Quantcast Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

yay! I'm hoping we get a sneak preview. I love Turtle Talk, so this should be great!

My customized map I received today says it is opening 1/23/07. We will be there Dec 15-19 and will be checking the area closely each time we are in MK.

As for the text messaging, a lot of shows are doing that. We saw Blue Man Group recently and they had an ongoing text ordeal. We pay a very small amount for unlimited text messaging on our Verizon plan, so I'll be thinking up jokes *just in case* !!
    KTF = KERMIT T. FROG!

Last trips:
    Oct 2011 Food and Wine!
    Dec 2006 WL
    Sept 2007 POFQ
    Disney West Dec 10-13, 2008
    Disney West Dec 13-16, 2009

NEXT: Oct 2015 Food and Wine at the World !!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

DH and I were there on 11/11 (his 40th birthday) and got to see the show. Some of it was extremely slow but some was hilarious(IMHO). The inside looked really good. We were asked to stay behind and offer ideas and opinions about the show and what they could do to improve it. I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's 100% ready.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Default From the Orlanod Sentinel

Monsters, Inc. comedy act gives material a test

Christopher Boyd and Scott Powers | Sentinel Staff Writers
    Posted November 20, 2006

Visitors to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom might find themselves walking in on a new Monsters, Inc. comedy act being rehearsed in Tomorrowland by Walt Disney Imagineering.

The new attraction, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club, is supposed to open in mid- to late January but is far enough along that Disney is occasionally "test playing" its routines before audiences over the next few weeks.

The new attraction is taking the place of the old Timekeeper experience in a pavilion shared with the Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin ride. Disney has remodeled the room as a 400-seat theater.

The new show, based on Pixar's 2001 animated movie Monsters, Inc., uses technology that was first tried at Disney World at the Turtle Talk with Crush show at Epcot to create an interactive dialogue between the audience and projected animated characters from the movie, led by Mike Wazowski, the one-eyed hero.

In the attraction's story line, Mike, having realized in the movie that laughter is many times more powerful than screams as a power source, has opened the comedy club to collect laughs that will generate power for the future.

Disney still has not announced an opening date for the show, but officials last week confirmed the play tests mostly with visitors who are invited in. Currently, the attraction is not marked with signs.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

What are the chances of the Laugh Floor being "rehearsed" during MVMCP? DW and I will be there Dec 21.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be sooooooo Cool!!!! I'm a huge Mike and Sulley fan. Hopefully the characters will come over to the Magic Kingdom now for meet and greets. It would probably be right in front of the new event. My husband and I are thinking about coming to Disney next year in Oct. or Nov. 2007 for our 10 year anniversary. ( cannot wait!!!) Soooooooooooo-in the mean time, everyone who's down there now or before my time please give Sulley and Mike a big hug for me.......

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Update 12/8/06
    • DVC Previews Announced
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if this has been posted already--I'm at MK right now and didn't have time to scan the thread from my phone. Those wishing to catch a glimpse of the Laugh Floor... its lobby can be seen from the "outside" windows while you are on the TTA.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Preview Period Extended**

See 12/20/06 Update in original post.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

Post Thanks / Like

Have any AP preview dates been announced yet?

We will be buying our AP's when we are down there in January so I do not have access to the passholder site yet!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Flower
    Have any AP preview dates been announced yet?
    I don't believe so, but the Disney Vacation Club dates have (see first post).

Typically, both of these previews are held at the same time.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard from several sources that they are having alot of technical diffulties with this attractions despite the fact they are using the same technology as Turtle Talk but on a slightly grander scale. The main problems seem to be with the audio and the animation sync.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

The opening of the attractio has been pushed back from January 2007 to Spring 2007 as crowd reaction has been not too friendly. Crowd response was lukewarm, not great, and the Imagineers want GREAT.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Humor Put on Hold

Monsters, Inc. attraction to get more fine-tuning

Scott Powers | Sentinel Staff Writer
    December 28, 2006

A comedy club show based on the popular Monsters, Inc. movie apparently isn't quite ready for the big time.

Walt Disney World has confirmed that the opening of its next big attraction -- The Monsters, Inc. The Laugh Floor Comedy Club show -- will be delayed a few months so that Walt Disney Imagineering can make adjustments now that test audiences got to try it out earlier this month.

The Magic Kingdom attraction draws on characters from the 2001 Pixar Animation movie, Monsters, Inc., and uses new technology to give audiences an interactive, sometimes improvisational, robotic comedy show. The attraction was built into the old Timekeeper location in Tomorrowland.

The Laugh Floor Comedy Club was slated to have passholder previews, then a grand opening, in January. But now those won't happen until sometime in the spring, said Disney spokesman Jacob DiPietre.

The delay will give staff members a chance for more training in the complex technology being used, and writers a chance to re-script parts of the show based on audience feedback, he said.

DiPietre would not elaborate on what script changes would be made or why. However, audiences reportedly have been lukewarm to the humor.

Chris Eliopoulos, who was in one test audience, said he thought the overall structure was sound and the crowd found the technology exciting, but the humor was a bit flat and the jokes didn't hit their marks. However, Eliopoulos, 39, of New Jersey, himself a humor writer and cartoonist, respectfully pointed out that humor is hard work.

"Humor that is funny for all ages is even harder," he conceded.

The Laugh Floor Comedy Club is one of three attractions that Disney World expected to open in short order during the early part of the Year of a Million Dreams promotion that began in October. At Epcot, a ride called The Seas with Nemo and Friends opened in November. At Disney's Animal Kingdom, a stage show called Finding Nemo -- The Musical had a soft opening this month and prepares for an official premiere in January.
    So it appears that at least the Passholder previews have been delayed.

Have any Disney Vacation Club Members received word that the previously announced DVC previews have also been delayed?
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I read about a week ago that the entire opening was going to be delayed several months while WDI went back and retooled the show. Apparently, guest response was tepid at best and WDI didn't feel like the show was ready to be opened yet.

Apparently, they're considering re-doing large portions of the show to try and make it play better for audiences who, by and large, seemed very underwhelmed by the whole thing.

Frankly, I think this concept is a little thin to hold up an entire attraction. Turtle Talk is more of an interesting diversion ... I'm not sure this idea can hold up long term.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment!
    So it appears that at least the Passholder previews have been delayed.

Have any Disney Vacation Club Members received word that the previously announced DVC previews have also been delayed?

Nothing heard from them but it is not mentioned on the member website (however it was not on there even before this delay was announced) The only mention has been in the monthly email that came 8th December.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

We should be getting our next email newsletter next week.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the official word from DVC;

There has been a change in the preview dates for the new Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club attraction at the Magic Kingdom® Park in Florida (announced in the December edition of Vacation Magic E-mail Update). It seems the always demanding Roz, pictured above with the one-eyed Mike Wazowski, has requested a bit more paperwork. Disney Vacation Club is in close contact with Monstropolis officials and will share new dates as soon as they're available.

When the new attraction opens officially in Spring 2007, Guests will be treated to an engaging and interactive attraction that lets them laugh, joke and match wits with beloved characters from the hit Disney/Pixar film Monsters, Inc.

Please remember that attraction-preview dates always are subject to change (particularly when the attraction is run by a bunch of monsters), so watch for the latest information online at www.dvcmember.com.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Sounds like another Test Track Fiasco in the making.........

When do they start putting the sand bags in the ride??????

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Soft Opening/Debugging Phase

Today (January 9th) at around 12:00, Disney Imagineering held a test phase of the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club. According to staff members outside the show, the Imagineering staff was looking for real-life input on how to change the show. Three hundred Magic Kingdom visitors (the capacity of the theater, I assume)that happened to be walking by the old TimeKeeper pavilion were asked to stop in, watch the show, and leave comments. After the show (which lasted about 20 minutes, all of which I managed to video tape) a member of the Imagineering team (unaffiliated with the show) asked the audience for their input, with most happy of the show and its acts.

The show as it stands is not yet finished, with Imagineering deciding on whether to put in more "video capture" moments where they pick out more audience members, or even the naming of the characters. Today's cast member referred to one set of the performers by different names than their present names "Sam and Ella." The other performers were a purple monster named Bobby Boil (I think) and Mike Wocszowski's nephew Mikey (I think)... After voting with applause, Roz (the secretary on the scare floor at Monsters Inc.) told us that Sam and Ella had won, but Mike later told us one of the video capture audience members had really won (he was constantly referred to as the man with smelly armpits). After concluding the show, all audience members were given a "golden ticket" fastpass that allowed us to pick any fastpass line at Magic Kingdom between now and Feb. 17.

It's a pretty cool show, much better than the old TimeKeeper, but they're still working on it, hopefully some of you get to see it soon!

WashUSwede
    --I've been to Disney World too many times to list...

1987-Present, Dixie Landings, Port Orleans, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

They did a similar testing yesterday January 19th, we were walkinng out of Buzz Lightyear and were asked if we were interested in seeing a preview of the Laugh Floor. It was an interesting show. It did seem to have some problems with the audio matching up with the animation and there were moments where the animation kept going but there was no audio to be seen. After the show we were held in the theater for another 5 minutes during which a survey was taken. simple questions like was there too much of this or that. Overall I really enjoyed the attraction it will be really good after they get the bugs worked out.
    4/89 CBR (1st Visit)
    10/97 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    10/00 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    3/06 CBR (College Graduation Present)

1/6/07-1/10/07 Pop Century
    1/12/07-1/19/07 Fort Wilderness Cabins

Crew Member Disney Magic Youth Activities 8/2006-10/2007
    Walt Disney World Cast Member 10/2007-???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: