that idea for MY kids swim classes... )

So - everyone bring on the pics of your pages... maybe we can all inspire each other!!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe, your pages are incredible! Just breathtaking! Thank you so much for taking the time to share them with us, I love all the color schemes and uses of maps in such creative ways, this will definately be a source of inspiration when I start our next WDW book.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, here's my book from last year, Disney 2005

I think I did a pretty good job from my first book! Now its something I love to do!

You guys have really inspired me for this coming trip! I'm already working it out in my head!

14 days to go!!!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mickey&missy
    Ok, here's my book from last year, Disney 2005

I think I did a pretty good job from my first book! Now its something I love to do!

You guys have really inspired me for this coming trip! I'm already working it out in my head!

14 days to go!!!
    Melissa, your album is GREAT! And your kids are too cute... they looked like they had a fun, fun trip. Can't believe you're leaving in 2 weeks... lucky you!! Thanks for sharing with us... can't wait to see your next album!!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the inspiration Blythe! You book is absolutely beautiful! Now I can't wait to start the next one! Of course I can't wait until the trip! I really can't believe that its 2 weeks away. I feel like I've been planning forever!!!

I can't wait to hit world of memories! DD is also a little scrapbooking princess so I know we'll have a good amount of stuff to bring home!
    Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I'm loving looking at all the layouts you guys have done! I agree, though, that the subject matter helps!

I've been scrapbooking for about 13 years (wow has it really been THAT long! LOL!) I started out as a Creative Memories consultant, but haven't been one for a long time now. I still use a lot of their stuff, though.

I just finished the book for our September trip, and I LOVE it because of a lot of the great stuff I found for it! A certain internet scrapbook supply company (I don't know if I'm allowed to name names) came out with some scrapbooking paper that is incredible and unique, and I love it! There's a Yeti and a rollercoaster for Everest, small-world characters, Safari animals, a castle, a Hollywood Hotel ( ), a big golf ball (lol) and LOTS of other stuff. No, I don't work for them or anything, I'm just in love with this stuff!

I think the scrapbooking is fun, but the problem is when you're done, it's like the trip is REALLY over!

We've taken 8x8 albums for autograph books the last few trips. It works GREAT! As part of our prep for the trip, I buy the girls a bunch of stickers and stuff and let them decorate the pages before we go. The character signs on one side, and we put the picture across from it. They just finished their books Thursday, and they're incredible, too! I love that they're making their own Disney memories!

I'll take pics of the albums and post them...at least a few pages. Maybe someone else can get ideas like I'm getting them from all of you!
    Next visit - January 2018 OKW
    Mar 2015 Offsite
    Jan 2011,12,13&14 CSR
    Sept 2009 CSR & MNSSHP
    Sept 2007 CSR
    Sept 2006 POR & NOJ
    2005 Offsite
    2003 ASM & MVMCP
    2002 Doubletree onsite & MVMCP/1st DQ
    Sept 1999 POFQ / WL & NOJ
    May 1999 CSR/BC
    Dec 1997 & 1998 CBR & MVMCP
    April 1997 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jiifigment
    I'll take pics of the albums and post them...at least a few pages. Maybe someone else can get ideas like I'm getting them from all of you!
    I can't wait to see them!! I'm still such a newbie, I need to scraplift all the ideas that I can! I did just add my first two WL pages to my link above. I am having a blast working on this book, but it gets a little overwhelming as well!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished a marathon scrapbook weekend. I got everything caught up so I can start my disney trip. I have 3 books to make. Two of them are christmas gifts for my niece and nephew that went with me. I still have to get the film developed. I also have relized things I wanted for my book that I forgot like menus and postcards. I'm also missing maps of a few parks. Now I have to be a little more creative.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Okay, now I need a "smiley" with someone just staring at a page with no good ideas... I am stumped by my parade pictures. I cropped them into circles, which look really cool b/c of all the "snowglobes" the characters were in... and now I have NO idea what to do with them!! In fact, I've been stalling, not wanting so sit down and do anything with them b/c of it... but I have to soon, as I really need to get this album done!!

Anyone out there done a really cool parade page they'd like to share??
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do I get Disney Scrapbooking 'stuff' from?

Wow - you have all inspired me! What amazing albums! I have never done scrapbooking but my friend does and I have always thought it makes photos and albums look sooooo awesome. I and visiting WDW in January and have decided to scrapbook my photos. I was wondering where everyone gets their gorgeous paper, cards, and special little 'bits' from? I'm from New Zealand but would love to get some when I visit Florida in early January to take back to help me do my album.
    Benny
    New Zealand

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: