Quantcast **UPDATE 4/29** In Need of Prayers - Page 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. We are getting ready to leave for the appointment right now. I will update you here and on my homepage later today.
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just read all of your posts for the first time today. You are such a strong person with great faith. You really are an inspiration. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. I hope you make a full recovery.
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

Was thinking about you and your family over the weekend. Will continue to pray for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default **Update 4/30** In Need of Prayers

First of all, thank you to everyone for your continued prayers and support!! God is hearing them and He has given me so much patience and calmness that it is amazing!

So, we are home from the doctor's appointment and as I sit to update all of you with what we learned, I sit here in utter confusion. Was it good news?? bad news?? I am really not sure in all reality. However, all I can really do is just give God praise for every single day that I have here on Earth with my family and friends. There are no guarantees on life, not for any one of us. So we should all be giving thanks for our every day.

The Cat Scan results came back inconclusive. What this means is that while the blood tests have indicated that the cancer is back, the cancer is not currently large enough in any part of my body to pinpoint its exact location.

So now what? We asked the same question and Dr. Bold gave us a few options. First, he recommended that we get a second opinion. He said that he recommended that we meet with a medical oncologist to discuss the possibility of chemotherapy treatments. While the endocrine tumor is not known for reacting to traditional chemotherapy, there are new drugs that have shown some positive results. The chemotherapy may actually be able to kill off any and all cancer that is in my body thus extinguishing the need for a second surgery.

The second option is to wait for 3 months and to re-run the OctreoScan and CatScan tests to look for any changes in the results of those tests. With that they would then have a better feel as to where the cancer is growing and would be able to surgically remove it. However, Dr. Bold did say that until they can clearly see where the cancer is growing and they can see some sort of mass, he would not feel comfortable for going in for any kind of exploratory surgery.

So, while it is good that the cancer is not large enough to be seen or operated on, the bad side to that is that the cancer can be spreading throughout my body without being large enough in any one area to be seen. The concern there would be that when it is big enough to be seen that it has already attached itself to a number of organs and this is why the idea of chemotherapy was brought forward.

So, we will meet with the medical oncologist next Monday to see what she has to say. Dr. Bold did say that we did not need to stay within the UC Davis system for our 2nd opinion, but both Jen and I feel so comfortable with this hospital and all of the people who have cared for me, that we would not want to leave the UC Davis team.

If I have learned one thing through all of this, things don't happen all that fast when it comes to finding out results and getting things taken care of. I am the type that just wants to find out what is wrong and then get it fixed. However, this is a bit more complicated and so I guess we had just better get used to the hurry up and wait game.

Please know that it is your prayers and God's promises that is getting me through all of this. I so appreciate all of your prayers and support!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about good or bad...but I do think it's much better then some news could have been.

And your trust in your Dr's is a good thing too. (as of course is your faith in God).

We will all keep praying that they will pinpoint the cause.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I am in awe of your attitude while you are dealing with all that is happening.
    I pray that God continues to walk with you through this ordeal.
    We will all continue to pray for a positive outcome.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    I couldn't have said it any better. You are amazing, and your faith is inspiring. My prayers are with you.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

John, you continue to be in my prayers, and I truly appreciate you taking the time to keep us updated, because we are all thinking of you!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the update, John. You have some important decisions to make and I can only how difficult this all is for you and your family. You will continue to be in my prayers and thoughts.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

John, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I was out of town this weekend and was just scanning the boards but not really looking. It is good news that there are not any masses and it is good when the doctors want to be aggressive and ask for second opinions.

The UC Davis doctors are very good. I had a close friend that had cancer in her brain about 10 years ago. They did wonders for her for a while when others thought she shouldn't have made it that long. She did really like her doctors there.

I have found through the years that its the frame of mind that people have that sustain them. A friend was diagnosed with cat 4 breast cancer and given 6 months. She made it 6 years and had quality of life the whole time. She took a tour of the US and visited each state and all the Canadian provinces that border US. We laughed. She grabbed the dog, had her pepper spray, cell phone and and older car and just went. We said you afraid something will happen. She said what do I have to lose!

She has always been an inspiration to me that frame of mind a lot of times does make the difference. You sound a lot like her and I believe your faith and family will get you through whatever it is that's ahead of you.

pogo Guest

John, The one thing I've learned in life is that God speaks to us every day. He walks with us and has a purpose for us. You've taken the time to listen and with all the love around you, you will prevail.

You are in our prayers every day my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

John, just wanted to let you know that you and your family continue in our thoughts and prayers!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    Same goes from me!!!! I will continue to pray for you & your family.
    Deb

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: