Quantcast So What's Your Addiction?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So What's Your Addiction?

Besides Disney. Is there something you horde,er buy, a lot of even though you probably have enough that you would never need to buy another of this item as long as you live?

For me, it's swimwear. For me and for my kids. I just can't pass it up. I guess I'm always on the quest for the perfect suit! DH gets so annoyed. He says I have a suit for every day of the year. Not true, but I'd say I have around 12 different suits/ tankinis. And you know what, I was in Target last week and they had the new ones out already and I bought another one! Somebody stop me!!!

What's your thing?
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny, I was in Target today and saw the bathing suit display. This is exactly what happened:
    Me: "Oooh! Bathing suits"
    BF: After he rolled his eyes and sighed- "Well I guess with this weather you may need one" but then he continued nudging me in the other direction.

I love shoes and purses although I don't have very many. And I don't mean expensive shoes and purses... just stuff in Target pretty much. I love that store. I used to love gaudy and dangly jewelry but my boyfriend has weened me off of that because he hates things that dangle and doesn't like metal touching his skin.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

socks. all the crazy,colorful ones they sell at target,walmart,kohls etc...
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

Does food count? j/k. but not really.

But seriously, I'd have to say purses. My tastes are getting a little too expensive so I need to start watching myself but I love all purses/handbags in all shapes, sizes and colors!
    Stayed at: *ASMu *ASSp *POR *POP *CBR *CSR *WDW Dolphin *CR *AKL *Poly GVC & LVC *BWI

WDWCP Alumni
    Fall Advantage 2002
    Attractions Hostess-Wonders of Life-Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

I love flip-flops and sandals. If I have to wear shoes (because I hate wearing shoes), it has to be flip-flops although I have fallen in love with my new Disney Crocs! I might have to get some more of those too!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Ummmm... Intercot?

Other than that, I would think its jewelry.. yup.. I love rings above all other kinds.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm bad about purses.. Everytime I go to the store I look at them.. My husband has gotten to wear if we go to the store and get seperated that is the first place he looks... 9 times out of 10 he finds me...
    ș0ș Kelli ș0ș

01/19/2007-Pop Century
    12/14/2008-All Star Movies
    06/27/2009-All Star Sports
    05/08/2010-All-Star Movies
    06/17/2011-All Star Movies
    07/09/2014-All Star Movies - Anniversary
    06/06/2019-Art of Animation - Son's Graduation Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default addictions?....

...I have a different twist , I collect bath & body products, different scents , different flavors, so I use a differenr one each time I shower, according to my mood

I also collect fitness VHS & DVD's , old & new as long as they're safe, I LOVE to work out! Used to belong to the gym, but I enjoy being in my own home & getting fit! Found fitness late in life & have been working out for 20 years! Karen....

Post Thanks / Like

Ha - it's not swimsuits, that's for sure Maybe someday...... I think mine must be books although I'm getting a lot better about them. We have literally over a thousand children's books. I realized this when my DD wanted to take 100 books for the 100th day of school and we did not even make a dent! I am always willing to buy a book!!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ugh

Crafting supplies, I am a complete nut about them. I have literally 3 ROOMS of them!!! Help!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

For me I would have to say that it is movies and television series on DVD. I ahve to get another new shelving unit because all my current ones are stuffed.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is fabric--quilting cotton to be exact and scrapbooking supplies, use to also be rubber stamping stuff. My addition has gotton so bad that we need to find a house instead of the 2 bedroom apartment, so I can have a basement or a bedroom for a studio. Our second bedroom now has a double bed I made into a loft bed with all my stuff..but I want cabinets, etc....to put my things.

But I live by the motto, she who dies with the most wins...I'm very competitve and I HAVE to win.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal
    For me I would have to say that it is movies and television series on DVD. I ahve to get another new shelving unit because all my current ones are stuffed.
    Donna! We're looking for a new shelving unit next payday.

Post Thanks / Like

For DH and I both, it's books. We both have a book on us, pretty much all the time. For Christmas, we got between the two of us, 30 books. I have already knocked 3 of them off and 3/4th of the way through a 4th book. We have the Borders reward program, so this does help out with the cost of our addiction. Got DH his Star Wars Essential Guide to.. book cheap with a coupon and reward bucks. We also have a really good used book store that we go to a lot, but we don't sell, just buy. Both of us reread and reread our books.

The kids each got 6 books for Chirstmas, so we are passing our addiction on. At least it's a good addiction.
    Jen
    Mom to Loden and LaneyLouWho

Post Thanks / Like

Purses!!! i love my bags!!! i got a new Coach one for christmas!! and then i just bought myself another new bag on tuesday!! i soo have a problem..and what stinks now is im becoming a label snob...lol..so im really only liking Coach, Dooney & Burke and LV right now...and i soooo dont have the money to really afford those bags lol...but i always find a way to by myself another bag!!! lol you just gotta be creative!! but ya..purses are my downfall...im only 23 and already have over 55 bags!!..i dont wanna know how many ill have in another 20 years!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another book addict here... I'll go into our local Christian book store and usually spend about $40 each time! I actually went on New Years Day and got a bunch of Christmas related books at half off - the receipt said I saved over $50!!!! (spent only $20). I'm also another Bath & Body addict. My vanity has at least 9 bottles of body spray on it right now. I am actually trying to 'control' myself and am trying to use up what I have before buying any new stuff - BUT.... our local Bath and Body is having a clearance sale....
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Default Competition...

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh
    Mine is fabric--quilting cotton to be exact and scrapbooking supplies, use to also be rubber stamping stuff. My addition has gotton so bad that we need to find a house instead of the 2 bedroom apartment, so I can have a basement or a bedroom for a studio. Our second bedroom now has a double bed I made into a loft bed with all my stuff..but I want cabinets, etc....to put my things.

But I live by the motto, she who dies with the most wins...I'm very competitve and I HAVE to win.
    Maybe we should send each other pictures (evil grin inserted here!)
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Books in a minor way, cookbooks in a major way!!

coffee in a major way

shoes (mostly summer though I only have maybe 6-7 winter shoes unless you count party shoes too).

Different hair colours (mostly in the same range though).

Not so much the bath stuff but nail polish is high on the list!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan
    Maybe we should send each other pictures (evil grin inserted here!)
    What's really bad, is I manage a fabric store...I have to make quilts for store displays!!! It doesn't help that I work with my addiction!! I really need to get off INTERCOT right now and work on a store display!!! BTW, a "store display" is a very easy way to bring fabric into the apartment, the DH just shakes his head.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizNee143
    Purses!!! i love my bags!!! i got a new Coach one for christmas!! and then i just bought myself another new bag on tuesday!! i soo have a problem..and what stinks now is im becoming a label snob...lol..so im really only liking Coach, Dooney & Burke and LV right now...and i soooo dont have the money to really afford those bags lol...but i always find a way to by myself another bag!!! lol you just gotta be creative!! but ya..purses are my downfall...im only 23 and already have over 55 bags!!..i dont wanna know how many ill have in another 20 years!!
    I hear you girl! I have a LV, a Gucci and a Coach. I just got another Coach purse and a Coach Travel bag for Christmas. I'ts really not my fault, DH keeps buying them for me.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Share This Thread On Social Media: