Quantcast American Idol - Season 6 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys

Do you really think that these parents/spouses/bosses really think these people CAN sing ? All these people say "Oh yeah, my friends tell me I sound great" -- HELLO, then they're not your real friends. People cannot really be that stupid . . . can they ? ? ?
    Well, actually, yeah. I used to bring in a karaoke machine to our local behavioral unit (mostly young people who have had strokes or are suffering from some sort of mental disorder) and had lots of fun watching these guys have fun with it. And they were, every single one of them, awful, but that isn't the problem because hey, we were having one heckuva time. BUT, there was a nurse there who took great pride in her singing voice. Okay, lemme tell ya, she was as bad as any of those idol hopefuls could ever want to be. The poor woman was completely tone deaf, but her friends had always told her how wonderful her singing was. The other nurses would quickly vacate the room once she took over the mic. Hearing her howl out Bryan Adam's "Everything I do ...." was unreal and she was completely unaware of how she sounded. *sigh*

In general, friends would rather lie than be honest, and that can be excused up until the point where your buddy decides to go on national tv and then you'd better fess up!
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey ya'll -- Fidel Castro is one heckuva singer! I couldn't believe it! I really liked him. I wonder what they will do with his look.

But I couldn't understand why the judges didn't like the way the new dad started out his songs. Man, I closed my eyes and I was melting on the second one..............
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Post Thanks / Like

Fidel was alright. And I did see where they were coming from with the dad. I thought he started out pretty bad as well. It just had an odd sound. But with a little bit of training he could go a long way. I really liked Sundance Head. And I actually thought Frank N Beans was better than some of the people they've sent through in other cities. Was not a big fan of the blond whom Simon and Paula sent through but Randy did not like.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Sundance Head was the name of the son of the guy who had that hit song, right? He had some serious pipes.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why the first guy (cheerleader) didn't make it through to Hollywood. I thought he was good.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife liked the cheerleader guy as well. I was a bigger fan of Sundance myself. The blonde was only so-so to me. The new dad I did not care for personally. He was better on the second song than the first one. This is one instance I think that they empathy vote got him through to the next round. I missed Fidel so can't comment on it.

Best line "my confidentiality is high".

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blonde

That blonde had the worst haircut I have ever seen...

Rock on Sundance
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears
    I don't understand why the first guy (cheerleader) didn't make it through to Hollywood. I thought he was good.
    Totally agree! I thought the funniest one last night was the one who kept saying how sexy she was and her boobs were flopping everywhere! The blonde had a good voice and a different look. The "homeless" guy looked like one of the Kentucky Headhunters. I might start watching this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my recap. There were two standout singers. And one standout person overall. Sundance Head was great. He had a great voice that is. But his personality is needing improvement. He's way to cocky for my taste. That's the biggest turn off to me and when he said that he was going to blow them away because they'd never heard anything like him before I was really bummed with his attitude.

My standout performer and top contestant as of now is "homeless Jesus," Sean. Sean is great! I loved everything about him. He has a great voice and he killed the song because he changed it to make it his own. His body language was wonderful and that has a lot to do with it. Can't wait to see more of him!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I think the backup singer was really good too and very nice, I hope she keeps going.

Post Thanks / Like

Blond Girl with Truly Bad Haircut = nope
    Backup Singer Girl = yep - my favorite so far
    Fidel Castro = yep
    Sundance = yep
    New Dad = nope

can't remember anyone else at the moment...
    Jane Agnes Banks
    I was aka Agnes in VMK

"Course heading, Captain?"
    "Second star to the right... and straight on 'til morning."
    --Chekov and Kirk
    The Undiscovered Country

Post Thanks / Like

A much bigger group of good singers. and or a smaller focus on lousy ones.

I really enjoyed the Sundance Head and the brand new dad.

I thought the blond for 18 had a great deal of confidence to her voice.

But some of the clothes on some of these people are just wild! The girl who thought she was conservative in the dress with the cutouts? I must have missed a memo on what conservative dress looks like now.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lol

Homeless Jesus guy=the guy who also looked exactly like Fidel Castro!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan
    Homeless Jesus guy=the guy who also looked exactly like Fidel Castro!
    Also= Kentucky Headhunter ( a band from the 90's)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Jenry! I can't believe he is only 16! He was mature and could really sing. He was so cute too. I think he might go far.

Post Thanks / Like

The two girls, Ashanti and Sarah, were utterly ridiculous. That was embarrassing.

I really liked some of the guys tonight, and hope that guy who forgot the 'Buttercup' lyrics last year can do better this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1
    Wow, Jenry! I can't believe he is only 16! He was mature and could really sing. He was so cute too. I think he might go far.
    Yeah, as Paula said, VERY easy on the eyes. How come when I was 16 none of the boys looked like him???????

He was my fave from last night. Didn't care enormously much for the girl from Ohio who had run off from home. She had a nice little voice, but didn't really blow me over like Jenry.

Did anyone like the "boot camp" girl? I was painting my laundry room while listening, and I just wasn't impressed. I wonder if she will be able to sing anything else or if she is very limited vocally....

The judges seemed much nicer tonight than last week.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the girl(Jory?) with long curly hair too, she was so talented!

Post Thanks / Like

Default auditions are irritating!

what bothers me is that each of those people that are absolutely horrible take away the spot of someone who could make it. I have a really good friend who's an amazing singer.. he's been in so many plays and he's had solos since he was a little kid.. he made it to the second round of auditions, but they cut him off before he got to see the final three. even if he wouldn't have made it, he was really hoping to see the three of them and get their input, because he really respects them all. but instead, they put some idiot who thinks singing is just speaking with elongated words or someone who tries to hit notes only dogs are meant to hear. idk, it just upsets me...it doesn't make sense! its almost like it starts off as a non-talent search rather than the other way around!
    <3 Robin

Prince Charming: It's offical. I've lost my mind. First I'm hijacked by bluebirds and now I'm talking to ...imaginary mice.

King: I do trust you son.... It's the talking mice I'm worried about...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by handmaidenofprincesses
    what bothers me is that each of those people that are absolutely horrible take away the spot of someone who could make it. I have a really good friend who's an amazing singer.. he's been in so many plays and he's had solos since he was a little kid.. he made it to the second round of auditions, but they cut him off before he got to see the final three. even if he wouldn't have made it, he was really hoping to see the three of them and get their input, because he really respects them all. but instead, they put some idiot who thinks singing is just speaking with elongated words or someone who tries to hit notes only dogs are meant to hear. idk, it just upsets me...it doesn't make sense! its almost like it starts off as a non-talent search rather than the other way around!

That's because there are more people in the audience that enjoy watching people get ridiculed than there are that actually want to see the good singers audition. I could do without seeing the people they send in for the sole purpose of ridicule, and I would love to see more people who are borderline, not bad but not star quality either.

That one guy, Ian (I think, he had it on his shirt), I was in actual pain watching him perform. You know, the one who said Simon had no right to judge him since he wasn't an American.... I notice they mostly like to send people through who it is hard to feel sorry for.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: