Quantcast Survivor: Fiji - Page 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Survivor: Fiji

Post Thanks / Like

Touché', Ian. Lisi grated on my last nerve.

I agree. Dreamz should have told Jeff he was keeping the necklace and giving back the truck - since there was no deal.

He doesn't even have a driver's license. He'll end up with $80+ grand for finishing second/third (not sure how they'll divvy up the second and third place prize money since Earl won 9/0). That will be life changing for him without keeping something he reneged on.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex makes me sick.

I'm glad Earl won. I liked him early on.

Yeah, after such a high last season, this season has been kinda blah, but I will miss it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Alex makes me sick.
    Me too, Mel. He seems to me like a big, spoiled baby.

I actually disliked him and his entire alliance. I thought they were all obnoxious, rude, spoiled, and not very good players at that. For being the so-called alpha males of the bunch they sure didn't win many challenges did they?

Does anyone know where there's a list of who won what challenges? I'd be curious to see who took home the most immunities, rewards, etc.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky View Post
    Does anyone know where there's a list of who won what challenges? I'd be curious to see who took home the most immunities, rewards, etc.
    Those stats have always been listed on CBS.com in the past. I can't confirm right now though, since I might see a spoiler on who won TAR (we are a couple weeks behind).

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

First... congratulations to Earl for his win, he and Yau were my favorites from day one.

Second... Dreamz is POND SCUM! In our family that title is bestowed on the lowest of the low. If as he said he never had any intention of giving up the immunity necklace, he never, never should have accepted the truck. What goes around does come around in this life and he will continue to find that life will be hard for him. But I'm sure he will put the blame on everyone else around him as he tried to do with his reasons for his actions during this game.

I actually disliked him and his entire alliance. I thought they were all obnoxious, rude, spoiled, and not very good players at that. For being the so-called alpha males of the bunch they sure didn't win many challenges did they?
    We had been muttering those thoughts for weeks around our house.

This season had one of the least appealing casts that I can remember. For a cast driven show, I really hope they do a better job of picking some better human beings next time around.
    I think they pick some of these low lifes on purpose, with the excuse being "it makes for better TV".

OK, finished ranting. Looking forward to Pirate Master.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

That jury was way angry for a season that seemed so blah. Either the editing was off...or the jury wanted a last ditch grab at their 15 minutes.

Yao on the recap show continued to be a class act. I was ok with Earl winning. But Dreamz was still just loopy. (I thought maybe having food etc might help).

Yao has nothing to be sorry for (even if the mistake did cost him) as he made his play and did it honestly...pretty classy for Survivor thats for sure.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Yao is HIGH CLASS. He played the game PERFECTLY. The effort to get the immunity idol from Dreamz was a good shot (I never in a minute believed Dreamz would give it up...I agree "TheDuckRocks"...he was Pond Scum...in fact he was even scummier than Pond Scum).

I don't fault Earl at all for voting him out. I applaud Earl for admitting to Yao. "Hey buddy I'm really sorry I had to do it but I couldn't possibly beat you". Yao gave Dreamz the opportunity to have the "gonads" to admit that he changed his mind. But he didn't. He didn't give the truck back either (I hope the jerk runs over his foot with it...in addition to having to fork out for TAXES).

I also applaud Earl for saying to Stacy's question about Dreamz needing the money the most because he's soooo poor...Earl said "We ALL need the money...just because I worked hard and have a good job doesn't mean I need it any less"...Heck a LOT of people came from difficult backgrounds sometimes you need to quit blaming the past and rise above it.

True it's a "game". Perhaps Dreamz was "right" about that...but...even in a "game" when you "backstab" people to get ahead...it might end up getting you shot. Even a "game" has a "line" when you play. I think IF Dreamz gave up that immunity idol he still would have lost but he would still have his honor and he would have still sat in the final three. He lost a LOT more than just the game.

He should have realized he didn't have a prayer against either Yao Man or Earl. Bravo Earl...he played really well. Hopefully we'll see Yao Man in Survivor All Stars (should happen after China).
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

First off, i'll say that I hadn't watched one single episode of this season until last night's finale. My mom and I were bored and just decided to get into it at the last second. We have the ability to do that.

From what i've watched... i'm so happy that Earl won. Of course, Yao would have been the number one choice but because of the circumstance that he put himself in, that didn't happen. Earl really seemed to answer all of the jury questions really well and didn't lie and cover stuff up. He made himself look great. Dreamz, he just made himself look like an idiot. Cassandra did the same. You could tell that she was covering lots of stuff up but she didn't want to reveal it. The jury was very upset as a whole and I think that it was mostly with Dreamz.

Dreamz really shot himself in the foot. He should have never made the deal with Yao in the first place. And on the other end, Yao should have never accepted. I understand that he wanted to help Dreamz out but he was really just setting himself up. Dreamz was never the person to trust. Heck, trusting anyone is just dumb in that game!

I tried to look at Dreamz's options last night. One- he gives up immunity to Yao which would put him vulnerable to being voted off. Now, I don't know how that voting would have went honestly. I think that Cassandra would have voted for Earl (he's her competition). Earl would have voted for Cassandra (same reason). Dreamz would have voted for Earl (because if Earl stayed, him and Yao would have teamed up and went to the final two). Yao probably would have NOT voted for Dreamz (he would have kept his word), I don't think that he would vote for Earl (friendship), which would leave Cassandra. That would make it a 2-2 tie with Cassandra and Earl. It's been stated that Earl was never voted for ever...soo.... Cassandra would be gone. I think that would have been a much more interesting finale.

On a final note....Dreamz was a total idiot during the live finale. Poor Jeff for having to try and get answers out of a man who doesn't understand what he's asked even if it's said three times.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    I also applaud Earl for saying to Stacy's question about Dreamz needing the money the most because he's soooo poor...Earl said "We ALL need the money...just because I worked hard and have a good job doesn't mean I need it any less"...Heck a LOT of people came from difficult backgrounds sometimes you need to quit blaming the past and rise above it.

True it's a "game". Perhaps Dreamz was "right" about that...but...even in a "game" when you "backstab" people to get ahead...it might end up getting you shot. Even a "game" has a "line" when you play. I think IF Dreamz gave up that immunity idol he still would have lost but he would still have his honor and he would have still sat in the final three. He lost a LOT more than just the game.
    I agree totally with both these points.

On #1, I turned to my wife when Earl gave that answer and said, "Ooooooooh! Good answer!" Honestly, in the beginning I felt a little bad for Dreamz, but as I got to know him I came to suspect that many of his troubles are of his own making.

On #2, all games have rules. Some are written and some are unwritten. I would say that Dreamz defintely broke an unwritten rule of not just Survivor, but also of humanity. And honestly, I'm not 100% sure that Yao could have gotten the truck back legally if he wanted to. They had a binding verbal contract that was captured on camera. I'm pretty sure that would be legally enforceable, not that Yao has so little class as to pursue it.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was glad earl won. I don't know why dreamz thought he would win anything after the way he lied to everyone and ticked everyone off.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

...I'm not 100% sure that Yao could have gotten the truck back legally if he wanted to. They had a binding verbal contract that was captured on camera. I'm pretty sure that would be legally enforceable, not that Yao has so little class as to pursue it.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I do know that for a contract to be binding, there must be consideration from both sides. A promise from one person without getting anything in return, is not a contract.

But I agree, Yao would never persue it.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Also, nobody should feel bad for Yao. He'll be just fine. On the other hand, would anyone here be shocked to hear that a year from now, Dreamz has blown all his money, lost (or wrecked) his truck, and (as someone else hinted) didn't pay his taxes?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully we'll see Yao Man in Survivor All Stars (should happen after China).
    Oh my goodness, I hope we don't go there again!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I found myself rather irritated by that show last night, and the actions of Dreamz.

"Game" or not, life is about character. If you give your word, then you've given your word. If you swear to God, then you've sworn to God.

Frankly, if he knew he wasn't giving up the immunity when he accepted it, as he claimed, then why did he go on and on about setting a good example, and making his some proud of him for doing the "right" thing. And he did it during his "private" moments with the camera.

Most of us aren't put into a situation of choosing between $1,000,000 and our honor. So we probably can't really say for sure how we'd respond. I'd like to think I wouldn't sell my soul for any dollar amount. We now know that Dreamz would.

For me, the entertainment value of that show went down the drain along with Dreamz' character.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hopefully we'll see Yao Man in Survivor All Stars (should happen after China).
    Cool, will we get to see Boston Rob and Rupert again? I loved those guys.

Maybe they should do Survivor Low-Lifes. You know, with Dreams, Johnny Fair-play, etc.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I have just now cooled down enough to feel like I can post on this!

I was absolutely horrified by Dreamz. His actions made Johnny Fairplay's "dead grandmother" seem like a tiny white lie.

Poor Yao. While I was never a huge fan of his, no one should be done dirty like that. And his integrity is very admirable.

I was actually hoping Boo could pull it off. He never seemed to be annoying to me, as they hinted, and he played a straight forward game.

Alex did look rediculous at tribal council. I couldn't understand a WORD Lisie said??? But of course I was glued to the TV the whole time, loving every minute of it...
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero